Most Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Wanted

Does anyone have a most wanted network in their state?

www.massmostwanted.com

This is a pretty good site with a few other states on the mostwanted network. We are working with the local and state police to see if we can get onto this extended network and start putting out pictures/information for some of the people who perpetrate crimes in our state.

So far, we stick to putting surveillance video on the evening news 5 and 6 (and 11) and we have had great success, but I think adding something like a states most wanted would be beneficial to the security industry. Anyone else have good websites such as this one?

Wow, that site is excellent and very well done!

I don't know of anything similiar in Washington State, but I sure would like to see one.

Comment

Originally posted by LPCap
      Does anyone have a most wanted network in their state?

www.massmostwanted.com

This is a pretty good site with a few other states on the mostwanted network. We are working with the local and state police to see if we can get onto this extended network and start putting out pictures/information for some of the people who perpetrate crimes in our state.

So far, we stick to putting surveillance video on the evening news 5 and 6 (and 11) and we have had great success, but I think adding something like a states most wanted would be beneficial to the security industry. Anyone else have good websites such as this one?
      Case number 070084 looks familiar.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Yea, I think I have seen that guy in a few movies in the past couple of years.....

Comment

That site is funded by the Mass Bankers Association, which is most likely how it got off the ground. Good site.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

another good one

also check out this story:

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/art...iteSection=305

the story is about BankBandits.org -- a similar thing to the one you mentioned, now online around Va.

Comment

hey

Thats a great website. pretty informative.

Comment

utah - http://corrections.utah.gov/community/mostwanted/
                Its not how we die that counts.....
                Its not how we lived that counts....
                all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

In Montreal there is a cable tv station called Avis de recherche. (Wanted). They show photos & clips taken from mug shots & video surveillance systems & post the phone number of the police force looking for the person.
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

This is a very interesting thread to me. I am unaware of one for the state of California, however in my last company we had a great working relationship with the DA's office and would get weekly print outs of the county's wanted. Since we had three check points we say a lot of people every day, and more then a few showed up.
                    Never be afraid to try new things. Remember, amatures built the Ark while professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

My job does not require me to catch criminals. As long as they are paying their bills, observing hotel rules & not committing the crimes in the hotel we leave them alone - we are in the hotel business, not law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                        My job does not require me to catch criminals. As long as they are paying their bills, observing hotel rules & not committing the crimes in the hotel we leave them alone - we are in the hotel business, not law enforcement.
                        So, if Machine-Gun Kelly wanted room service, you'd be comfortable bringing in the food tray?
                        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
                          So, if Machine-Gun Kelly wanted room service, you'd be comfortable bringing in the food tray?
                          I don't have to deliver food....yet. (The slow period is just begining, you never know what service they will dump on Security next)

Comment

When my friend work CPP, he said it was not uncommon to find security staff sweeping around the front of hotels due to boredom or playing concierge / bell hop to late arriving guests.

As we only have State Police in Australia, their web site in my State has a most wanted list ............. some are on their for years.
                            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                              When my friend work CPP, he said it was not uncommon to find security staff sweeping around the front of hotels due to boredom or playing concierge / bell hop to late arriving guests.

As we only have State Police in Australia, their web site in my State has a most wanted list ............. some are on their for years.
                              Was it due to boredom, or was it due (Like in Hotel Security's case) to these duties being part of the security job description?

---

Here's some more stuff people don't want to read:

Unless your client allows it, and your company allows it, you are not in the bad-guy catching business and if a patron has a warrant should not matter. This is pretty harsh, but its the truth.

I have worked at two posts where clients specifically forbid us from taking any action against someone with a known warrant. One time was a hotel, and the front desk (who was of course the "Manager On Duty" and had the authority to control security as an account rep.) noted that she didn't care what he had warrants for, the man threw down 3 thousand dollars on a hotel room so we're leaving him alone for his stay. The police that frequented the hotel were of the variety that really didn't care, so they didn't press the issue, that would upset the free food and drink train.

The second was a driving school that fired their off duty state trooper for security because he would sit in the lot he was guarding and write citations on the cars to pass the time. He'd also arrest/cite suspended drivers who would drive away from the school to get their license reinstated.

When a police officer came to serve a warrant, I was told not to cooperate with the police when they come, because my job is to watch the lot, not enforce laws. The cop had some choice words to the instructor, including "obstruction," but the instructor had some as well, such as, "I'm not obstructing you, I'm giving my security guard orders to do his job, not yours." The cop was then told to leave since he had no proof the man with a warrant was on the premises.

That site was extremely afraid of having the security guard scare the people who came there. Many had warrants, etc. The instructors did not want the people with warrants using their services to be afraid, since it meant a decrease in business.

In the end, it comes down to: Does my company and my client want me disrupting client operations by arresting/turning in people who are wanted fugitives on their premises?

I remember that Utah had problems where her state building account didn't want her turning in a fugitive.
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X