PPO exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbmx13
    I got the letter from BSIS and they told me that they won't issue my PPO number until I submit my arm patch and badge design.

Are there any places that someone has had a pleasant experience dealing with that can design a professional arm patch? I was thinking that I would just get a decent looking one for now and then work on getting a more professional one at a later date, any thoughts? suggestions?

Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions,

Raymond A. Miller III
    Pres-CEO
    Intelligent Ops International, Inc.
    Security and Investigative Services
    In order of preference:
    www.symbolarts.com <- Excellent design, free artwork, nice patches.
    www.qmuniforms.com <- Their "semi-custom" patches are not cheaper.
    www.galls.com <- Good artwork, semi-fast turnaround.
    www.uniforms4all.com <- They want 100 bucks for artwork, but patches are cheap.

What I'd usually do is spec a patch in-house, then ship it to Symbol Arts who would then re-do the patch in Illustrator, which the manufacturer needs to create an embroidery file off of. This is free, and they will send you confirmation artwork.

Quartermaster offers custom patches, and semi-custom. Do the math, for the price of a semi-custom, you can get a full custom patch. You will need to buy at least 50 patches with most places, and you will most likely have to re-submit patch artwork for any changes to BSIS.

Uniform Warehouse (Uniforms4all) also does really cheap badges that start at 30 dollars a badge, semi-custom (you tell em what to put on it, they put it), and have CA legal seals, as well.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Thanks for the info and the quick response, I will use your suggestions.

I appreciate it!

Raymond A. Miller III
      Pres-CEO
      Intelligent Ops International, Inc.
      Security and Investigative Service

Comment

I am going through Emblem Empire. I believe they handle most PD's out here in CA. They can help you if you have a rough sketch of what you want to do.

http://www.eeiemblems.com/
        The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X