No announcement yet.

First dangerous Post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Lone Wolf: I appreciate your comment. As I mentioned, I agree with your original point of having situational awareness. To put this discussion in context (since you are a junior member), this forum has had some epic trolls and a few posters who almost reached the level of "Mall Ninja." Don't take it personally, it's just a bit of a sore spot here. While we are not LE or military, certainly some skills from those fields come into play, and that's not being a "wannabe."

Lunch Meat, I will disagree about the client taking the customer's side every time. Yes, I worked at one place (briefly) where we were essentially window dressing - one complaint from ANY employee or vendor and you got removed from the site. (Thus, you basically sat around and looked concerned, but never challenged anyone for their ID or asked about the computer they were hauling out of the building at 10:00pm.) But two of the places I've worked at the client was solidly on the side of Security - even if you made a mistake, as long as you were using common sense and were following policy in good faith, you would not get a serious reprimand. One place even fired a long time employee because even though he was good at his job, he went out of his way to harass the S/Os, without ever being able to say why or what his beef was. I was very impressed with the client's managers for doing that.
    Last edited by Condo Guard; 12-22-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
      or asked about the computer they were hauling out of the building at 10:00pm.)
      best thing to do is have the most tech illiterate least edumucated member of the Security staff "wave through" a also low ranking (hopefully female) employee and the computer she is carrying "no need to check the computer, miss, da boss gots dees eyes in da walls dats sees every computer each time it come ins or outs...and other stuff too".

"One place even fired a long time employee because even though he was good at his job, he went out of his way to harass the S/Os, without ever being able to say why or what his beef was. I was very impressed with the client's managers for doing that."

I bet client's managers were very happy that Security was able to be the Canary In The Coal Mine and reveal his personality rather than it involve other actual employees. Once the feathers fly its takes forever for the dust to settle. People be taking sides, soon you either got a "fire everyone" or "deal with smoldering resentments" choice.

Guys like that are always on the "fire as soon as we get chance". You obviously can't trust them to represent the firm or manage people, even if they did great in past even in outside sales, etc. I've noticed when a company can plan to fire someone they can do it without costing money, AND can really "punish" the employee on his way out. He was doing great in a booming field but strangely enough no one wants to hire him. Then no one wants to hire him at a entry level low wage job because he was making so much more it screams "something not right" or "he will just bail for higher pay in a week, why bother". That last one was an issue getting my 1st Security gig after decades of Construction union wages.
      Last edited by Squid; 12-22-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X