First dangerous Post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First dangerous Post

So i had a bit of fun over the weekend doing access control for a parking lot for a bar and some kind of BYOB club we had 4 S\Os and 2 off duty police officers. We where tasked with making sure they where not going over the 69 cars in the parking lot (the fire marshals been called a few times) we set up barricades in all the entrances and exits there was also a shipping bay next door we had to make sure nobody went over there ether. Needless to say there was gunshots ringing all night and the off duty police where less than helpful but i was glad they where there.We where all unarmed pay rate was 14 but it was overtime so i was making 21 hr. Also i had been working for 17hrs straight so i was all hyped up on monsters lol.
    Last edited by Gung Ho Guard; 09-17-2017, 08:54 PM. Reason: forgot something

Cool story bro

Comment

Hint. Since it was your first 'dangerous' gig.

Don't do armed for less than 16-17 an hour. Also, it's odd that a traffic officer for a bar would be armed anyways.
      Last edited by PhantomX0990; 09-18-2017, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomX0990 View Post

Don't do armed for less than 16-17 an hour. Also, it's odd that a traffic officer for a bar would be armed anyways.
        I don't have my commissioned license yet and the most i have ever made was 15hr. Yes the off duty police where armed because the cops get called out to the location every weekend and they cant come out any more that's why they where there the police told us they where just there to make sure we did not get shot they where investigators but they where in uniform like regular beat cops.
        Last edited by Gung Ho Guard; 09-18-2017, 03:49 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure you can generalize like that. In Colorado the prevailing wage for armed guards is around 14-15 bucks an hour with armed supervisors making 15-16 maybe 17.

14 bucks an hour might be good money where GHG is at

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

I'm not sure you can generalize like that. In Colorado the prevailing wage for armed guards is around 14-15 bucks an hour with armed supervisors making 15-16 maybe 17.

14 bucks an hour might be good money where GHG is at
            Hm, true. I guess it's more of my preference. If I'm going to have the added liability and danger of going armed, damn well gonna get paid for it, you know?

Comment

Hm, true. I guess it's more of my preference. If I'm going to have the added liability and danger of going armed, damn well gonna get paid for it, you know?
              Yeah, but you're not going to get paid more than what's available.

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

Yeah, but you're not going to get paid more than what's available.
                Then I wouldn't do it. Just doesn't seem worth it. I could make that same amount as a level one guard at a office without putting my life in danger or having liability breathing down my neck.

Comment

Then I wouldn't do it. Just doesn't seem worth it. I could make that same amount as a level one guard at a office without putting my life in danger or having liability breathing down my neck.
                  But remember you're talking about your local pay scale. Around here $15 an hour for an armed guard is good money. Your basic non-supervisory guard makes about 12 bucks an hour here. An unarmed supervisor might make 14.

Personally I don't ever want to do Armed work again not after I saw how willing G4S was to throw their armed guards under the bus. I don't think I'd work armed again for less than $18 an hour but nobody here is paying that unless you want to work the Air Force Base and you have to have an active security clearance before you even apply

Comment

An old formula I picked up somewhere is that an armed guard should roughly be making the overtime rate for a regular guard (or basically time and a half). You can figure for a contract co. they are charging at least that or double what an unarmed guard makes hourly. YMMV; I've seen armored car positions in WA state that pay the same or a dollar an hour more than an unarmed guard - I always thought that was pretty ridiculous given the risk and the extra training.

Comment

I am in Austin Texas and the rate for unarmed guards is about 11.00 to 14.00 an hour but the cost of living is so high here might as well be minimum wage.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
                        An old formula I picked up somewhere is that an armed guard should roughly be making the overtime rate for a regular guard (or basically time and a half). You can figure for a contract co. they are charging at least that or double what an unarmed guard makes hourly. YMMV; I've seen armored car positions in WA state that pay the same or a dollar an hour more than an unarmed guard - I always thought that was pretty ridiculous given the risk and the extra training.
                        Loomis pays $13 (couple yra back was only $11) and Dunbar pays $12 (recently came into the area). That is for NY. and we have pistol permits and required (tedious process on its own). They say they pay a little extra for having it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Id do it to obtain CDL (Loonis said theyd train you)..but thats about it. Im nkt against hard work, but back breaking work is another. No thanks.

Comment

Just want reiterate to everyone that every job, every shift, in Thisbe business is potentially dangerous. Your uniform makes a target, never let your guard down, for we are the warrior class.
                          Last edited by Lone Wolf; 12-17-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Never heard of Fire Regs for number of cars in a lot.

Any hints on club's clientele? What was reason for cops being called?

IMO, startup "clubs" are fun, with tons of chicks, but only for first two weekends.

My advice, get while the getting is good. Always much easier to find a job if you got one already.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
                              Just want reiterate to everyone that every job, every shift, in Thisbe business is potentially dangerous. Your uniform makes a target, never let your guard down, for we are the warrior class.
                              No. You are NOT a "warrior class." You are a guard.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X