psych eval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgtnewby
    Minnesota does not require psych evals as a state requirement for security personel. But my employer, Hennepin County Medical Center, does require us to take the MMPI, the California version (I forget what it's called), and one other that I can't remember the name of. So, three total, and sometimes people get called back for an interview with a doctor for what they call "answering too honestly." I used to work armed security here and they don't even require a drug screen. I think the whole process here needs an overhaul.

Nate
    I think the whole industry needs an overhaul, Psych Evals and drug test. my last two Security/LE jobs I recieved neither. One of which we were armed and in HIGH stress situations.
    Todd

Comment

Choicepoint?! ROFL. These guys aren't qualified to give a psychiatric battery. They're a credit reporting/employment screening company used mostly by retail companies.

Is it sad that the kid bagging groceries at your local Target is hired through Brassring, given a full credit check by Choicepoint, and a 600 question "psych assessment" through Choicepoint?

Browse their site. You'll find that most of their "tests" are in fact "guidelines to help you establish compliance with federal anti-discrimination" laws.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yes Most Definitely whether armed or unarmed it should be mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Choicepoint?! ROFL. These guys aren't qualified to give a psychiatric battery. They're a credit reporting/employment screening company used mostly by retail companies.
          Oh, I know what they are, I had to get a copy of my credit report from them last week

I agree about their qualifications wholeheartedly, when a test asks a question like "Select Agree or Disagree= I like to hear children scream in pain."

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
            I had to take two for this job, one when I first began working unarmed wile waiting for the armed license, and the MMPI clone before the "training" for the armed fed contract. Nothing like the 9 hour battery of tests and an hour long interview with a shrink to get my last LE job though.

One of my friends took the MMPI-wannabee test for the armed contract here, and was told he'd failed. He requested a review from the testing company, Choicepoint, and was told he'd been turned down due to "authoritarian tendencies".

Is it any shock we get some wackjobs?
            This reminds me of that psycho National Guard sergeant on the movie "Earthquake." He was taunted by individuals in his neighborhood before the quake. When they were arrested for looting after the quake, he mowed them all down with an M-16.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
              This reminds me of that psycho National Guard sergeant on the movie "Earthquake." He was taunted by individuals in his neighborhood before the quake. When they were arrested for looting after the quake, he mowed them all down with an M-16.
              Sorry, it came out the year before I was born

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                Oh, I know what they are, I had to get a copy of my credit report from them last week

I agree about their qualifications wholeheartedly, when a test asks a question like "Select Agree or Disagree= I like to hear children scream in pain."
                I am the Law
                [ ] Agree
                [ ] Disagree
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                  I am the Law
                  [X] Agree
                  [ ] Disagree
                  That was easy.
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X