Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible help required from forum members

Hi

I really didn't want to have to do this, but I don't think I'm going to be left with an alternative.

I had finally been given permission to purchase equipment from a US based business that sell on-line, plus have a shop. Since I'm in Australia no one wanted to do business with me as it's international.

I paid over $200USD two weeks ago now (about $270AD), via my credit card on their on-line store as I had been told to do by the person I'd been corresponding with for several items. I had received an email back from the person I'd been corresponding with they would be in touch shortly to get my Australian address and would send it to me A.S.A.P.

It didn't matter previously when ever I sent an email, the person I was corresponding to replied to me within 24hrs, and a "cc" was sent to another person within this business.

I have sent several emails now since my order and absolutely no response at all, nothing, from either person. I'm starting to fear the worst

Is there anyone in the Arizona (I'm guessing AZ stands for Arizona?) state, that would be kind enough to help me if I leave it another week and still don't hear from these people that might be able to help me further if I need to take the mater further?

I would appreciate any help at all. I'm hoping this works out in a proper and professional business manner so I don't have to involve anyone else, but it's looking less likely everyday

Thank you kindly for your help in advance.
    A well trained dog is worth 10 men!

I can recall my dog, but I can never recall a fired bullet!

Would you prefer me to use the dog, the Glock, the baton or the O.C. spray? It's your health insurance so you decide. Alternatively there is always the handcuffs, followed by the Police with the court house preceeding rapidly after. Now which service would you like me to utilise

Are you being taken for a ride?

If you suspect you have been taken for a ride, you need to make copies of all your letters and a copy of the merchandise order form as well as your payment statement. If you paid by credit card, go to your credit card company and request a statement from them. It is important that you keep ALL of your records in relation to you dealings with this company. Once you get copies of all of your records, Send the copies of your transaction communications to the Arizona Attorney Generals office. They might be able to help you. There is one problem. I have investigated one fraud case for a grand parent of mine who was taken for a ride in an investment scam. The scam artist used a bank in Texas but was based out of Canada. The American authorities informed me that since other countries were involved, that there was nmothing they could do.

However, Since you are the customer of an alleged U.S. based business, they may still be able to help you.

The attorney general may also post some links on his sight that may also lead you oin the right direction.

Good luck, and I hope you recover your money.

Comment

I think we got this handled for K-9, but it's a good lesson in how not to do business. This vendor is actually reputable and my investigation showed they have received many large-dollar contracts with numerous police and other agencies. However, they had certain logistical problems in filling his order and then failed to communicate with him about these so that his inquiries were met with stony silence. What would anyone think, especially from another country? One simple email to the customer would have sufficed but it seems that they just presumed he would know what was going on.

It ain't love that makes the world go around...it's communication, even in our own positions. That's what makes "Verbal Judo" such a great book to read.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

SecTrainer,

Kudos to you for reaching out and helping one our own, I am somewhat ashamed I had not considered doing the same...

I hope others can learn from the example you have set, I know I have.
        ~Super Ninja Sniper~
        Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Hi guys

Sorry I've been absolutely flat out over here down under working 16hr days, 7 days a week for the past month and haven't had time to do a lot of things

First of all a big thanks to SecTrainer! His help was simply outstanding! It will never be forgotten and when I come for my first trip to the U.S.A. later this year he will be rewarded

It's great to know that in times like this I could both ask for and receive assistance from the international community.

All it would have taken was a follow up email form the company to me, which I might add I'm still waiting for some 6 weeks later, however SecTrainer certainly made them stand up and take note!

Thanks once again for the outstanding help!
          A well trained dog is worth 10 men!

I can recall my dog, but I can never recall a fired bullet!

Would you prefer me to use the dog, the Glock, the baton or the O.C. spray? It's your health insurance so you decide. Alternatively there is always the handcuffs, followed by the Police with the court house preceeding rapidly after. Now which service would you like me to utilise

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X