Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security companies in Tampa/St Petersburg

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for information on security companies in the Tampa/st Petersburg area. I'm looking for a company that pays its employees a decent hourly wage with good benefits, the position has to be armed, your knowledge and info would be greatly appreciated as i don't want to be stuck with an unprofessional company (warm body security). It would be great if they support additional training as i only just completed my florida state G license, but if they don't thats no big deal i'll just have to do my own additional training, i already have a few courses lined up.
    Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

Have a great day

Slan
    Marty

Several members currently or previously have worked for Excelsior Defense. They are the ones who can offer the best advice.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Unless you have prior experience, expect to work unarmed for 6 months.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I currently work for excelsior defense Inc based in st.petersburg. We are currently hiring armed and unarmed security officers,
        Its a good company. Ive been with them 2 yrs come this july. Im a site corporal.
        we take care of our officers. i think armed starts at 10 an hr and up,unarmed starts at 7 something an hr. All of our employees are eligible for free training at our DS security officer school.(defense academics). we are the only company i know of that issues tasers to our officers in FL. feel free to pm me for questions.
        "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Nathan. Do you have a list of those companies requiring six months experience working unarmed prior to working armed, and those hiring people with the training and G license regardless of experience?

Comment

Originally posted by mh892
            Nathan. Do you have a list of those companies requiring six months experience working unarmed prior to working armed, and those hiring people with the training and G license regardless of experience?
            Nope. But then, I only really group companies in St. Pete in three groups:

CIS (You need to work for them 6 months before going to SSG)
            EDI (They may hire people with experience for G, but generally don't like hiring armed newbies)
            Everyone else (Pot luck. Some warm body companies will hire newly minted Gs, others don't have armed accounts.)
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              I absolutely refuse point blank to work UNARMED security in florida with all the nut jobs running around hell i wouldn't even do it where i'm from and thats Belfast, N. Ireland

Slan
              Martin

Comment

Ive worked unarmed with baton, oc and cuffs only for almost 2yrs. Ive worked section 8 properties, homeless feed centers, resorts and other posts and have dealt with nut jobs on a few of them. while its nice to have a firearm 95 percent of things you run into its not needed.
                "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
                  Ive worked unarmed with baton, oc and cuffs only for almost 2yrs. Ive worked section 8 properties, homeless feed centers, resorts and other posts and have dealt with nut jobs on a few of them. while its nice to have a firearm 95 percent of things you run into its not needed.
                  It"s 30+ years for me without a gun OR Oc OR Taser. And I agree 100% nthat at least 95% of what I have done over the 30 + years did not require a firearm.
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                    It"s 30+ years for me without a gun OR Oc OR Taser. And I agree 100% nthat at least 95% of what I have done over the 30 + years did not require a firearm.
                    "They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." - Brian Fantana

Sorry for the random "Anchorman" quote... What you said reminded me of that line from the movie =]
                    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity

Though that might be true, what about that 5% when you will need it, your life might depend on it, then what will you do? Gun crime in florida is on the up, personally i'll rely on my gun when that 5% comes along.

Slan
                      marty

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X