Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armed Guys

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Armed Guys

    Owning Glocks as I do or not or maybe thinking about picking up a new side arm then you may find the link below interesting. I started out with the Model 22-40 cal that most police depts used and soon found that the model 23 packed just as much punch yet was light enough to make a difference after working a double. I think it was only about $60.00 more than the Model 22.

    WARNING: Do not use reloads or non-jacketed lead ammunition in your Glock pistol. This can cause personal injury as well as damage to your gun. Read your owner's manual carefully!

    http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...iew&id=90&Item
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

  • #2
    Originally posted by Chucky
    I started out with the Model 22-40 cal that most police depts used and soon found that the model 23 packed just as much punch yet was light enough to make a difference after working a double. I think it was only about $60.00 more than the Model 22.
    I get no choice, the gubmint and the company state Glock 22.

    Comment


    • #3
      I personally carry a glock 23 while on duty and love it. I mainly carry it because I have smaller hands and it its them perfectly. The first time I qualified for the armed guard license I scored a 245 out of 250(50 rnds at 5pts each) and it was the second time I had ever shot the glock, any handgun for that matter. I guess those FPS on the PC do help with something. I do have the occasional FTF but not really any since I learned how to properly hold the gun so I wouldn't limp wrist it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by locknid
        . I do have the occasional FTF but not really since I learned how to properly hold the gun so I wouldn't limp wrist it.
        A long time ago the army taught us to fire one handed in a side ways stance. Now the training instructor wants us to stand face to the target and use both hands. Took some getting used to. My first try in that stance I covered my right hand with my left. The instructor calmly asked when you pull that trigger and the slide comes back to reload then how may stitches do you guess it will take to sew up the gash in your left hand. OOPS!
        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
        http://www.boondocksaints.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wilrobnson
          I get no choice, the gubmint and the company state Glock 22.
          Wilrobnson: Does the company also furnish the ammunition? As said before, restrict your ammunition to FMJ to prevent stoppages.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Chucky
            A long time ago the army taught us to fire one handed in a side ways stance. Now the training instructor wants us to stand face to the target and use both hands. Took some getting used to. My first try in that stance I covered my right hand with my left. The instructor calmly asked when you pull that trigger and the slide comes back to reload then how may stitches do you guess it will take to sew up the gash in your left hand. OOPS!
            Heh. Weaver vs. Isosceles. Weaver protects you by creating less a silhouette for them to hit. But since there are usually gaps in your body armor at the sides, it allows rounds that do hit to penetrate into the chest cavity.

            So, the other idea, Isosceles, the "moving cover" concept, where you present your chest as an inviting target because you're armored, and gain the accuracy of lock-in with the weapon since you're in that triangle.

            Personally, I shoot Weaver.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

            "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bill Warnock
              Wilrobnson: Does the company also furnish the ammunition? As said before, restrict your ammunition to FMJ to prevent stoppages.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill
              Yes Bill, the Gubmint contract states 180gr Federal HydraShok in .40 is all that will be carried, and the company supplies it. We spend quite a bit qualifying with and practicing with it yearly, since we practice with what we carry.

              Comment


              • #8
                FMJ or Ball Ammo has over penetration issues, if I remember correctly. There's a reason we all carry JHP with fancy names... It creates massive wound cavities, temporary or not, and rapidly drops the target's blood pressure, making them go to sleep.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

                "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                  FMJ or Ball Ammo has over penetration issues, if I remember correctly. There's a reason we all carry JHP with fancy names... It creates massive wound cavities, temporary or not, and rapidly drops the target's blood pressure, making them go to sleep.
                  Agreed. I can't think of a single Officer I've ever met (LEO or S/O) that carries FMJ while on duty. It's fine for practice, but the smaller wound cavities, and tendency to travel THROUGH your target (potentially into someone else behind them) makes them undesirable for duty work..
                  Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                  Originally posted by ValleyOne
                  BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                  Shoulda called in sick.
                  Be safe!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                    FMJ or Ball Ammo has over penetration issues, if I remember correctly. There's a reason we all carry JHP with fancy names... It creates massive wound cavities, temporary or not, and rapidly drops the target's blood pressure, making them go to sleep.
                    Nathan I thought I read in some law enforcement bulletin that some Glock handgun models would either stove pipe or have other feeding problems if FMJ was not used. Did I miss read or misunderstand something?
                    Bill

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was told by a Glock Armorer (my dad) that the reason you cannot use 'lead' rounds is the the lead that remains in the 'rifling' will eventually fill the riflling and render it useless. Interesting to note that Glocks and HK's do NOT have true rifling, they are actually hexagonal or octagonal grooves. The lead will build up in the voids of the hexagonal grooves and increase the chamber pressure to unsafe levels as well as misfires...
                      ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                      Corbier's Commandos

                      Nemo me impune lacessit

                      Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                        Nathan I thought I read in some law enforcement bulletin that some Glock handgun models would either stove pipe or have other feeding problems if FMJ was not used. Did I miss read or misunderstand something?
                        Bill
                        They did have a problem with jamming and traced it to an engineering situation in the feed of the magazine for which was corrected.
                        On a side note it was suggested in a shooters forum that you try to keep away from Walmart target ammo. Apparently their ammo leaves a lot of wax residue in the barrel. Plus if you aren't bothered by that to save a few bucks then only a fire arms licensed clerk can sell ammo and they are far and few between in Wally world.
                        Last edited by Chucky; 02-12-2007, 04:08 PM.
                        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                        http://www.boondocksaints.com/

                        Comment

                        Leaderboard

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X