Security Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Companies

Ok i am looking for information on Security Companies in Phoenix. I am looking fo r a mainly patrol company (Very few If any Standing sites) . I prefer to be Radio dispatched (not nextel). I also prefer a company that provides its own civer rather then telling officers that the police are coming they respond their officers as cover. Tasers are a Plus. Fully armed is a must. I prefer that they be professional and require LE experience or training. Are there any companies like this or near this in the phoenix area. I am basing my preferences knowing what i like at my current job and looking for a similar position in AZ. Thank you for the assistance.
    Robert
    Here endith the lesson

Originally posted by Arff312
    I prefer to be Radio dispatched (not nextel).
    What's the huge difference?
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Yeah, whats wrong with Nextel ?

Comment

nextel is ok for personal use ( i use nextel) And when used on group talk its ok. But i hate it when u always talk only to one other person. I like to know that if i need help other officers are aware and on the way. So thats why i want to be radio dispatched.
        Robert
        Here endith the lesson

Comment

If you are using nextels equipped with talkgroups, there isn't much difference. In some aspects, it's far more reliable than any conventional radio.
          "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Nextel is okay...it's even better to have a private radio dispatch with Nextel as backup. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of scratch to build out (and then maintain) your own dispatch center, and in some areas it can be very difficult to get an FCC license due to channel crowding. In many northern states, there can be added cost and delay if there's a conflict with Canadian frequencies. One alternative to some of the licensing difficulties is to piggyback on someone else's trunked radio system if you can.

The other requirements you mention are very reasonable, it seems to me. As I see it, you want to do a certain kind of work, looking for a specific type of opportunity and want to associate with an organization that you can take some pride in. This should not be too much to ask!

It may be that you'll just have to visit companies one by one until you hit the right one. If so, it might seem like a pain in the wazzoo, but on the other hand you'll have an opportunity to scout the competition while you're doing this, and that isn't a bad thing either.

Very best of luck to you in your search! If more of us would be as selective in who we work for, maybe some of the "bottom-feeder" companies would either have to straighten up or go out of business.
            "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Yea it took me about six months of looking to find the company i work at now. They have it pretty much dead on. We use the nextel i talk goroups and everyone heres all that is said etc.. I agree that if everyone was selective there would be less guards that cant speak english only equiped witha cell phone (sone times a pocket full of quaters). Dont get me started on some of the things i have seen. But i think i can be selective as i have lots of training and am willing to get more.
              Robert
              Here endith the lesson

Comment

Anyone in Arizona that can help me with my search ?
                Robert
                Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by Arff312
                  Anyone in Arizona that can help me with my search ?
                  Have you tried Anderson Security?

http://www.andersonsecurity.com/index.html

They are a client of mine.
                  Richard Dickinson
                  Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
                  DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
                  www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

the company i work for in utah (cbi security) has an office in AZ, we use radio dispatchm we have our own dispatch center with two dispatchers per shift in utah, in AZ we have something like 55 officers .. so im sure we have some form of radio dispatch cbi has both patrol and standing post..... look em up :P
                    Its not how we die that counts.....
                    Its not how we lived that counts....
                    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X