Dog the Bounty Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's common forum etiquette to avoid "necro-posting."

That conversation has been dead and over for two years and you bring it back with some pointless comment telling a person who hardly qualifies as a user anymore telling them they're wrong when they're probably somewhere about 99% unlikely to respond.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

sorry i will brush up on my forum etiquette. note too self......
      Tom Duprey
      Owner/Relentless Risk Management

Comment

I used to live where he (Dog, Duane...) was convicted of murder. To this day he still maintains his innocence, but does admit to being an accessory as he failed to report it & was there when it happened...

I don't watch the show all that much. True, he's a convicted felon and I, (IMO), don't think that he should be allowed to do what he does. That being said, he's fortunate that someone hasn't been hurt worse than what they have. But on the other hand, he has done some good for lots of people...

The argument goes both ways!
        "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson View Post
          It's common forum etiquette to avoid "necro-posting."
          It is? That's news to me. I've always encouraged people to stop making new threads on subjects which we have previously covered and just refer back to the older threads.
          Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
            It is?
            Yes. It's different if there's a thread thats 2-3 months old vs. a thread that has been dead for 2-3 YEARS. By bringing up ridiculously old threads, you are opening up a conversation where people have made posts that are unlikely to still be around (such as in this case) to defend their position.
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
              It is? That's news to me. I've always encouraged people to stop making new threads on subjects which we have previously covered and just refer back to the older threads.
              A great idea I think.

Comment

Thanks guys.....I wasn't likely to stop on account of him anyway.
                Tom Duprey

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadTroll View Post
                  Thanks guys.....I wasn't likely to stop on account of him anyway.
                  After all there a lot of discussions/arguments that we have where we might not have all the "facts". I would assume at we would actually want to find out the outcome after such passionate participation.

Comment

Originally posted by LPAjh9558 View Post
                    I used to live where he (Dog, Duane...) was convicted of murder. To this day he still maintains his innocence, but does admit to being an accessory as he failed to report it & was there when it happened...

I don't watch the show all that much. True, he's a convicted felon and I, (IMO), don't think that he should be allowed to do what he does. That being said, he's fortunate that someone hasn't been hurt worse than what they have. But on the other hand, he has done some good for lots of people...

The argument goes both ways!
                    To be honest, I'm kinda on the fence about this just because I've seen to many people with felony records have dificulty even finding housing years since sentencing. Granted it wasn't for murder, but I could see something like auto-expungements like five years after completion of a sentence for non pathological crimes (cerial killers/rapist, child molesters, premeditated murder and so on) since holding people back from being a productive member of society just makes the same people a drain on societies resources. Regardless of what I think of Dog or the image he gives to the bounty hunter profession and his background, at least he's being a productive member of society.

Comment

Thanks to those who supported my love of re-hashing old threads. This one was especially cool as I just completed the state certification courses for Bail Fugitve Recovery and am looking to Bounty Hunting as an income supplement.
                      Tom Duprey

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadTroll View Post
                        Thanks to those who supported my love of re-hashing old threads. This one was especially cool as I just completed the state certification courses for Bail Fugitve Recovery and am looking to Bounty Hunting as an income supplement.
                        I would not recommend it. I did it about eight years ago for a few months and it is incredibly hard to make money at it, because most of the people you go after jumped very small misdemeanor bonds and the payouts for doing weeks of interviews, surveillance, house searches, and capturing people who will sometimes fight with you or run are ridiculously low.

When I was doing it, the flat rate for capturing a fugitive on a $1,000 bond (which is normal, because bail bondsmen usually get collateral for higher bonds and don't need to hunt the defendant down) was $125. However, one of the bondsmen I ran papers for eventually offered me a full-time position as a bail bond agent (probably because I was one of the few hunters who wasn't stealing from him or a convicted felon). THAT was good and I would recommend it if you can get into it. All you have to do is go to the jail, get cash from the co-signer, and fill out some paperwork to get the defendant out of jail. If he doesn't show for court, you go get him.

I had an arrangement with the bounty hunters that worked with us (most bounty hunters work for multiple companies and take whatever papers they can get and most bonding companies give the same papers to multiple bounty hunters) that I could tag along with them at night and assist on arrests (at no charge to them) if they would give my fugitives priority and drive me to a police station whenever I got a call to post a bond. I benefited from that because I would sometimes repost the bonds for fugitives they brought in and make more money. It was a win-win situation.

Eventually, the bonding company I worked for went under because the owner was a moron. I went back to security work after that because I preferred the steady paycheck.

All that said, bounty hunting is not a good choice for part-time work. When you look at the expenses and time involved compared to the pay (not to mention the danger), you usually lose out and can only keep your head above water by staying busy 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

However, if it's something you really want to do, feel free to PM me and I'll give you whatever pointers I can.
                        Last edited by ThrilloftheVO; 02-23-2009, 03:26 PM.
                        ...Men have less scruple in offending one who is beloved than one who is feared, for love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.

-Machiavelli

www.victoriousopposition.com

Comment

I appreciate the info but I've had all the worst case scenarios explained to me ten-fold. This why it is supplemental and not my bread and butter. Also, I am not planning on working alone....there is a local Private Investigation firm that specializes in Bail Recovery and I am hoping to sign on with them and work there prearranged contracts.....and maybe someday become an in-house investigator for Aladdin or one of the other big Bail Bond companies.
                          Tom Duprey

Comment

Alright, BBT. All I can say is good luck and have fun!
                            ...Men have less scruple in offending one who is beloved than one who is feared, for love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.

-Machiavelli

www.victoriousopposition.com

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X