X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a J-O-B!

Hello All,
    I got my first job in Security!

Working for a company called HSS (Hospital Shared Services) based out of Denver, with the CA office in Brea. I'll be working graveyard at Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo (CA).
    I interviewed yesterday with corporate yesterday and today went on-site to meet the site supervisor. Went really well... I got the call from corporate before I even made it home! She said the site supervisor really liked me and wanted me on ASAP.

I go back to Brea on Friday to take training for IAHSS (Certification in Healthcare Security). Then I'll get my schedule and start WORK.
    WoooHooo!

As I anticipated, I'll be rolling weapon-less. No gun, no baton and no OC...
    On the upside, the supervisor said in the almost 5 years he's been on-site, there has never been a physical altercation with a guard.
    Gotta love working in "Yuppie Areas"!

Just thought I'd share the good news!!!
    (again, WooooHoooo)

EDIT:Oh Yeah... Forgot to mention, they're going to start me out at $12/hr!
    And once again... WOOOOOHOOOOO!

Sounds great. Good luck and WooHoo for you. Hope all goes well in your new endeavor.

Comment

With a company name like "Hospital Shared Systems," I'd wonder if they had him doing janitorial or maintenance duties, but then I remembered. Its Cali. SEIU would have a fit if they had a non-union guard doing a union janitor's duties.

Good luck, and remember, never piss of a doctor, they are God.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        With a company name like "Hospital Shared Systems," I'd wonder if they had him doing janitorial or maintenance duties, but then I remembered. Its Cali. SEIU would have a fit if they had a non-union guard doing a union janitor's duties.

Good luck, and remember, never piss of a doctor, they are God.
        No janitorial duties...
        The "Shared" part comes in that supply other trained positions to hospitals as well as security.

Comment

Congratulations.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Way to go!

Comment

Way to go

Good luck, and welcome fellow hospital security Officer! It is a kinda different, kind of security work. I like it and have been at it sense April '98'. I hope you never have to have a fight, as for us, we are hands on all the way we also have a locked psych unit .

N.A. is right Dr.'s are gods and most of them know it.

be safe

Comment

I'd hate to have to take it to one of them (with my flashlight I guess)! Just kidding...

For my day job, I own a retail store in Seal Beach. The beach yuppies ALL think they are gods!
                It's water off a ducks back to me...

Thanks to all, I'll keep you posted on how it works out!

Comment

yea

worked in hospitals...not in security but I was floor tech..stripping and waxing floors...doctors do think they are Gods....they hated me though lol...floor techs can be asses when it comes to a freshly waxed floor.

Comment

Congratulations on the new job! You will really enjoy it, no two days are the same in a hospital! And in Canada too, Doctors are Gods, must be a universal thing....

Comment

Congradulations!

It's mimus 20 C these days in Montreal. In this weather the Hotel Chef Engineer is God. You do NOT want to p*ss him off.
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                        Congradulations!

It's mimus 20 C these days in Montreal. In this weather the Hotel Chef Engineer is God. You do NOT want to p*ss him off.
                        20 below zero!!!

I would LOVE to be doing foot patrols in Montreal!!!

Comment

Don't forget the nurses. Some are true Angels
                          Last edited by RatPatrol; 01-25-2008, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Congrats on the new job.
                            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
                              Congrats on the new job.
                              I'm sure he appreciates your congradulations but look at the date of his post. IT WAS LAST YEAR It ain't new anymore.
                              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X