replied
    Originally posted by talon View Post
    Let a man have his Rambo fantasy.
    Yeah. Whatever.

Leave a comment:

• talon
    replied
    Originally posted by john_harrington View Post
    MH, I am really not trying to start trouble but a few posts below your answers are a bit different.
    Let a man have his Rambo fantasy.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied

I don't want to use it, but am prepared to do so if needed.

Leave a comment:

• john_harrington
    replied
    Originally posted by mh892
    1. Over thirty.

2. Three times.

3. One.
    MH, I am really not trying to start trouble but a few posts below your answers are a bit different.

Leave a comment:

• medic15al
    replied
    13 years off and on, never unarmed

multiple times had to present sidearm

once had to discharge it

B'ham, AL area, real cesspool of a town and alone on a closed industrial site w/ no electricity, water, toilet facilities, or phone availible.(other than cell)

Leave a comment:

• mh892
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    OK everyone knows my situation. I'm not allowed a gun so I have worked 30+ years, usually alone in downtown hotels in a major city unarmed.

My question to those of you that do or have worked armed security: 1) How many years have you worked armed 2) How many times have you had to draw your weapon 3) How many actual shots have you taken at a suspect (Killing 4 legged rats does not count!)
    1) Forty or so.

2) Several.

3) Two.

Leave a comment:

• Qarlo X64
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    OK everyone knows my situation. I'm not allowed a gun so I have worked 30+ years, usually alone in downtown hotels in a major city unarmed.

My question to those of you that do or have worked armed security: 1) How many years have you worked armed 2) How many times have you had to draw your weapon 3) How many actual shots have you taken at a suspect (Killing 4 legged rats does not count!)
    1> Year and a half.
    2> Once
    3> None. Though when I worked as a Repo Man it was the other way around, I got shot at on three different occassions, the 2nd being the one that an idiot's 7.62x39mm round came about an inch away from hitting me through my boss's pickup truck.

When working on a commissioned post I'm always alert and pre-resolved to what might be the final outcome by the shift's end if things go south, but I make damn sure from the 1st night I'm on that post to make my "Command Prescense" within the SPD of the Force Continuum so readily apparent that the good people feel safe and usually want to chit chat for my allowed 3 minutes (sometimes) and the bad apples usually don't want to screw with someone that isn't going to let **** happen on their watch. For both professional and personal reasons I am damn proud I've never had to use my sidearm in the line of duty.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    1) 2 years, split among 2 jobs (sounds familiar, eh Wil? LOL)

2) In a situation where there was the potential to use it, only once during a building search on a good alarm. But it comes out of my holster at least once a day while on duty, as there are certain places I visit that mandate no weapons for anyone but LEOs. It goes in a lockbox in the meantime.

3) No shots fired outside of the range.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    5 of 25

Deescalation techniques and having the right days off

Leave a comment:

• CAPTAIN KOOLAID
    replied
    firearms use

11 years of service

3 time firearm was drawn

0 times used

Sgt koolaid

oh ya

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Mexico Police - Tiawana

Anyone see the report about the police using sligshots (I kid you not) because their guns where taken by the military for ballistics testing regarding unsolved drug killings?

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    Does this include military service? LOL!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    1) As a guard, 2 (split up though, current position, one year).

2) As a guard, 1.

3) As a guard, 0.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    started a topic Firearm use

Firearm use

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X