Firearm use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearm use

OK everyone knows my situation. I'm not allowed a gun so I have worked 30+ years, usually alone in downtown hotels in a major city unarmed.

My question to those of you that do or have worked armed security: 1) How many years have you worked armed 2) How many times have you had to draw your weapon 3) How many actual shots have you taken at a suspect (Killing 4 legged rats does not count!)
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    My question to those of you that do or have worked armed security: 1) How many years have you worked armed 2) How many times have you had to draw your weapon 3) How many actual shots have you taken at a suspect (Killing 4 legged rats does not count!)
    1) As a guard, 2 (split up though, current position, one year).

2) As a guard, 1.

3) As a guard, 0.

Comment

Does this include military service? LOL!
      Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Mexico Police - Tiawana

Anyone see the report about the police using sligshots (I kid you not) because their guns where taken by the military for ballistics testing regarding unsolved drug killings?
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

firearms use

11 years of service

3 time firearm was drawn

0 times used

Sgt koolaid

oh ya
          CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

5 of 25

Deescalation techniques and having the right days off
            Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
            Groucho Marx

Comment

1) 2 years, split among 2 jobs (sounds familiar, eh Wil? LOL)

2) In a situation where there was the potential to use it, only once during a building search on a good alarm. But it comes out of my holster at least once a day while on duty, as there are certain places I visit that mandate no weapons for anyone but LEOs. It goes in a lockbox in the meantime.

3) No shots fired outside of the range.
              Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
              Originally posted by ValleyOne
              BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
              Shoulda called in sick.
              Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                OK everyone knows my situation. I'm not allowed a gun so I have worked 30+ years, usually alone in downtown hotels in a major city unarmed.

1> Year and a half.
                2> Once
                3> None. Though when I worked as a Repo Man it was the other way around, I got shot at on three different occassions, the 2nd being the one that an idiot's 7.62x39mm round came about an inch away from hitting me through my boss's pickup truck.

When working on a commissioned post I'm always alert and pre-resolved to what might be the final outcome by the shift's end if things go south, but I make damn sure from the 1st night I'm on that post to make my "Command Prescense" within the SPD of the Force Continuum so readily apparent that the good people feel safe and usually want to chit chat for my allowed 3 minutes (sometimes) and the bad apples usually don't want to screw with someone that isn't going to let **** happen on their watch. For both professional and personal reasons I am damn proud I've never had to use my sidearm in the line of duty.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post

1) Forty or so.

2) Several.

3) Two.

Comment

13 years off and on, never unarmed

multiple times had to present sidearm

once had to discharge it

B'ham, AL area, real cesspool of a town and alone on a closed industrial site w/ no electricity, water, toilet facilities, or phone availible.(other than cell)

Comment

Originally posted by mh892
                      1. Over thirty.

2. Three times.

3. One.
                      MH, I am really not trying to start trouble but a few posts below your answers are a bit different.
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G. Orwell

Comment

I don't want to use it, but am prepared to do so if needed.
                        "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by john_harrington View Post
                          MH, I am really not trying to start trouble but a few posts below your answers are a bit different.
                          Let a man have his Rambo fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by talon View Post
                            Let a man have his Rambo fantasy.
                            Yeah. Whatever.

Comment

a) two years
                              b) once
                              c) never, and hope it stays that way

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse