Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the reasons I hate college kids...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Just don't sit right.

    The whole incident just doesn't sit well with me. But if it was a set-up to make some kind of statement or whatever the motive...what a better setting then a college...lot of different activists there some against the same causes...and what a perfect audiance for a performance, eh.

    Comment


    • #17
      Right now I am in college. I am also in law enforcement. All I have to say is that I am sorry for the way the big babies acted towrds the UCLAPD. They could have done some things different, but there was absolutely no complience on the subjects part, so her should be happy that they did'nt have to use the baton or oc on him. By the way College is just High School 2.0, new, but not improved.
      Keeping the parking lots safe, hallways moving and the Chik Fil A busy.

      Comment


      • #18
        Grins, o.k. you got me, bows his head, I'm guilty, I just love screwing with some of you, laughing. I would tell the cops to knock it off and just cuff the damn kid and take him, or else I would be sending up a sworn incident affidavit to the Chief State's Attorney ( Connecticut's Top Cop ) citing the states assualt charges, excessive use of a tasor, any physical evidence I could gather like that video, witnesses names, and request criminal charges be brought against the police officers. Then I would make sure that kids lawyers get a hard copy of everything, that's what I would do in my role as a state licensed security officer.

        Sec. 53a-61. Assault in the third degree: Class A misdemeanor. (a) A person is guilty of assault in the third degree when: (1) With intent to cause physical injury to another person, he causes such injury to such person or to a third person; or (2) he recklessly causes serious physical injury to another person; or (3) with criminal negligence, he causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon, a dangerous instrument or an electronic defense weapon. (b) Assault in the third degree is a class A misdemeanor and any person found guilty under subdivision (3) of subsection (a) of this section shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of one year which may not be suspended or reduced. (1969, P.A. 828, S. 62; P.A. 86-287, S. 3; P.A. 92-260, S. 30.)

        Sec. 53a-64. Reckless endangerment in the second degree: Class B misdemeanor. (a) A person is guilty of reckless endangerment in the second degree when he recklessly engages in conduct which creates a risk of physical injury to another person. (b) Reckless endangerment in the second degree is a class B misdemeanor. (1969, P.A. 828, S. 65.)


        Sec. 53a-62. Threatening in the second degree: Class A misdemeanor. (a) A person is guilty of threatening in the second degree when: (1) By physical threat, such person intentionally places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury, (2) such person threatens to commit any crime of violence with the intent to terrorize another person, or (3) such person threatens to commit such crime of violence in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror. (b) Threatening in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor. (1969, P.A. 828, S. 63; Nov. 15 Sp. Sess. P.A. 01-2, S. 8, 9; P.A. 02-97, S. 16.)

        Sec. 53a-181. Breach of the peace in the second degree: Class B misdemeanor. (a) A person is guilty of breach of the peace in the second degree when, with intent to cause inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, such person: (1) Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening behavior in a public place; or (2) assaults or strikes another; or (3) threatens to commit any crime against another person or such other person's property; or (4) publicly exhibits, distributes, posts up or advertises any offensive, indecent or abusive matter concerning any person; or (5) in a public place, uses abusive or obscene language or makes an obscene gesture; or (6) creates a public and hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which such person is not licensed or privileged to do. For purposes of this section, "public place" means any area that is used or held out for use by the public whether owned or operated by public or private interests. (b) Breach of the peace in the second degree is a class B misdemeanor. (1969, P.A. 828, S. 183; P.A. 92-260, S. 68; P.A. 98-55; Nov. 15 Sp. Sess. P.A. 01-2, S. 6, 9.)

        Sec. 53a-182. Disorderly conduct: Class C misdemeanor. (a) A person is guilty of disorderly conduct when, with intent to cause inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, such person: (1) Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening behavior; or (2) by offensive or disorderly conduct, annoys or interferes with another person; or (3) makes unreasonable noise; or (4) without lawful authority, disturbs any lawful assembly or meeting of persons; or (5) obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic; or (6) congregates with other persons in a public place and refuses to comply with a reasonable official request or order to disperse; or (7) commits simple trespass, as provided in section 53a-110a, and observes, in other than a casual or cursory manner, another person (A) without the knowledge or consent of such other person, (B) while such other person is inside a dwelling, as defined in section 53a-100, and not in plain view, and (C) under circumstances where such other person has a reasonable expectation of privacy. (b) Disorderly conduct is a class C misdemeanor. (1969, P.A. 828, S. 184; P.A. 01-83, S. 1.)

        Legally you can not tasor someone several times on the basis they refuse to get up and walk, and that's what they wanted and obviously tasored the kid several times for, sorry in Connecticut that's illegal and amounts to malicious use of force, i.e. assualt, reckless endangerment, and other charges. Any good lawyer would have a field day with this, their actions were excessive in my own opinion. And I bet you the State would seriously look into criminal charges against the Police Officers, their actions we not cool. And yes I would testify to it in court on behalf of the kid, if it was a setup well then the cops took the bait and should have known better, still no excuse for their excessive actions.
        Last edited by Marchetti, David, M; 01-25-2007, 02:45 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Black Caesar
          I believe it was a set up as well.

          The kid screams "Am I the only Martyr?" a couple of times. And now (after he dumped his 1st lawyer and decided not to pursue the racial profiling lawsuit) he's suing saying what happened to him is a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act lol. Can't decide what kind of "discrimination" he faced lol.
          His lawyers are trying in Federal court that's why, bigger money, should have sued in state court claiming unlawful assault, ect. Lawyer also should have requested a DOJ investigation via the federal police misconduct code. (18 U.S.C. §§ 241, 242). "Color of law" simply means that the person doing the act is using power given to him or her by a governmental agency (local, State, or Federal). A law enforcement officer acts "under color of law" even if he or she is exceeding his or her rightful power. The types of law enforcement misconduct covered by these laws include excessive force, sexual assault, intentional false arrests, or the intentional fabrication of evidence resulting in a loss of liberty to another. Enforcement of these provisions does not require that any racial, religious, or other discriminatory motive existed.

          (42 U.S.C. § 14141). The types of conduct covered by this law can include, among other things, excessive force, discriminatory harassment, false arrests, coercive sexual conduct, and unlawful stops, searches or arrests. In order to be covered by this law, the misconduct must constitute a "pattern or practice" -- it may not simply be an isolated incident. The DOJ must be able to show in court that the agency has an unlawful policy or that the incidents constituted a pattern of unlawful conduct. However, unlike the other civil laws discussed below, DOJ does not have to show that discrimination has occurred in order to prove a pattern or practice of misconduct.

          The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability. (42 U.S.C. § 12131, et seq. and 29 U.S.C. § 794). These laws protect all people with disabilities in the United States. An individual is considered to have a "disability" if he or she has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, has a record of such an impairment, or is regarded as having such an impairment.

          The ADA prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in all State and local government programs, services, and activities regardless of whether they receive DOJ financial assistance; it also protects people who are discriminated against because of their association with a person with a disability. Section 504 prohibits discrimination by State and local law enforcement agencies that receive financial assistance from DOJ. Section 504 also prohibits discrimination in programs and activities conducted by Federal agencies, including law enforcement agencies.

          These laws prohibit discriminatory treatment, including misconduct, on the basis of disability in virtually all law enforcement services and activities. These activities include, among others, interrogating witnesses, providing emergency services, enforcing laws, addressing citizen complaints, and arresting, booking, and holding suspects. These laws also prohibit retaliation for filing a complaint with DOJ or participating in the investigation.

          All this kid has to do is prove he falls under the ADA act and he's set and ready to go, meaning if he suffers from any ADA recognized medical problem he was protected by the act. Whatever the out come, do you know the average cost of fighting off a federal lawsuit? - huge bucks......

          Comment


          • #20
            Dave,

            I really think it's time you took a deep breath and started to think before you post.

            Comment


            • #21
              I have been offered a good paying job working Campus Security, with
              my contract Security Guard company
              I knew I would be dealing with spoiled rich kids whose Mommy and
              Daddy would back them up no matter what they did on Campus

              I'll stay at my Industrial Site with water leaking from roofs onto
              live 480 volt circuit breakers, rats in the buildings the size of
              Buicks, and bitter cold walking on patrols in winter, and
              broil in summer. Less pay, but I get to keep my sanity and dignity.
              http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Security Vet
                Dave,

                I really think it's time you took a deep breath and started to think before you post.
                I really think it's time you pull your head out of your ......, why on the basis I don't agree with your perspective, I do not support excesssive use of a tasor devise, or any force for that matter. I did not ask for nor sought your OPINION, as it means nothing to me. I don't know what clown trained you to be in this field but my training years ago was very clear in handling any incident involving use of force.

                ( Step One ) First use clear and precise communication to a suspect, make a determination if they are drug/ alcohol influenced, look for signs of mental defect in the person, are they stoned, retarded, perhaps took a prescribed drug that's having a negative effect on them, you should be looking for signs of the persons mental state before you take " authoritative " action that's just plain common sense. i.e. the guy stunned by police as he was just walking around harmless after he moved to an area and police were notified the fellow had a medical problem - walking seizures. Some of the perspectives on these boards make me wonder what type of so called professionals are protecting people and public, your lack luster limited mentality of police being so god like disgusts me and repulses me as a human being and American citizen.

                ( Step Two ) If you can not get cooporation by means communication, then limited force is authorized to effect an arrest, attempt to place the individuals arm behind his back and proceed with cuffing.

                ( Step Three ) If the suspect fights the arrest being made, apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are avalable sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied. With several officers you should not have too much problem cuffing a suspect unless you and your officers are wussies.

                ( Step Four ) If above steps fail, attempt to use mace or pepper spray on subject to gain compliance. Repeat apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are avalable sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied.

                ( Step Five ) If above steps fail, use tasor devise, stun suspect, apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are avalable sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied.

                ( Step Six ) If above steps fail, use night stick ( blunt trauma force ) on legs, arms, midsection, apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are available sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied.

                The minimal amount of force should always be used first, that's the law Junior. If you can not manage a suspect with tactical restraint holds, a nerve pinch, a leg sweep take down, mace/ pepper spray, or a nightstick and tasor and support from another officer to make an arrest you have no business carrying any badge. The actions of these police officers were excessive and a joke, I'd be ashamed to even be associated with them, and I would not want you as a back up officer by many means. But to keep tasoring someone on the basis they refuse to get up and walk is a criminal act by most standards anywhere.
                Last edited by Marchetti, David, M; 01-25-2007, 06:01 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I hope it was not a set-up, if so I would hate to have been the one to pull the short straw to get tased 8 times. And for the person who commented to tase and then cuff and drag out, or that it was just passive resistance. You can keep tasing after giving more commands and not having the person comply. One can still use force against a passive resistor, I have to do it all the time. Often times when making an arrest you have not searched the subject, or not a complete search so the subject can easily have a hidden weapon they are trying to grab for, or they are trying to pass time until friends or family come to try and aid the subject. I have seen it all. Also there were many other people in the library who could possibly make the situation more dangerous.

                  Too bad most people think that after a tase the subject can not move or is still in pain, which isn't true. For the most part people regain control of their body immediatly have the tase and would be able to easily follow the commands of the officer.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by locknid
                    I hope it was not a set-up, if so I would hate to have been the one to pull the short straw to get tased 8 times. And for the person who commented to tase and then cuff and drag out, or that it was just passive resistance. You can keep tasing after giving more commands and not having the person comply. One can still use force against a passive resistor, I have to do it all the time. Often times when making an arrest you have not searched the subject, or not a complete search so the subject can easily have a hidden weapon they are trying to grab for, or they are trying to pass time until friends or family come to try and aid the subject. I have seen it all. Also there were many other people in the library who could possibly make the situation more dangerous.

                    Too bad most people think that after a tase the subject can not move or is still in pain, which isn't true. For the most part people regain control of their body immediatly have the tase and would be able to easily follow the commands of the officer.
                    I agree they should have ended it ASAP, tasored the suspect, cuffed him, and removed him from the scene, it was in my perspective excessive.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Um whats a nerve pinch Is that like a pressure point?
                      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bigdog
                        Um whats a nerve pinch Is that like a pressure point?
                        You have to be a Vulcan.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_nerve_pinch

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I must be coming down with something. I agree with David in this situation!
                          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Marchetti, David, M
                            I really think it's time you pull your head out of your ......, why on the basis I don't agree with your perspective, I do not support excesssive use of a tasor devise, or any force for that matter. I did not ask for nor sought your OPINION, as it means nothing to me. I don't know what clown trained you to be in this field but my training years ago was very clear in handling any incident involving use of force.

                            ( Step One ) First use clear and precise communication to a suspect, make a determination if they are drug/ alcohol influenced, look for signs of mental defect in the person, are they stoned, retarded, perhaps took a prescribed drug that's having a negative effect on them, you should be looking for signs of the persons mental state before you take " authoritative " action that's just plain common sense. i.e. the guy stunned by police as he was just walking around harmless after he moved to an area and police were notified the fellow had a medical problem - walking seizures. Some of the perspectives on these boards make me wonder what type of so called professionals are protecting people and public, your lack luster limited mentality of police being so god like disgusts me and repulses me as a human being and American citizen.

                            ( Step Two ) If you can not get cooporation by means communication, then limited force is authorized to effect an arrest, attempt to place the individuals arm behind his back and proceed with cuffing.

                            ( Step Three ) If the suspect fights the arrest being made, apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are avalable sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied. With several officers you should not have too much problem cuffing a suspect unless you and your officers are wussies.

                            ( Step Four ) If above steps fail, attempt to use mace or pepper spray on subject to gain compliance. Repeat apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are avalable sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied.

                            ( Step Five ) If above steps fail, use tasor devise, stun suspect, apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are avalable sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied.

                            ( Step Six ) If above steps fail, use night stick ( blunt trauma force ) on legs, arms, midsection, apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are available sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied.

                            The minimal amount of force should always be used first, that's the law Junior. If you can not manage a suspect with tactical restraint holds, a nerve pinch, a leg sweep take down, mace/ pepper spray, or a nightstick and tasor and support from another officer to make an arrest you have no business carrying any badge. The actions of these police officers were excessive and a joke, I'd be ashamed to even be associated with them, and I would not want you as a back up officer by many means. But to keep tasoring someone on the basis they refuse to get up and walk is a criminal act by most standards anywhere.
                            While that may be your use of force policy. Most departments in Ca have a use of force policy that goes like this.

                            Verbal
                            Taser
                            Physical
                            OC
                            Baton
                            Firearm

                            This may just be a difference in localities or somethign but that is the use fo force policy that most departments i have worked with use.
                            Robert
                            Here endith the lesson

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Marchetti, David, M
                              I really think it's time you pull your head out of your ......, why on the basis I don't agree with your perspective, I do not support excesssive use of a tasor devise, or any force for that matter. I did not ask for nor sought your OPINION, as it means nothing to me. I don't know what clown trained you to be in this field but my training years ago was very clear in handling any incident involving use of force.

                              ( Step One ) First use clear and precise communication to a suspect, make a determination if they are drug/ alcohol influenced, look for signs of mental defect in the person, are they stoned, retarded, perhaps took a prescribed drug that's having a negative effect on them, you should be looking for signs of the persons mental state before you take " authoritative " action that's just plain common sense. i.e. the guy stunned by police as he was just walking around harmless after he moved to an area and police were notified the fellow had a medical problem - walking seizures. Some of the perspectives on these boards make me wonder what type of so called professionals are protecting people and public, your lack luster limited mentality of police being so god like disgusts me and repulses me as a human being and American citizen.

                              ( Step Two ) If you can not get cooporation by means communication, then limited force is authorized to effect an arrest, attempt to place the individuals arm behind his back and proceed with cuffing.

                              ( Step Three ) If the suspect fights the arrest being made, apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are avalable sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied. With several officers you should not have too much problem cuffing a suspect unless you and your officers are wussies.

                              ( Step Four ) If above steps fail, attempt to use mace or pepper spray on subject to gain compliance. Repeat apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are avalable sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied.

                              ( Step Five ) If above steps fail, use tasor devise, stun suspect, apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are avalable sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied.

                              ( Step Six ) If above steps fail, use night stick ( blunt trauma force ) on legs, arms, midsection, apply a tactical restraint hold and apply a nerve pinch. If either fail or additional officers are available sweep the suspects legs, get them down, and apply a tactical restraint so cuffs can be applied.

                              The minimal amount of force should always be used first, that's the law Junior. If you can not manage a suspect with tactical restraint holds, a nerve pinch, a leg sweep take down, mace/ pepper spray, or a nightstick and tasor and support from another officer to make an arrest you have no business carrying any badge. The actions of these police officers were excessive and a joke, I'd be ashamed to even be associated with them, and I would not want you as a back up officer by many means. But to keep tasoring someone on the basis they refuse to get up and walk is a criminal act by most standards anywhere.

                              You forgot step 7, where you shoot them in the leg (and spend 20 years on vacation, courtesy of the Federal Bureau of Prisons)......

                              I would pay money to see you use some of your Kung Fu on someone. $20 for you if any of it actually works lol. Leg Sweeps lol, that one is priceless.

                              By the way, "Blunt Trauma Force" (sounds like a kids cartoon, like Power Rangers)? I laughed hard when I read that. "Blunt Force Trauma" is a medical diagnosis, it doesn't describe what happens when you hit someone with a baton, unless that Baton causes internal injuries, which would then be diagnosed as BFT.....

                              Don't use big words if you don't know what they mean.....
                              ~Black Caesar~
                              Corbier's Commandos

                              " "The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." ~Margaret Thatcher

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Guys, the key thing here is escalation/deescalation. When you use any type of force, you must back off as soon as compliance is acchieved, then escalate if resistance is once again the case.
                                Murphy was an optomist.

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X