O.C. / Mace what brand works best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.C. / Mace what brand works best

I carry and use FOX, it works good and has stopped many assults and fights. what do you carry or do you know of a brand that works as good or better then FOX?
    SGT. WARD

I've always carried Aerko Freeze +P. Never had any problems with it. Works very well in my opinion.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

I carry Sabre red. while I dont know if its better than FOX, it does have a higher capsaicinoid content. Sabre has 1.25% capsicinoids VS FOX's .66% capsaicinoids. FYI the higher the capsaicin percentage the more heat and inflammation the spray creates. ALso Sabre red has a GUarunteed heat level.
      Last edited by bigdog; 02-28-2007, 05:38 AM.
      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

And everything else you could ever want to know!

Theres another thread that I and many others have dedicated to torchering ourselves when it comes to OC..

O.C. Review

Click this, and read away! I didnt spen dmy time making my people misreable for nothing!
        Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by Mall Director
          Theres another thread that I and many others have dedicated to torchering ourselves when it comes to OC..

O.C. Review

Click this, and read away! I didnt spen dmy time making my people misreable for nothing!
          Mall Director IS the best consultant on this topic. No need to reinvent the wheel here. BTW, any kind works on me. Just pull it out and I surrender.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Freeze+P for me. The stuff just kills me. It is what the local cops carry and they all seem to like it.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the O.C. reviews. This is one of those topics that I think is important do to the fact that I would be using O.C. before I would use anything else depending on the incident. Have used FOX spray for about 5 years now after I observed a deputy spray the hell out of a combative drunk, and the spray made the guy puke and scream for about 25 Min. I was told because FOX has 5.3 Million SHU's that the stuff was hotter then most brands out there.

Now I would love to try some of Defensive Tech spray, but I can't find the stuff here in Columbus. might have to order it.
              SGT. WARD

Comment

Regarding the comment on 5.3 million SHUs being hotter than most sprays. There is a big misconception that if there is High SHu numbers on the bottle it must be super hot.True those numbers seem important but the information below comes stright from Zarc the makers of capstun regarding SHUs.

SHU Scoville Heat Units
                Laboratory Testing for Heat of Capsicum Peppers
                A misconception exists that the heat of a pepper spray is best demonstrated through Scoville Heat Units (SHU). SHU testing is none other than "tongue" tasting of the OC by a panel of 5 individuals. SHU therefore depends on the subjective taste experience of the panel. The SHU test is not accurate since it depends on the individual taste sensitivity which changes from person to person and does not measure the actual chemical percentage within the product. SHU test is an appropriate test for the food spice community, however it cannot serve as the standard for OC weaponry, where an officer depends on the OC's consistent and reliable performance.Therefore, to scientifically measure the amount of Capsaicin within OC sprays, High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)* is used to obtain exact and accurate machine data. HPLC provides an acceptable international guideline for testing the Capsaicin amount by the scientific community.
                "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by CorpSec
                  Freeze+P for me. The stuff just kills me. It is what the local cops carry and they all seem to like it.
                  Ditto. I carry the stuff all the time. We used at the prison and I know it works.
                  Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Cool thanks for the info.
                    SGT. WARD

Comment

I also use 17% no name OC 2.5 oz Here is what worries me most about the OC. Have you ever watched a cat stalking pray? All is still except the end of his tail. Well I must be part cat cause when I watching someone of interest I tend to fidget with the groves on the back of my Glock.

Well my brain seems to have switched gears to the OC and I found that I had flipped the spray button off lock and was fidgeting with the button. Not much scares me but that little container set off in a busy room scares the crap out of me.
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky
                        I also use 17% no name OC 2.5 oz Here is what worries me most about the OC. Have you ever watched a cat stalking pray? All is still except the end of his tail. Well I must be part cat cause when I watching someone of interest I tend to fidget with the groves on the back of my Glock.

Well my brain seems to have switched gears to the OC and I found that I had flipped the spray button off lock and was fidgeting with the button. Not much scares me but that little container set off in a busy room scares the crap out of me.
                        17%? Does it happen to work really effectively? A lot of the no-name stuff uses brake cleaner (basically) as carrier. You could probably save some money and just spray brake cleaner in their eyes. Seriously.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

You know whats really scary????

Alot of these no name brands are manufactored in China, Tiawan and Korea. You look further into what they use for solutions to break down the capsicumnoid, and its Acetone. Thats the same stuff I use to tear the paint off of my cars. It also leaves a "cold" sensation on your skin after it dries out.

I really wouldnt want to get caught using that stuff, in court. They say that such a small amount is used in production, that the chances of permanant harm is minimal.. Why not go with the stuff that has "No chance"? LOL!
                          Deputy Sheriff

Comment

At 17% and two million S.H.U., our Street Wise pepper spray is the hottest, most powerful in the world!

The potency of this spray enables it to bring down even the most aggressive assailants. All of our pepper sprays are two million S.H.U., which is the highest available.

Pepper spray enables you to defend yourself while keeping a safe distance from an attacker. A one second burst to the face will cause temporary blindness, choking, coughing, and nausea-bringing the attacker to his knees. The active ingredient in our spray is Oleoresin Capsicum (O.C.), commonly referred to as red pepper. When considering which pepper spray is most effective, one must consider the percentage of pepper being used and the heat rating of that pepper (measured in Scoville Heat Units or S.H.U.).

This model contains two full ounces but is small enough to be concealed in the palm of your hand or to slip inside your pocket. It can also be carried in a holster (purchased separately).
                            The container has made in USA on it.

On the container it also says use only on drum brakes not disk. And do not use on Tacos. (Well maybe I made that part up
                            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                            http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Streetwise? Read the tail end of the OC thread that Mall Director created. That stuff can be used on drum and disc brakes, because it IS brake cleaner.

BTW, the can of 16,000,000 SHU Vexor in front of my monitor is the "hottest OC on the face of the earth," except its C and not OC.
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X