Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The firearms you carry as a Security Officer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonzo1510
    I would recommend you go to gunbroker.com
    I've learned alot about firearms from the site. Do you read American Handgunner or American Cop ? Both good reads check em out if you get the chance....
    Gunbroker.com- Been there, done that

Re: the magazines...I don't read AH, but lump AC in with that APB magazine, that "Police- The LE Magazine", and that tactical response one (Can't remember the name sorry). I used to get them all, either for free from work, for free because I filled out a card, with a membership of some kind, or through the APOA. Good reads in the blue room, but not really informative.

If I want to know about something, I'll talk with someone about it, or try it. Case in point: I'm going shooting this weekend, somewhere. I fully intend to put the Sabers through their paces. Thanks again for mentioning them, I guess they deserve a second look.

Lawson, text me again on Friday, I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by ocp
      So what type do you carry or like?, and what do think of the training classes that you have to go through to carry it?
      I started off with a S&W M586 revolver, but I wasn't anywhere near as accurate as I am (and have been since age 10) with a M1911-A1, so it's what I carry 95% of the time, a Springfield Armory USGI parkerized one [well, just see my avatar that's the one] in .45ACP. The other pistol I carry the other 5% of the time is a CZAK/P-64 in 9x18mm Makarov, which doesn't have the weight of the .45 but gets the job done, especially in a field where an S/Os duty weapon isn't to enforce law anyhow but as a last resort. More punch than a .380 and just a bit under the .9mm Parabellum. Of course I prefer to carry Sally (my M1911), but sometimes I want the smaller and lighter P-64.

As for training classes, well you can't carry unless you complete the 38hrs of LVIII for certification anyhow. I'm also certified with the STG/Shotgun and the Carbine, though I rarely get to field with either.

Comment

Originally posted by Special Investigator
        If you shoot someone with a .45, you may get prosacuted because they look at a .45 as a "killing" caliber while a 9mm is looked at as a "wounding" caliber. Yea, I know it is silly but thats how it is viewed by some prosacutors in Wisconsin.
        Ok, 'they' look at the .45 as a 'killing' caliber, so how do 'they' look the assualt rifle...........err Patrol Rifle, with the extended magazine, and red dot type sight? Would the DA's in Wi only see the caliber of the weapon (5.56) and think to themselves, "Well, at least it's not above a 9mm..." ???

I would thinik .45ACP would be the largest caliber allowed. I shudder to think how many s/o's. or newbie LE's, have tried to bring a Desert Eagle .50 to the range to qualify. The .45ACP is a common LE round, not VERY common but common enough.

As far as the 'wounding' comment, I will just say that anyone who shoots someone to 'wound' another, or has that mind set, has seen Lethal Weapon one tooooo many times.

Your only shooting to stop the threat.
        ~Super Ninja Sniper~
        Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
          If I want to know about something, I'll talk with someone about it, or try it. Case in point: I'm going shooting this weekend, somewhere. I fully intend to put the Sabers through their paces. Thanks again for mentioning them, I guess they deserve a second look.
          How did the Saber hold up? Been thinking of switching to them or the IQ Ammo.
          ~Super Ninja Sniper~
          Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne
            How did the Saber hold up? Been thinking of switching to them or the IQ Ammo.
            I honestly didn't notice any difference between them and the Hydrashoks.

Comment

Thanks I have been curious about them...
              ~Super Ninja Sniper~
              Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

Sig Sauer P229 .40 caliber
                "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Super Soaker 500!

No, seriously, we're unarmed here at this wonderfull hospital but I do have a MN carry permit and I carry a Glock 23, although I can't remember the last time I actually carried it, it's just nice to know that I can if I feel the need.
                  Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

I carry a Glock 22 .40 Cal.

and while on patrol have a Ruger "Police" Carbine (PC4) in .40 Cal. rifle mounted in the vehicle.

(similar to this one)
                    We are not allowed to carry shotguns here in Cali. We can carry the Ruger because it is a "Pistol" caliber. The rifle has a "combat" sling, double mag. pouch gun-light and we also have Aimpoint red-dot sights but we don't carry those because they wont fit in the gun mount.

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
                      I miss Michigan and being able to carry my .40 Here it's just a .38 hearing rumors that if we purchasea 9mm and pay for the qual we can carry it but nothing firm on it yet. I know there is another G4S/TWC officer on here from FL...What are you hearing?
                      Is your hospital security armed? If so, which hospital?
                      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

We have one armed officer that works 40 hours a week. Thursday thru Monday 1800-0200. This just started at the begining of the year. He is assigned to the ER and is supposed to stay there.

Bad thing is he doesn't fall under our chain of command. I can't tell him what to do although he works on my shift. If falls directly under the branch office and he takes instruction from the ER Coordinator. Sometimes he will come all the way over to the other side of the hospital while I am dealing with something and exasparate the situation. Stress me out lol

We work for G4S/TWC.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X