Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The firearms you carry as a Security Officer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Special Investigator
    Did you ask 'em about this? I know this to be a fact in Jefferson County.
    I didn't ask them, because I wasn't concerned about that. I can see a county doing something like that, so I didn't bother to look into it. My main concern was the whole 9mm vs. 45cal intent issue.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
      How do you like those Sabers? I carry the current incarnation of Federal Hydrashoks (personal defense or something) in my carry guns, and my wife carries them interspersed with Safety Slugs in hers.
      I like the sabers but I do have to say that I have only recently switched to the .40 from the 9mm so I haven't compared them to other brands in .40.

I know that the FBI issues them in .45 ACP to their SRT guys with the Springfield Operator 1911 so they can't be all that bad.

I have carried the Hydrashok in 9mm and think they are a fine choice especially for duty carry or CCW. As far as the safety slugs, I'm not too familiar with them. I know what they are but I haven't read up on them since I figured they were an outdoor round for small game, not a defensive round.

I'm sure you've heard this already but go to the websites of all the ammo makers and read up on their products, see which one best suits both your needs and budget.
      The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo1510
        I like the sabers but I do have to say that I have only recently switched to the .40 from the 9mm so I haven't compared them to other brands in .40.
        I know that the FBI issues them in .45 ACP to their SRT guys with the Springfield Operator 1911 so they can't be all that bad.
        I have carried the Hydrashok in 9mm and think they are a fine choice especially for duty carry or CCW. As far as the safety slugs, I'm not too familiar with them. I know what they are but I haven't read up on them since I figured they were an outdoor round for small game, not a defensive round.
        I'm sure you've heard this already but go to the websites of all the ammo makers and read up on their products, see which one best suits both your needs and budget.
        Yeah, I thought I've shot just about everything but the Sabers were something I hadn't tried, figuring they were basically Hydrashoks with a different name.

Safety slugs are a defensive round, I think if you shot some sort of small game with one the animal would just blow up

http://www.dakotaammo.net/products/glaser/glaser.htm

I don't really trust the differing manu websites and reviews, I shoot what I'm interested in. If I see it in a shop or something, I'll try it out and form my own opinions.

I have a long history of driving 1 inch dowel rods into large pumpkins (to simulate bones in a body) and shooting them with all sorts of things, that's how I decided on the ammo I carry (and what the wife carries).

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
          I find it funny that among the half-dozen or so city/county attorneys I spoke with to verify this before, NONE of them ever heard of such a thing. Tell me what county I should call to backup your statement.
          OK, call the Milwaukee County DA's office. I spoke to the owner of the 'defunked' company who's employee was charged and convicted for shooting someone with a .45 a few years ago. The DA deemed using a .45 was excessive force. Milwaukee County operates under its own rules and does nor reflect what other communities do. Be advised Milwaukee County has a new DA there.

Let us know what you find out.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

OK, call the Milwaukee County DA's office. I spoke to the owner of the 'defunked' company who's employee was charged and convicted for shooting someone with a .45 a few years ago. The DA deemed using a .45 was excessive force. Milwaukee County operates under its own rules and does nor reflect what other communities do. Be advised Milwaukee County has a new DA there.

Let us know what you find out.
            Not necessary... I'm confident with my findings. It's your turn to do the leg work this time if you want to try and prove this theory all over again. Unless you can offer some sort of supporting documentation (news story, case number/court filing number, name of said company, etc.) I will just assume you don't have the full story or it's a total fabrication.
            Last edited by davis002; 02-07-2007, 03:10 AM.
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
              Not necessary... I'm confident with my findings. It's your turn to do the leg work this time if you want to try and prove this theory all over again. Unless you can offer some sort of supporting documentation (news story, case number/court filing number, name of said company, etc.) I will just assume you don't have the full story or it's a total fabrication.
              I'm not doing any research. I know for a fact it is true. If you don't want to believe it, then don't. You claimed to of made some calls, then make one more. Every county enforces differently. This is only enforced in Milwaukee County as far as I know. Security companies in Milwaukee are pretty much forced to carry only 9mm. Dems are da facts, believe it or not.
              Last edited by Special Investigator; 02-07-2007, 02:44 PM.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

I know for a fact it is true.
                Heard that before

Comment

Well.....make that call to Milwaukee and find out for yourself....Mr know-it-all.

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Well.....make that call to Milwaukee and find out for yourself....Mr know-it-all.
                    Like I said... that's your job. No more of this "I heard from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy". I expect far more out of a "Special Investigator". If you can give me something to go on like I asked (name of the"defunct" company, court filing number, etc.) then perhaps I will make the call. Until then, you can keep fabricating these tall tales. If you can't provide anything to support this new fairy tale, I will just assume it is just that...

Comment

Believe what you want to believe. I know its true.

If I come across a case #, etc., I let ya know.

The company the person was employed with was 'Milwaukee Metro Public Safety'.

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Believe what you want to believe. I know its true.
                        I heard the same thing in regards to Jefferson County. Don't take any of this personal because that is not my intention, but one of two things is happening here.

A. You are taking what people are telling you too seriously and believing every word that comes out of their mouth, or

B. You are making this stuff up as you go along.

Me personally, I don't know. I do know that multiple members of this forum firmly feel you are going with option B. I really want to believe some of these stories you tell, but when I fact check them it only comes back that you are "batting 1000".

Why am I so hard on you? It's because myself and several other members have found that 90% of the stories you have told are just that... stories.

I already expect a response that will read something like... "Believe what you want to... I know it's all true... Stop picking on me... etc etc etc."

Comment

Amazing what turns up when you google that. No wonder the advisory council was disbanded, they were thinking of requiring an associates degree to have a security license, or a Certified Protection Officer certificate from IFPO, plus CPS for Supervisory personnel.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

In new orleans, I carried the Springfield xd-40 5 inch. When I came back to michigan, I carried the same for the past year. I am switching to a new Security company Saturday, and will be carrying a S&W .38 revolver as mandated by the employer under a federal contract.

Comment

I miss Michigan and being able to carry my .40 Here it's just a .38 hearing rumors that if we purchasea 9mm and pay for the qual we can carry it but nothing firm on it yet. I know there is another G4S/TWC officer on here from FL...What are you hearing?

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                                Yeah, I thought I've shot just about everything but the Sabers were something I hadn't tried, figuring they were basically Hydrashoks with a different name.

Safety slugs are a defensive round, I think if you shot some sort of small game with one the animal would just blow up

http://www.dakotaammo.net/products/glaser/glaser.htm

I don't really trust the differing manu websites and reviews, I shoot what I'm interested in. If I see it in a shop or something, I'll try it out and form my own opinions.

I have a long history of driving 1 inch dowel rods into large pumpkins (to simulate bones in a body) and shooting them with all sorts of things, that's how I decided on the ammo I carry (and what the wife carries).

I would recommend you go to gunbroker.com
                                I've learned alot about firearms from the site. Do you read American Handgunner or American Cop ? Both good reads check em out if you get the chance....
                                The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X