Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The firearms you carry as a Security Officer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the S&W model 99 in the 40cal. though a good firearm I should of bought the Walther 99. the Walther cost a bit more, but if 007 is using it it must be good...ha ha
    SGT. WARD

Comment

Originally posted by ocp
      I had the S&W model 99 in the 40cal. though a good firearm I should of bought the Walther 99. the Walther cost a bit more, but if 007 is using it it must be good...ha ha
      LOL!

Well, that wasn't the reason for my choice... (I actually didn't see that new 007 movie until after I had already purchased my gun)
      I tried the SW99 first.. Compared side-by-side, the SW felt a lot more barrel-heavy... Always felt like I had to PULL it up into the ready position to shoot it... The Walther is a lot more balanced, easier to use... IMHO, of course.

Yea, it wasn't the cheapest gun available... Although the USP still topped the price charts at the gun shop I go through.. Including the cost of the extra mags, I paid a total of $600 for mine... But I felt, (and still feel), it was money well spent.
      Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
      Originally posted by ValleyOne
      BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
      Shoulda called in sick.
      Be safe!

Comment

$600 is not bad for the package, Walther is one of those brands you can not go wrong with, hell the PPK still goes for $500. the SW99 is a budget Walther for departments going with the lowest bidder. still a good weapon, barrel heavy yes.

The USP's are over priced if you ask me, I bought a used USP 9MM a few years ago. It was in good shape with not to many rounds through it. I paid $450 for it used. One thing I disliked about it was the grip was very wide, and holsters were hard to find and high priced. if you like large handguns this is good or if bigfoot started armed security work. Newer HK's are smaller or slimmer, but for $700 to $800 bucks they are a little rich for my blood. If I ever get into covert undercover airborne top secret security guard warfare, I will get the HK mark 23 with the screw on silencer. lol
        Last edited by ocp; 01-26-2007, 07:09 AM.
        SGT. WARD

Comment

LOL!

I hear ya there! Although the holster for my P99 was comparable... Mike's Pro-3 holster for mine is actually the SAME holster that the USP uses.. (Size 30 by their standards).. Ran me about $80 alone, if I'm remembering correctly. Add that to my 'expensive' taste in gear, (aside from the holster, I wear strictly the Bianchi Accumold), and my entire rig cost me a pretty penny.. LOL
          BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
          Shoulda called in sick.
          Be safe!

Comment

I found the Accumold holsters last longer then the Uncle Mikes, my gear is also Accumold. I do have a set of the shinny stuff for dress up, but it is just to heavy. I paid around $70 for the Accumold holster made for my XD.

The gun store here close to me sells mostly (in nylon) Uncle Mikes. So most the fellow Officers I work with use it. but here in the last month the gun store here looks like it threw up Black Hawk gear, they carry tons of there stuff. I did find A website that sold a bunch of P99 gear, I will have to find that again for you.

Do you like your weapons in an all black finnish, two tone, or all stainless. anybody?
            Last edited by ocp; 01-26-2007, 05:17 PM.
            SGT. WARD

Comment

I normally prefer all black, myself... But when the guy at the store showed me the OD green one I had to get it... Not only was it just plain cool, but it matched my uniforms at the time... lol
              Shoulda called in sick.
              Be safe!

Comment

a super soaker xj 9000 with laser sighting
                (User was reported for this post)

Comment

When I worked armed it was a company issued Beretta 96 D (double action only) WHAT A WHEEL CHOCK !!!
                  Now im certified with a 40 cal Sig Sauer P229

Comment

We are issued the Glock 19c 9mm with night sights. I have no say in what we are issued. The ammo is Winchester +p+ Hollow point 115 grain. We are issued nylon duty belt and holster is weapon retention model. I never have cared much for 9mm but then again I don't feel like I am poorly armed with one. I can't remember the brand name of the duty gear but it is light and quite and top notch equipment.

Comment

Sidearm: Glock 17, 9mm (9mm wins in court)

Patrol Rifle: Armalite M-15A2-M4 flat-top, 5.56mm

Shotgun: Remington 870 Magnum .12 ga (Bottom)
                      Last edited by Special Investigator; 01-27-2007, 10:38 PM.
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Originally posted by ocp
                        Even us Secuirty have to understand that your firearm is an investment, your life could depend on the weapon you carry.
                        One problem that I see is that in Wisconsin, if you are forced to shoot someone, your firearm will be taken away and you will not get it back, even if it is a good, justifiable shooting. This often forces SO's in my area to carry a cheap, often sub-standard sidearm. Nobody wants to loose a $700 weapon.

Same goes with the caliber choice. The caliber you choose is looked at by prosacutors in WI on your "intentions" of killing or wounding a person.

Example: 9mm vs .45

If you shoot someone with a .45, you may get prosacuted because they look at a .45 as a "killing" caliber while a 9mm is looked at as a "wounding" caliber. Yea, I know it is silly but thats how it is viewed by some prosacutors in Wisconsin.
                        Last edited by Special Investigator; 01-27-2007, 08:25 PM.
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Special Investigator
                          Same goes with the caliber choice. The caliber you choose is looked at by prosacutors in WI on your "intentions" of killing or wounding a person.

Example: 9mm vs .45

If you shoot someone with a .45, you may get prosacuted because they look at a .45 as a "killing" caliber while a 9mm is looked at as a "wounding" caliber. Yea, I know it is silly but thats how it is viewed by some prosacutors in Wisconsin.
                          Again with this... I find it funny that among the half-dozen or so city/county attorneys I spoke with to verify this before, NONE of them ever heard of such a thing. Tell me what county I should call to backup your statement.
                          "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
                            Again with this... I find it funny that among the half-dozen or so city/county attorneys I spoke with to verify this before, NONE of them ever heard of such a thing. Tell me what county I should call to backup your statement.
                            Do you "verify" everything on this board? You the official Verifier?

You spoke to no one or didn't talk to the right person such as the actual District Attorney him/herself. Try calling Jefferson County. While your at it, ask him if they arrest armed security guards. They do not allow "armed" security in that county except for armored car personal.

Don't believe it, too bad. Go ahead and go armed in that county and see how far you get before they arrest you. Use a .45 when/if you shoot someone and watch yourself get into hot water using a large caliber like that. I've seen security personal get into trouble using large caliber weapons. This is Wisconsin, not Texas.

~~George Orwell.

Comment

I'll give Jefferson County a call on Monday... thanks.
                              "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

We have a officer who lived in Jefferson County who was arrested on a couple occasions for "going armed" as he drove to & from work assignments. In the end they did not prosacute him because the DA knew he couldn't win the case but it took several months to get his sidearm back. Until a case actually get into a court, they will still arrest SO's for going armed even though the State of Wisconsin laws and DRL regulations say SO's can go armed, even to and from work.

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X