Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The firearms you carry as a Security Officer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The firearms you carry as a Security Officer.

I have seen many Officers carry all kinds of firearms. from cheap throw aways to higher end models. right now I carry a Springfield XD-40 4 inch service model, but in the past I have carried Ruger, S&W, Glock, and SIG. I have re-certified with my XD 4 times now and love it (no problems or malfuctions) I also have in the patrol vehicle a Remington 870 loaded with bean bags. the shotgun certification was only a 10 hour class.

So what type do you carry or like?, and what do think of the training classes that you have to go through to carry it?
    SGT. WARD

Beretta Model 96 .40cal. I feed her Winchester SXT's. As far as back up? Well sorry that's a secret...
    ~Super Ninja Sniper~
    Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Well, since it looks like I may be going back to armed patrol again here soon, I'll throw mine in..

Walther P99, with the OD green frame.. 9mm
      Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
      Originally posted by ValleyOne
      BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
      Shoulda called in sick.
      Be safe!

Comment

None allowed.
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Glock 22 w/ Federal Premium HST.
          "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Glock 22 with HydraShoks.

No backups allowed but I have my Emerson combat karambit folder on my pocket and another small knife somewhere else.

Comment

Glock 22 and Glock 23 both 40 cal.
              THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
              THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
              http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Its nice to know that no High Points, Jennings, or Lamas have been listed so fare. Ruger is about the lowest I would go in an emergency. Even us Secuirty have to understand that your firearm is an investment, your life could depend on the weapon you carry. The Officers on this forum have stated that they carry Glocks, Walthers, and other high quality guns. I think this is good. If you are getting into the armed part of Security work for the first time, take the time and money and purchase something that is worth it. don't go cheap.

Now I am not saying the above listed weapons such as High Point are bad, I just think that your local Police Departments carry the sidearms they have for a reason and you should use that as a guide when you purchase your firearm. you don't see any Police Offiers with a High Point sticking out of their holster do you?

Ruger pistols are good I never had a problem with them, the only thing was how heavy and bulky they are compared to my XD or Glock. I know a Deputy up north of here that has carried a P-89 9MM for the last 12 years. Rugers are great if you need to get a firearm for work quick and you are on a budget, the gun store close to me has ruger sales all the time and sold P-95's for $300 and the new P-345 for $375.

Glocks are great I have an older 19 that I bought new about 5 years ago, at first the grip was a bit weird but after putting hundreds of rounds through it thats no longer an issue. never had any malfuctions with this one.

Springfield XD's are also great, a bit cheaper then Glocks I paid around $490 for mine. the XD's was put through the same testing that the Glock is known for but the XD test was shot 100,000 times over a 3 day period and thrown off a cliff without any malfucntions, they also did the same testing like putting it in mud, sand, and water. there is 3 local city departments here that carry the XD's.

The Columbus Police Department, Columbus is where I do most of my patrol work, now carry the S&W M&P 40cal. they went from the 5906 to this new model this year. I have heard both good and bad about this firearm but that is due to the firearm being new. I am thinking about buying one here soon, the gun store here sells them for aound $420. the only S&W I have owned was the model 99 co-op with Walther, great gun should of never sold it.

Ammo wise check out the Hordeny(spelling?) TAP self defense ammo. I think it ranks right up there with hydroshock, gold dots, or SXT.
                Last edited by ocp; 01-25-2007, 07:24 AM.
                SGT. WARD

Comment

I carry a Glock 19 (9mm) with hollow point and night sights. I love this gun as it is big enough for duty but small enough for ccw.
                  Robert
                  Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by ocp
                    ...the only S&W I have owned was the model 99 co-op with Walther, great gun should of never sold it...
                    Curious: Did you have the SW99 (S&W) or the P99 (Walther)? They are a co-op project, but there are some distinct differences that swayed me to the Walther over the S&W... Curious which one you had, and if you tried the other first.

//hijack. Heh.
                    Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                    Originally posted by ValleyOne
                    BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                    Shoulda called in sick.
                    Be safe!

Comment

I recently switched. I carried a SIG P220 for about 12 years. Great gun that currently resides in my nightstand. I now carry an XD .45ACP 5". Also a great gun. The reason for the change is mainly that the finish on the SIG is very worn and it will soon be sent out to be refinnished. I am as yet unsure whether or not I will switch back once the SIG is refinished.

I also carried a S&W model 10 for about a year on a federal contract job that required a .38.
                      "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

When I was an LEO and working in uniform I carried a SW model 59, a Walther PPK and , at times, a bulldog 44.
                        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I carry none, just handcuffs and a 25 inch semi-rigid baton.

Legal regulations allow armed s/o´s to carry a .38 with a 4'' barrel, private bodyguards, a 9 mm. pistol and one 12 gauge shotgun for the armored trucks crew.

Comment

When I'm on the border working a SIG P220 among other things. Never had a problem shoots straight and every time. Never a malfunction. Have been looking at the XD though have heard praises.

Comment

My primary is an IMI BabyEagle in .45ACP.
                              I also have a .25ACP available.

As for what LEOs carry it is often what the department issued from a bid upon contract.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X