Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tlangsr
    replied
    Why do we all bicker? We get crapped on by our employers/clients enough as it is.

On a personal note, If it wasn't for my LE experience I wouldn't be half as good at my job as i am now
    Last edited by tlangsr; 02-27-2007, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by kingsman
    People might find this training a bit useful...

http://www.saferesponse.com/
    If you go to this site, turn down your volume. Otherwise you will be blasted away by techno...

Leave a comment:

• kingsman
    replied
    People might find this training a bit useful...

http://www.saferesponse.com/

Leave a comment:

• Marchetti, David, M
    replied
    Originally posted by wilrobnson
    Use your "ignore" function. I do.
    Same here now :O)

Leave a comment:

• Marchetti, David, M
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Click the person that you want to ignore's name in the post, next to their avatar. Select "View Public Profile" On the profile page, select "Add this User to your Ignore List." You will no longer see their posts, just "You have chosen to ignore this poster's posts." You will see their quotes in other people's posts, though.
    Corbier Thank you very much I was unaware that this did have an actual ignore feature - sweet. Now myself and some others whom I have spoke with know what to do in handling some of the egos on here :O)

Leave a comment:

• Marchetti, David, M
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    I'm leaning towards agreeing with David again. I am not a Police Officer, I do not want to be a Police Officer, I see the 2 professions being somewhat similar but different enough that there should be 2 forums. One for Police, one for Security. I have never read Officer.com because I am not a Police Officer. I'm surprised that a Police Officer would post here.
    Thank you Hotel Security you got my position.
    Last edited by Marchetti, David, M; 02-07-2007, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Black Caesar
    replied
    Yes, you have to manually ignore those, by not reading them.

My ignore list is long and distinguished.

I was on there once as well.

YES, now I don't feel so bad. I once ran for class president in High School....and voted against myself. I like to think by accident, but it could have been subconcious .

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    You will see their quotes in other people's posts, though.
    Yes, you have to manually ignore those, by not reading them.

My ignore list is long and distinguished.

I was on there once as well.

Leave a comment:

• Black Caesar
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Actually, there are more similarities with your job than with other police work. Campus police often handle security functions and probably are the closest to actual security operations.

However, most police officers are not involved in setting/monitoring fire panels, handling other facility functions such as access control, plumbing/HVAC problems and the like. That doesn’t mean that we can't learn from each other.
    When I worked in private seucrity, I never did anything other than security, though I did know one guy who had a job like that for an aprtment complex.

That aside, while "Field" police are the majority, there are WAY more security and special service police than people realize. Large chunks of Federal LEOs are security police. And on the state level you've got Constables, Marshals, City Sheriffs, Park Rangers, Hospital Police, University/College Police, Airport Police, Railroad Police, Transit police, Port and Water Authority/District Police and various "Armed Public Security" organizatiuons (like the City of Dallas Security Department, the then Public Security Forces of the Texas Adjutant General's Office). You even find weird police forces like the Texas Southwestern Cattle Rancher's Association Special Rangers

TSCRA Special Rangers page, just interesting reading

Heck, just like at our list here: Who are Texas Peace officers . Most of the types of officer's on that list aren't what more people would think of when they think "police". Somehow, there are no TV shows about being an investigators with the Texas Board of Dental Examiners LOL.

The Truth is, Law Enforcement is a really diverse filed, like Security, and there is PLENTY of overlap. When I was a (Reserve) City cop, most of my time was spent doing the same thing I did as a Security Officer......patrolling for trouble. I just had different options to excercise when i found that trouble.
    Last edited by Black Caesar; 02-07-2007, 01:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Sweet! Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by ValleyOne
    Huh? Could you ellucidate?
    Click the person that you want to ignore's name in the post, next to their avatar.

Select "View Public Profile"

On the profile page, select "Add this User to your Ignore List."

You will no longer see their posts, just "You have chosen to ignore this poster's posts."

You will see their quotes in other people's posts, though.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Huh? Could you ellucidate?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ValleyOne
    SIMPLE SOLUTION: Don't wanna read a post from a cop then don't read it. I TRY very hard to do the same with stuf Marchetti.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    OK, let us step back or sit back for a second, take a deep breath.
    Police are armed social workers. Public function.
    Security are either armed or unarmed social workers. Private function.
    It is acknowledged, since 9/11 things have become murky.
    We all work for the common good, the specialties may have similar training and functions, the scope of jurisdiction and authority differ.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• T202
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Actually, there are more similarities with your job than with other police work. Campus police often handle security functions and probably are the closest to actual security operations.

However, most police officers are not involved in setting/monitoring fire panels, handling other facility functions such as access control, plumbing/HVAC problems and the like. That doesn’t mean that we can't learn form each other.
    The difference between my now security job to my past police job is just what you mentioned. Monitoring cameras, fire suppression, testing alarm systems, and checking fire extinguishers.
    Past experience does come in handy with theft investigations, drug use and domestic situations.
    Last edited by T202; 02-06-2007, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X