No announcement yet.

Approved lights???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iam in canada for my mothers funeral. she was run over by a 96 year old monster truck

Comment

Time for you to go.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant
        Time for you to go.
        Don't forget to hit report! Or fire off an email to Geoff. I take liberties in protecting my side from spam and horror, but I don't think I can just up and start deleting the idiot's posts.

What say you, countrymen?
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Email sent
          Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
          Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Ditto!
            Bill

Comment

handled with the ban stick.

Comment

Ok so work has had me busy and I know Geoff already banned him......BUT I just wanna know......what model EXACTLY is a 96 yo Monster Truck???? Dem Dere rednecks been havin them rallies longer then my yankee butt has known!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SIW Editor
                  handled with the ban stick.
                  No offense, but have you qualified with that ban stick? I'm sure Nate can tell you the "ban stick" is illegal to purchase, possess, or carry in Wisconsin, Florida and I believe also in California...As long as it's not over 18" in length, colored black or dark blue, or equipped with a pistol grip.

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                    No offense, but have you qualified with that ban stick? I'm sure Nate can tell you the "ban stick" is illegal to purchase, possess, or carry in Wisconsin, Florida and I believe also in California...As long as it's not over 18" in length, colored black or dark blue, or equipped with a pistol grip.

It's OK. He has an orange cap on the end of it.
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

The law here in oklahoma says that we cant run any forward facing red or blue lens. that means that we can have red or blue facing backwards, but the only people that do that is the city security. we all down here run clear, green or amber. my car has green and white to the front, green and yellow to the back and the only red that i run is the strobes in the tail lights. the car you see in my photo have green lights in the lightbar, clear srtobes in the headlights and reverse lights and a traffic backer package in the rear cautin lights and the tail lights. The reason for so many lights is because we make traffic stopes on our properties and some of our properties are huge. one of our properties is 3 miles long one way with several streets in it. We stop people for speeding and we write tickets that add on to the rent at apartments, weird huh. anyway if they dont pay the tickets, they get evicted. also on the big property, we assist the sherrifs when they are alone, they said they apriciate it, but to get more warning lights on our cars so people can see us.
                      Last edited by midnitepatrol; 07-02-2007, 04:07 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

south carolina

73-411. Display of blue lights on private security vehicles.
                        1. Display of blue lights on security vehicles is prohibited unless authorized in writing by SLED
                        pursuant to the following procedure:
                        A. The owner or designee of the owner of the property being patrolled must comply with the
                        provisions of Article 45, Chapter 5, Title 56, South Carolina Code of Laws, concerning regulation of
                        traffic on private roads.
                        B. The owner or designee of the owner of the property being patrolled must submit to SLED
                        documentation of such compliance and a written request to display and use blue lights on the security
                        vehicles to be used on the property.
                        C. The licensee of the private security business must have written approval from SLED before use of
                        blue lights on the security vehicles to be used on the property.
                        2. Blue lights approved for use on private security vehicles may be displayed only on vehicles properly
                        marked in accordance with R. 73-412 and on the property specifically described in the application for use
                        of blue lights and otherwise must be removed from the vehicle or covered so as to be protected from
                        public view.
                        3. Display of blue lights on private security company or other vehicles used by a private security
                        officer, other than as approved by SLED, is prohibited.
                        Around this time a few years ago a South Carolina security officer actually pulled me over on a college campus. I wasn't living down here yet and, being from a state which gives s/o's no legal authority that a private citizen does not possess, I had NO CLUE that the guy had stuff like a gun, arrest authority, the ability to ticket me, and the cooperation of local and state law enforcement. I just figured HAHA that security guard is trying to pull me over lets see how long I can get him to chase me. It was stupid because I was a security officer myself at the time and I should have shown the kind of respect I would want someone to show me when doing my job. Anyway, the reason he was pulling me over is because it was after curfew by a few hours and I was on the property trying to bring my girlfriend (now my wife) home from the emergency room.

He finally caught me when I stopped to drop her off and he was like really angry at me but I was like hey whats the big deal I had just gotten on campus and you tried to pull me over. Then he explained the curfew thing and I was like ok whatever I'm leaving anyways and he let me go.

One year later I was training for security in SC and I found out that he could have at least arrested me for trespassing and I was like wow I'm an idiot.

Comment

Shouldnt this be in the Equipment forum?

Anyhow, In Ohio:

Law Enforcement - Red, blue or any combination of the two. Clear can be added to that combination. Blue is restricted to law enforcement

Fire/EMS - Red. But clear and amber can be added is so desired.

Security - Green or amber or any combination

Command - Green

Utility - Amber
                          "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

What are you refering to as "Command"?
                            "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by HospitalPatrol View Post
                              Around this time a few years ago a South Carolina security officer actually pulled me over on a college campus. I wasn't living down here yet and, being from a state which gives s/o's no legal authority that a private citizen does not possess, I had NO CLUE that the guy had stuff like a gun, arrest authority, the ability to ticket me, and the cooperation of local and state law enforcement. I just figured HAHA that security guard is trying to pull me over lets see how long I can get him to chase me. It was stupid because I was a security officer myself at the time and I should have shown the kind of respect I would want someone to show me when doing my job. Anyway, the reason he was pulling me over is because it was after curfew by a few hours and I was on the property trying to bring my girlfriend (now my wife) home from the emergency room.

He finally caught me when I stopped to drop her off and he was like really angry at me but I was like hey whats the big deal I had just gotten on campus and you tried to pull me over. Then he explained the curfew thing and I was like ok whatever I'm leaving anyways and he let me go.

One year later I was training for security in SC and I found out that he could have at least arrested me for trespassing and I was like wow I'm an idiot.
                              As you now know, a security officer in South Carolina has "all the powers of a deputy sheriff," so if he had blue lights... He could of arrested you for more than trespassing. Fleeing and eluding, failure to yield, etc. I'd say you are lucky, indeed.

For conversation's sake, how much did your company or in-house teach you about your law enforcement status? I know SLED only requires a 4 hour course to get a guard up and running, but the law treats security companies much like Sheriff's Departments in powers and responsibilities.
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
                                What are you refering to as "Command"?

I dont know if we are refernecing the same thing, but in Washington an incident command vehicle is authorized green lighting.
                                "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X