Approved lights???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJPA-Agency
    Yeah, the average person might think your a cop if you spotlight'em and have flashing amber lights. However I still think that people should obey the orders of a S/O regardless, unless there unlawful of course.
    Can you give an example of the types of orders you're talking about? So far, the only person who can give lawful orders in most states that its illegal not to follow is a sworn law enforcement officer.

Anyone else, not so much.

In all cases, though, you can simply throw the person who isn't complying off the property after telling them they're no longer welcome. Private property = follow my orders or GET OFF MY LAWN.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

the CVC also says the a "authorized emergency vehicle" has a "SOLID BURNING red front light visable from 1000 feet away..."

So if we've been told by a D/S thats it ok, and is not SOLID BURNING and only on private property for reasons where is would be necessary.
      Why play with fire would be my question to you ? Just 'cause some deputy says it's ok ?

Stick with Amber/Green in the front, Amber/ Red in the back and you'll be fine.
      The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo1510
        Why play with fire would be my question to you ? Just 'cause some deputy says it's ok ?

Stick with Amber/Green in the front, Amber/ Red in the back and you'll be fine.

Well I can use any color to the front but blue/red, and any color but blue to the rear.

Anyone ever seen STORBES in a FS Vector lightbar? (think CHP lightbars)

Comment

Well I can use any color to the front but blue/red, and any color but blue to the rear.

The Chinese will put ANYTHING into a light bar. There's a company in CA that sells chinese import knock-off light bars. "Uniform Warehouse," perhaps you've herad of them. They have LED and strobe FS Streethawks, Vectors, Visions, you name it.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

yeah I've seen their bars around...while they do look good at first,and may be less expensive, what happens when they start having trouble ?

I would rather spend abit more now and know that the major companies will service your bar because they want your repeat business once your fleet starts to grow...but that's just me.
            The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

I can speak from experience on the Chinese bars... They are part-for-part compatible with FS. However, you can buy replacement parts from them. I would not send a light bar to factory repairs, mainly because I know how to repair and replace everything on them.

As with anything, your mileage will vary.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                I can speak from experience on the Chinese bars... They are part-for-part compatible with FS. However, you can buy replacement parts from them. I would not send a light bar to factory repairs, mainly because I know how to repair and replace everything on them.

As with anything, your mileage will vary.

So you would buy them for a fleet if you couldn't repair/ replace parts on them yourself ?

I ask because I will need to start buying lights in the near future... for both cars and motors...

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Depends on how large the fleet is, and who's servicing them. I don't think the local Ford dealer will fix your Federal Signal stuff.

Comment

Ihaven't seen strobes, BUT I have seen some vids of the FS Vector/Vision lightbars with LEDs in then;

Ambulance
                    NYPD

As I understand it the red lights on the NPYD car are the LEDS (FS development called Solaris-pretty cool) and the clear lights are rotators/take downs/alley lights...
                    ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                    Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

um even though it says we are security guards most people think of us as full police officers so we are allowed to use red and blue lights

Comment

Originally posted by Llorta
                        um even though it says we are security guards most people think of us as full police officers so we are allowed to use red and blue lights
                        Stop trolling
                        "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

WRONG!! Red & blue lights are for EMERGENCY vehicles ONLY. (police & fire) Use a blue light around here, yer busted.
                          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Special Investigator
                            WRONG!! Red & blue lights are for EMERGENCY vehicles ONLY. (police & fire) Use a blue light around here, yer busted.
                            Just ignore the guy... he is trolling, and you are reacting exactly how he wants you to react.
                            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Special Investigator
                              if you fress like a police officer then publiuc views security officers as full police officers so we are allowed to use red and blue lughts, run red lights and have a siren

Comment

if you fress like a police officer then publiuc views security officers as full police officers so we are allowed to use red and blue lughts, run red lights and have a siren
                                You're in Canada. So, you're a tow truck operator? Ban hammer deployed.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X