• Show
Clear All

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    What are you refering to as "Command"?

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Shouldnt this be in the Equipment forum?

Anyhow, In Ohio:

Law Enforcement - Red, blue or any combination of the two. Clear can be added to that combination. Blue is restricted to law enforcement

Fire/EMS - Red. But clear and amber can be added is so desired.

Security - Green or amber or any combination

Command - Green

Utility - Amber

Leave a comment:

• HospitalPatrol
    replied
    south carolina

73-411. Display of blue lights on private security vehicles.
    1. Display of blue lights on security vehicles is prohibited unless authorized in writing by SLED
    pursuant to the following procedure:
    A. The owner or designee of the owner of the property being patrolled must comply with the
    provisions of Article 45, Chapter 5, Title 56, South Carolina Code of Laws, concerning regulation of
    traffic on private roads.
    B. The owner or designee of the owner of the property being patrolled must submit to SLED
    documentation of such compliance and a written request to display and use blue lights on the security
    vehicles to be used on the property.
    C. The licensee of the private security business must have written approval from SLED before use of
    blue lights on the security vehicles to be used on the property.
    2. Blue lights approved for use on private security vehicles may be displayed only on vehicles properly
    marked in accordance with R. 73-412 and on the property specifically described in the application for use
    of blue lights and otherwise must be removed from the vehicle or covered so as to be protected from
    public view.
    3. Display of blue lights on private security company or other vehicles used by a private security
    officer, other than as approved by SLED, is prohibited.
    Around this time a few years ago a South Carolina security officer actually pulled me over on a college campus. I wasn't living down here yet and, being from a state which gives s/o's no legal authority that a private citizen does not possess, I had NO CLUE that the guy had stuff like a gun, arrest authority, the ability to ticket me, and the cooperation of local and state law enforcement. I just figured HAHA that security guard is trying to pull me over lets see how long I can get him to chase me. It was stupid because I was a security officer myself at the time and I should have shown the kind of respect I would want someone to show me when doing my job. Anyway, the reason he was pulling me over is because it was after curfew by a few hours and I was on the property trying to bring my girlfriend (now my wife) home from the emergency room.

He finally caught me when I stopped to drop her off and he was like really angry at me but I was like hey whats the big deal I had just gotten on campus and you tried to pull me over. Then he explained the curfew thing and I was like ok whatever I'm leaving anyways and he let me go.

One year later I was training for security in SC and I found out that he could have at least arrested me for trespassing and I was like wow I'm an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• midnitepatrol
    replied
    The law here in oklahoma says that we cant run any forward facing red or blue lens. that means that we can have red or blue facing backwards, but the only people that do that is the city security. we all down here run clear, green or amber. my car has green and white to the front, green and yellow to the back and the only red that i run is the strobes in the tail lights. the car you see in my photo have green lights in the lightbar, clear srtobes in the headlights and reverse lights and a traffic backer package in the rear cautin lights and the tail lights. The reason for so many lights is because we make traffic stopes on our properties and some of our properties are huge. one of our properties is 3 miles long one way with several streets in it. We stop people for speeding and we write tickets that add on to the rent at apartments, weird huh. anyway if they dont pay the tickets, they get evicted. also on the big property, we assist the sherrifs when they are alone, they said they apriciate it, but to get more warning lights on our cars so people can see us.
    Last edited by midnitepatrol; 07-02-2007, 04:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by wilrobnson
    No offense, but have you qualified with that ban stick? I'm sure Nate can tell you the "ban stick" is illegal to purchase, possess, or carry in Wisconsin, Florida and I believe also in California...As long as it's not over 18" in length, colored black or dark blue, or equipped with a pistol grip.

It's OK. He has an orange cap on the end of it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by SIW Editor
    handled with the ban stick.
    No offense, but have you qualified with that ban stick? I'm sure Nate can tell you the "ban stick" is illegal to purchase, possess, or carry in Wisconsin, Florida and I believe also in California...As long as it's not over 18" in length, colored black or dark blue, or equipped with a pistol grip.

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    Ok so work has had me busy and I know Geoff already banned him......BUT I just wanna know......what model EXACTLY is a 96 yo Monster Truck???? Dem Dere rednecks been havin them rallies longer then my yankee butt has known!! LOL

Leave a comment:

• SIW Editor
    replied
    handled with the ban stick.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Ditto!
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Email sent

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Security Consultant
    Time for you to go.
    Don't forget to hit report! Or fire off an email to Geoff. I take liberties in protecting my side from spam and horror, but I don't think I can just up and start deleting the idiot's posts.

What say you, countrymen?

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Time for you to go.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    iam in canada for my mothers funeral. she was run over by a 96 year old monster truck

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Llorta
    if you fress like a police officer then publiuc views security officers as full police officers so we are allowed to use red and blue lughts, run red lights and have a siren
    You're in Canada. So, you're a tow truck operator? Ban hammer deployed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Special Investigator
    WRONG!! Red & blue lights are for EMERGENCY vehicles ONLY. (police & fire) Use a blue light around here, yer busted.
    if you fress like a police officer then publiuc views security officers as full police officers so we are allowed to use red and blue lughts, run red lights and have a siren

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X