Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Security Officers/ Connecticut, NY, Mass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New England Security Officers/ Connecticut, NY, Mass.

I don't know about anyone else but I grow tired of the dribble in the other sections, obviously some are just warm bodies. Others talk about security in Connecticut or New England area and they don't even live here, opinionated. Some are just ridiculous with their mentalities of Police Officers being Gods and we should be subservient to them, a prison term comes to mind for people like that in my mind. I am looking for fellow SECURITY Professionals in Connecticut, NY, and Mass to converse with and I am curious if any are here. I think what we need is a professional association i.e. New England Security Officers Association covering the three states. Feedback from Officers in theses area's are welcome.

I work in Mass and security up here is just warm body work. There are no certification or registration programs up here. The system needs some serious overhauling.
    Keeping the parking lots safe, hallways moving and the Chik Fil A busy.

Comment

I am out on Cape Cod, it is liberal counrty out here. I doubt any kind of enforcement powers will ever be given to officer out here. It might take away from PD's extra duty money.
      Keeping the parking lots safe, hallways moving and the Chik Fil A busy.

Comment

I live in Taxachusetts. In the Taunton-New Bedford area.

Rural enough we own a horse

If you are
        looking for two lone Conservative Republicans in the Bay State, then that would be
        my wife and I.

Lynn-Lynn the City of Sin, You don't go out the way you went in.

Big Hockey fans. Boston Bruins.

SEO 09:
        Having been spending summers in Orleans since 1959. Nauset beach is the
        most pristine beach in the world. Never forget the no-name hurricane
        in about mid-1990. Changed the beach for ever.

Love Rock Harbor on a warm summer night.

You love surfing, you'll love
        Nauset beach. Gotta love the rotary on route six in Orleans
        near the Court House on a hot summer night. Friendly's Ice
        Cream at the Rotary, and Wendys.

I have done alot of Security on the Cape
        Mashpee, Falmouth, and Barnstable
        Last edited by copelandamuffy; 01-17-2007, 05:08 PM.
        http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

hey what are you doing in a liberal democratic state lol.....

I was born here in Massachusetts, and sadly probably
          will die here. Except for our wacked out politicans Massachusetts, and
          yes I am prejudice about this, Massachusetts is probaby the most beautiful place in the world
          in terms of geographics. From the beaches on the Cape, to the mountians
          at the Berkrshires.

We have wild wacky weather. From Hurricanes, to plus 100 degrees in
          summer, to 10 below zero in winter, and yes even a tornado touches
          down here.

We have great sports teams...Bruins-Red Sox-Celtics-Patriots

We are deep in history from Paul Revere to the Lexington, and Concord, to the Mayflower. To John Adams and the Battle of Bunker Hill.

If we could just do away with Ted Kennedy, and John Kerry, this would not be
          a bad place to live.
          Last edited by copelandamuffy; 01-18-2007, 05:46 PM.
          http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Marchetti, David, M
            I don't know about anyone else but I grow tired of the dribble in the other sections, obviously some are just warm bodies. Others talk about security in Connecticut or New England area and they don't even live here, opinionated. Some are just ridiculous with their mentalities of Police Officers being Gods and we should be subservient to them, a prison term comes to mind for people like that in my mind. I am looking for fellow SECURITY Professionals in Connecticut, NY, and Mass to converse with and I am curious if any are here. I think what we need is a professional association i.e. New England Security Officers Association covering the three states. Feedback from Officers in theses area's are welcome.
            David,

I am in Stamford... ASIS is the organization for the area.Again the chapters are only as good as the members...And participation is key.

Comment

I found it has just a little too much law enforcement influence for my taste.
              I'm shocked
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Ohhh ASIS, I have been to their Christmas party once it was all right. Thought of joining as I am friends with a few members but I found it has just a little too much law enforcement influence for my taste. I am thinking of trying to establish a group here in Fairfield county.
                I've heard and said mean things about ASIS, but never "law enforcement influenced."
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Ohhh ASIS, I have been to their Christmas party once it was all right. Thought of joining as I am friends with a few members but I found it has just a little too much law enforcement influence for my taste. I am thinking of trying to establish a group here in Fairfield county.
                  Considering that ASIS is primarily comprised of managers of security companies, and that security managers tend to be retired LEO's it's not surprising.

Comment

The ASIS is nothing more than a scam group. They were on local TV a few months ago and stated by name that the company I worked for were negotiating behind closed doors with them. This is the farthest from the truth.

Then they flipped the race card saying that the low pay was the reason for the high crime rate in the getto because all the brothers had to work 2 or 3 shifts to make ends meet and their kids were unsupervised cause their dads were always working. None of the guys that worked with me did so as a primary source of income.

I got it maybe they weren't going to charge us union dues so crime would subside and we can all watch Leave it to Beaver with the kids. Ya that's the ticket.
                    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

What organization do you think ASIS is? Here's a link:

http://www.asisonline.org/about/index.xml

They are not a union.
                      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I'm guessing he has SEIU and ASIS confused.

ASIS is an organization for security company managers and owners. (Consultants would be their own owner in this scheme...)

SEIU is the world's largest catch-all union that is systematically taking over individual properties through the federal labor laws. They don't need to negotiate with your company, all they need is 75% of all guards in an office building to "demand union representation by SEIU." Every company that has a guard post on that property just got unionized, but for only that post.

Clever, isn't it?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yes! Thank you that is precisely the case. You saved me from digging through for the letter I got asking that we do not speak with them and to keep them off any property that we are watching.

These folks (SEIU) paid illegals to picket our office with signs saying that our lunch room was unsanitary and so were the bathrooms. Even though they never entered in our offices??? This security company(Northeast Security) is one of the largest personally owned in N.E. and offers more benefits than most.

Although I left them for armed I still have a warm spot in my heart for them. Forget that last bit as it's just the batteries in my cell phone heating up.

"Immigration Reform
                          Our System Is Broken" This is from their web site. They pray on the ignorant.
                          Last edited by Chucky; 01-21-2007, 11:04 PM.
                          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

The SEIU has some interesting facts on their website. Do a search on here for SEIU, you'll see what I mean.

I do love that 51% of all security(*) is black.

(* They don't actually say where that data comes from.)

Therefore, this is a racial thing, white owners keeping black guards down.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                              SEIU is the world's largest catch-all union that is systematically taking over individual properties through the federal labor laws. They don't need to negotiate with your company, all they need is 75% of all guards in an office building to "demand union representation by SEIU." Every company that has a guard post on that property just got unionized, but for only that post.
                              I've got mad love for SEIU...One of their guys (organizers?) approached us awhile back and started making his case for SEIU, and absolutely would not listen to us when we told him we were already under a union (SPFPA). He extolled the virtues at great length, and came to his conclusion that, with SEIU, we could expect great wage increases, up to nearly $12 an hour.

It broke my heart to tell him we were making nearly double that already.

Really, it did.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X