Ranking system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking system

How many of you work for a company that uses a ranking system...sgt. Lt. etc.

If you had asked this question 6 months ago I would have told you that I work for a comany with no rank system. None of the SOs I work with wears rank of any kind. No white shirts or special insignia. As far as I knew after 3 years with this company we had only pay based on job assingment and not rank.
    Then a few months ago we had some construction happening at the mill and had to bring in some SOs for temporary assignment. One showed up in a White uniform shirt with Lt bars on his collar.
    I learned that day that our company did assign rank to officers at some sites but not all.
    Our company doesn't put out any employee newsletter and doesn't tell of us any other accounts it has or the state of the company. Each site is an island and as far as we know we are the only account the company has.
    So as far as I know the have Captains, Majors and frigging Admirels but at our site we have just he SOs and SO/EMTs who report to one SO/EMT as the site supervisor.
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

yea

we from s/o, cpl, sgt, Lt. capt. and maj. not if thats where it ends though. well they just cut cpl out actually so now the next step up s/o is sgt. Just got my promotion to sgt. and got me curious if other companies followed a rank system as well, also once you go up to sgt. switch from light blue shirts to white have to wear sgt chevron insignias on your collar and switch from a silver badge to a gold...personally the chvron insignias are a pain in the ass for me...they are kinda bothersome.

Comment

Wackenhut does ranks for supervisors at most sites. Here at the hospitals we have Sgts, Lts, and the site sup is a Capt. But we wear suits instead of a normal uniform so no rank insignia. Also in reports and such we identify are selves as SSO (Supervising Security Officer) Rarely have i identified my self as a LT. Also all of our supervisors our CPOs so have gold badges (don't know if this is on purpose or coincidence.)

Comment

Well, we have quite an extensive ranking system with my agency.

We have S/O's, SGT's, LT's, Cheif's, Directors, Regional's, and then the head office figures.

We also have in our department FTO's, Special Certified Instructors, Dispatchers, Tech Officer, Affairs Officer, Records Division, Human Resources Officer, Safety Tech Officer, SRT's and Media Officers..

Quite the list, and a bigger challegne keeping up on personnel records! LOL!
          Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
            If you had asked this question 6 months ago I would have told you that I work for a comany with no rank system. None of the SOs I work with wears rank of any kind. No white shirts or special insignia. As far as I knew after 3 years with this company we had only pay based on job assingment and not rank.
            Then a few months ago we had some construction happening at the mill and had to bring in some SOs for temporary assignment. One showed up in a White uniform shirt with Lt bars on his collar.
            I learned that day that our company did assign rank to officers at some sites but not all.
            Our company doesn't put out any employee newsletter and doesn't tell of us any other accounts it has or the state of the company. Each site is an island and as far as we know we are the only account the company has.
            So as far as I know the have Captains, Majors and frigging Admirels but at our site we have just he SOs and SO/EMTs who report to one SO/EMT as the site supervisor.
            I know of companies who do this so that when you leave that little island, the only thing you can take to the new company is knowledge of that island. That way, one guard can't sweep the accounts when he leaves.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I work the 15h to 23h shift at one of my 3 hotels. I'm also the Assistant Director for the 3 hotels. The Director works directly for the owner of the hotel & other businesses & is rarely in the hotel so I also attend all the hotel department head meetings as if I was the director!
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

cool

yea capt. is reserved for our area supervisors...highest rank on any given site is Lt. However I don't the guys working construction sites have any rank they just leave them as s/o's...which sux cause their job has to be a pain...never done the construction site but heard it sucked.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X