X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchetti, David, M
    Hotel yes bud I know we have a thankless position and we are expendable, often forgotten, but called for when needed :O), at 25 years I would have at least bought you a watch and said thank you for your dedication.
    I'll get you a DETEX watchman's clock.

Leave a comment:

• outofplacevikingfan
    replied
    It's easy to say that about one shot, but until your in a situation where you have to pull that triger it's a total different reality. You've never been armed, you've never had to pull a gun on someone when they have one in their hand and you've never had to pull the trigger. Thats why you see it all the time where there is 4 cops and they shoot 22 times and hit the guy 4 times. It's not necessary that they are bad shots, you can shoot at the range every day and be perfect.

That's because there is no one their that can shoot back at you so your not worried about it.

Leave a comment:

• Black Caesar
    replied

SecTrainer well said, you Sir are a better writer then myself laughing, I guess in my 22 years of being in this industry I have done nothing in my life amounting to anything just being a lowly pathetic security officer. I know I am a big fat " 0 ", a loser, a wanna be dork, blah blah blah. I look at the source where the criticism comes from and ignore it for the most part as it comes from current or former police officers and the lackeys that follow them blindly. It's a good thing not everyone thinks like them as the name Hitler comes to mind. I have paid my dues and then some so I honestly don't care what they think.

22 year veteran of the security industry in the State of Connecticut having held positions as a Security Officer, Investigator, Retail Detective, Lead Detective, Special Operative, Shift and Site Supervisor, and for the last 14 years he has owned and operated his own licensed security agency.

Professional highlights include serving on a security detail that assisted in protecting then President of the United States Ronald Reagan when he visited the area, holding high level government security clearances issued through the D.O.D. Department of Defense, D.O.E. Department of Energy, DISCO , has been assigned to the C.E.O. of Sears, The Harlem Globetrotters, and currently heads up security for a prominent businesman overseeing physical assets in excess of 300 million dollars.

Experience consists of Corporate, Industrial, and Manufacturing Facilities, Municipal Services, Elderly Housing, Education, Scientific, and Experimental Facilities, Private Residential Communities, Retail Operations, Mining, and other areas.

To date approximately 28+ criminal arrests, one armed felony arrest while unarmed, reported 4 fires of non-client property, recovered 4 stolen vehicles, and prevented a forced attempted child abduction and saved several lives by direct intervention during criminal incidents.

Brought federal civil litigation against a municipal police department who have engaged in illegal activity and conduct directed towards himself and employees to enforce civil rights.

An open advocate for state and federal civil rights and the proper supervision of law enforcement authorities, State District Attorneys, and Judges in the State of Connecticut.

While on duty he has been assaulted, struck by a tractor trailer, threatened with deadly force, spit on, stalked, and had his vehicles vandalized.

Ohhhhhhh Godddddddd I'mmmmm Suchhhhh A Looserrrrrrrr Please God kill me now as it's better
    then being a Security Officer - NOT.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I mean really, your Psych Profile must be all over the place. Just from your posting you can see evidence of.

-Borderline Egomanical, maybe even meglomanical personality: I like how it went from 18 arrests to 28 just like that lol, oh and By the way, using a real picture of your self as an Icon in full dress security uniform by itslef means nothing bad, nor does posting under your real name (last name 1st), just by itself.........

........ Together they point to a guy who really likes (needs) attention......

- Paranoia Complex (the police are out to get me)

-A bit of "disassociation" with reality......

.......You do of coure know that speaking of oneself in the 3rd person in you commentary and in this post I'm quoating here is an indicator of possible mental health probelms right?

Everyone else here knows that just from reading your stuff here, and now the legislature of Connecticut knows it too.

Oh well, if it don't bother you, I guess it's all good....
    Last edited by Black Caesar; 01-17-2007, 04:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• outofplacevikingfan
    replied
    And hopefully the guy doesn't have a gun and just brought a knife.

Never bring a knife to a gun fight.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    If someone has a gun in a car, and I am behind them, I am doing what I was trained to do: Take cover behind my vehicle, call for support, and yell at them every few minutes to toss the gun out of the car. If they get out, game on. If they just sit there like an idiot, then game is on when more people show up.

First rule of gunfighting:
    Bring a gun.
    Second Rule:
    Bring a long gun.
    Third Rule:
    Bring friends with long guns.

Leave a comment:

• outofplacevikingfan
    replied
    If you are a security officer no, especially if your unarmed. Even if you are armed you should call for the calvary.

If I knew someone was in a car with a gun, I wouldn't run up their with my gun. I would take cover, while drawing down and call for help, and hope everything doesn't go to hell until back up arrives.

Obviously for me if he gets out of the car with the gun, I have do what I have to do. But if your unarmed no way he put him selve in a very bad tactical position. He is very lucky it turned out the way it did.

Leave a comment:

• CorpSec
    replied
    Ummmm a two words - chicken ****. Your job doing security is to investigate why someone is behind your clients building at 3:00 a.m. unless your chicken **** or a do nothing guard.

The thing that gets me about you is I actually think you believe what you type! That is scary.

You do want to know why someone is behind your clients building at 3am. I have walked up to full cars darked out in bad areas in the middle of the night. That can be part of the job. But, to continue to walk up after being certain that a gun has been pulled is horribly stupid.

I am not suggesting you leave the vehicle alone, but the prudent thing is to retreat to good cover and get the cops en route.

Until I read your post, I didn't think their would be a security or law enforcement professional so poorly trained that they would continue to make a vehicle approach even after the person has pulled a gun.

Maybe the others can chime in on this. Would you continue walking up to a vehicle if you knew the party just drew a gun? You are one of a kind David.

Leave a comment:

• Marchetti, David, M
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    25 years with the same hotel & I didn't even get a handshake!
    Hotel yes bud I know we have a thankless position and we are expendable, often forgotten, but called for when needed :O), at 25 years I would have at least bought you a watch and said thank you for your dedication.

Leave a comment:

• Marchetti, David, M
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Mr. Security, have you called Dave out for his judicious use of language, or even mine?

Seriously, though. This thread has degraded into Marchetti flailing about screaming "I HAVE 22 YEARS AND 18 ARRESTS," and the rest of us just going, "Please stop. Please?" While sometimes pointing out that his rantings really don't have anything to do with it.

I have 12 years experience. Do I get a medal?
    Ohh sorry I did not know ( stars ) ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************** were illegal to express oneself. Such potty language laughing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have a few "arrests," in the strict sense that I deprived a person of their freedom of movement for committing violations of law in my presence.
    I honestly don't keep track.
    I keep better track of medical life saves (two in my career), than I do of arrests.
    I used to keep track, but I found I have better things to do with my time.

Medical saves I never tracked...I've done CPR and used an AED, but none were saved (not through lack of trying though).

In other news...

Newsflash: West coast drivers...Can't.

http://www.king5.com/sharedcontent/V...andhomevid.wmv

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I have a few "arrests," in the strict sense that I deprived a person of their freedom of movement for committing violations of law in my presence.

I honestly don't keep track.

I keep better track of medical life saves (two in my career), than I do of arrests.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by davis002
    Not that it matters, but the number of arrests Dave has made throughout his career is the number of arrests I make on a good week... or bad week if you look at it that way...
    Yeah, in all honesty I just know I'm somewhere between 800 and 900, as the last time I actually counted was about 6 months before I left my last agency. (And though I can find out with a little emailing and searching, I'm too lazy.)

I should count the 'remanded into custody by order of the court' detentions and transports as real arrests (I had to do corrections and court security functions before hitting the road in Cali), that'd double the number
    Last edited by OccamsRazor; 01-16-2007, 10:45 PM. Reason: Cuz I kan spel lyke jon carry

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by T202
    22 years of experience may equal 6 months of experience 44 times. I feel a strong urge to cuss.
    "Citizen's Arrest.... Citizen's Arrest!"

Leave a comment:

• T202
    replied
    Mr. Security, have you called Dave out for his judicious use of language, or even mine?

Seriously, though. This thread has degraded into Marchetti flailing about screaming "I HAVE 22 YEARS AND 18 ARRESTS," and the rest of us just going, "Please stop. Please?" While sometimes pointing out that his rantings really don't have anything to do with it.

I have 12 years experience. Do I get a medal?
    22 years of experience may equal 6 months of experience 44 times. I feel a strong urge to cuss.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Not that it matters, but the number of arrests Dave has made throughout his career is the number of arrests I make on a good week... or bad week if you look at it that way...

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X