No announcement yet.

Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But one more thing Mr. Security, have you called Dave out in this thread for his language?

Comment

Originally posted by outofplacevikingfan
      1. Mr. security your right, and I'm sorry for my language I can appreciate your point.

2. Not directided at you Mr. security, but the comment I'm talking down to security is no I'm not I'm talking down to him. I'm not saying anything wrong with security on a whole, as I said I did my time there.
      Thanks for helping us keep it clean.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Mr. Security, have you called Dave out for his judicious use of language, or even mine?

Seriously, though. This thread has degraded into Marchetti flailing about screaming "I HAVE 22 YEARS AND 18 ARRESTS," and the rest of us just going, "Please stop. Please?" While sometimes pointing out that his rantings really don't have anything to do with it.

I have 12 years experience. Do I get a medal?
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Mr. Security, have you called Dave out for his judicious use of language, or even mine?

Seriously, though. This thread has degraded into Marchetti flailing about screaming "I HAVE 22 YEARS AND 18 ARRESTS," and the rest of us just going, "Please stop. Please?" While sometimes pointing out that his rantings really don't have anything to do with it.

Dave has been reported. As a volunteer moderator, you could help by setting the right example and by reminding members what we all agreed to when we became members, namely, no profanity.

I'm specifically referring to gross profanity, the kind that is in this thread.

Comment

I'll give you a medal for 12yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
              Dave has been reported. As a volunteer moderator, you could help by setting the right example and by reminding members what we all agreed to when we became members, namely, no profanity.

I'm specifically referring to gross profanity, the kind that is in this thread.
              Actually, volunteer moderators are not agents of Cygnus Business Media, Cygnus Security Group, and are not to "remind" people of the rules. We just delete spam posts.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

25 years with the same hotel & I didn't even get a handshake!
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I want one too...As a contract security officer, I have precisely zero arrests.

Comment

Actually, volunteer moderators are not agents of Cygnus Business Media, Cygnus Security Group, and are not to "remind" people of the rules. We just delete spam posts.
                    I'm sure that you're allowed to set a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                      I want one too...As a contract security officer, I have precisely zero arrests.

Same here. I did detain a goose once for a local bird society. He resisted too. Does that count?

Comment

Not that it matters, but the number of arrests Dave has made throughout his career is the number of arrests I make on a good week... or bad week if you look at it that way...
                        "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

22 years of experience may equal 6 months of experience 44 times. I feel a strong urge to cuss.

Comment

Originally posted by T202
                            22 years of experience may equal 6 months of experience 44 times. I feel a strong urge to cuss.
                            "Citizen's Arrest.... Citizen's Arrest!"

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
                              Not that it matters, but the number of arrests Dave has made throughout his career is the number of arrests I make on a good week... or bad week if you look at it that way...
                              Yeah, in all honesty I just know I'm somewhere between 800 and 900, as the last time I actually counted was about 6 months before I left my last agency. (And though I can find out with a little emailing and searching, I'm too lazy.)

I should count the 'remanded into custody by order of the court' detentions and transports as real arrests (I had to do corrections and court security functions before hitting the road in Cali), that'd double the number
                              Last edited by OccamsRazor; 01-16-2007, 10:45 PM. Reason: Cuz I kan spel lyke jon carry

Comment

I have a few "arrests," in the strict sense that I deprived a person of their freedom of movement for committing violations of law in my presence.

I honestly don't keep track.

I keep better track of medical life saves (two in my career), than I do of arrests.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X