Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam

Ok, Who did it?
    Who opened the gates to these spam sales?
    Come on..own up to it.

Checked New Posts this evening and 12 out of 14 was by Cole505 or something like that selling stuff in every discussion area.

Is there anyway we can keep these out?

All we can do is report them.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

keeping out the spambots

Folks, thanks for your patience.
      I manage the entire site (not just the forums) and I delete the spam. Currently the weekend spammers are a bit of a chore, because from Friday night through Sunday night I don't have Internet access due to travel.

To help me out, please simply "report post" on any spam you see. I'm especially wary of spammers posting within active threads -- if you see that, please report it. I will continue to purge the spams on Mondays and during weekdays, but until I can get mobile access, these weekend spambots will hit us.

If any of you are willing to temporarily fill in and do spam deletion duties, please PM me.

Geoff Kohl
      Site Admin/Moderator/Editor/YadaYada....

Comment

Dear YadaYada:

I'm sure you have ample volunteers here who would be happy to help cover weekends to solve your access problem. This spam thing MUST be dealt with, and pronto, because it's ruining the board.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
          Dear YadaYada:

I'm sure you have ample volunteers here who would be happy to help cover weekends to solve your access problem. This spam thing MUST be dealt with, and pronto, because it's ruining the board.
          It's annoying but it's not ruining the board
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
            This spam thing MUST be dealt with, and pronto, because it's ruining the board.
            I agree 100%! This spam crap should be deleted and the spammer banned. Appointing a few forum moderators to watch for spam would help curb it.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
              It's annoying but it's not ruining the board
              Most here did not come here to see/read spam. Allowing the spam to continue without addressing the problem does not help this board.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Look closer, it has been addressed... Nathan is a moderator.
                "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
                  davis002: An even closer look and we see Security Consultant has joined Nathan. Two rather nasty posts from off topic thread were immediately removed by one of the three. Prompt action on their part deserves our laud.
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill

Comment

When I see it, I delete it. You can speed this process up by using the red triangle report buttons on any spammy post.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I don't have the ability to delete spam on Nathan's section. I happen to be on the site the other day when a poster was registering and then immediately posted spam on a fourm that I monitor. I deleted it within seconds and they immediately posted it again. After I deleted it a second time he went to the "On Guard" section and posted his message. It was quickly taken care of.

I visit the site frequently as I'm home writing some chapters for a new book - I often suffer from brain gas and need a break.
                      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant
                        I don't have the ability to delete spam on Nathan's section. I happen to be on the site the other day when a poster was registering and then immediately posted spam on a fourm that I monitor. I deleted it within seconds and they immediately posted it again. After I deleted it a second time he went to the "On Guard" section and posted his message. It was quickly taken care of.

I visit the site frequently as I'm home writing some chapters for a new book - I often suffer from brain gas and need a break.
                        Yeah. I can delete spam on the On Guard section, and only there. Security Consultant can delete spam in the "integrator" section.

Oh, and... Yeah, I'm back to hitting the site a few times a day again.

As to the little idiot... It proves these aren't bots. Which is interesting. People have the ability to read, after all, he knew that you could only work certain areas.

Comment

Originally posted by davis002

Alright!

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Slam the spammers!!
                            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                              Slam the spammers!!
                              More along the lines of "Physically delete their threads and have Geoff delete their user accounts."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X