New Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job

Well, as of today I am a Correctional Officer at a Maximum Security Institute...!!! go me.
    Last edited by SecureTN; 12-27-2006, 09:00 PM.
    "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Congratulations!! Let's just hope none of us become "residents" of your facility! Best of luck to you sir!
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Probably not too wise to tell people where you work...

Comment

The best of luck to you. Please remember always to be firm, be fair and don't back off.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

adding to what Bill said, also be aware that any time a convict acts friendly towards you, he has a motive. It might be something simple or he might be baiting you for an illegal favor later on. Just be professional and only speak to the convict when YOU need to.
          Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Games-Criminal...e=UTF8&s=books

I heartily endorse this book...It was very handy when I did my 'jail time' before hitting the road. I called guys on so much crap, and they kept asking the other deputies if I'd been around longer than my uniform made it appear.

Disclaimer: I don't get any money if you buy it...unless you send me some

Comment

Stay away from the cells; watch your back; stay safe. Congratulations.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Good luck.
                I never worked Private Corrections but was employed for 6 years as a State DOC officer. Lots of rivalry between the Private and Public prison systems. The public guys look down on priavte prisons as less secure and the private guards as less trained or capable. Similar to what is found in many police vs security arguements. Personally I think it's just that the public guys are afraid of loosing their jobs when the private coporations built new facilities.
                Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X