Working Christmas Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Christmas Day

To all Guards who are working Christmas day, including myself, thank you.
    To the midnight to 0800 Guard who helps Santa and Rudolph guide their
    sleigh, thanks. To we who work 0700-1500 and rush home to have
    a late Christmas dinner thanks. And those Guards who work the
    1500-2300 shift and bolt away from a Christmas dinner thanks
    as well.

And a special thanks to my wife , and a many other wives, and yes
    to husbands whose wives work on these holidays, thanks for your
    support.
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Originally posted by copelandamuffy
    To all Guards who are working Christmas day, including myself, thank you.
    To the midnight to 0800 Guard who helps Santa and Rudolph guide their
    sleigh, thanks. To we who work 0700-1500 and rush home to have
    a late Christmas dinner thanks. And those Guards who work the
    1500-2300 shift and bolt away from a Christmas dinner thanks
    as well.

And a special thanks to my wife , and a many other wives, and yes
    to husbands whose wives work on these holidays, thanks for your
    support.
    copelandamuffy: You have expressed your feelings that really carry the seasons and the sacrifice on behalf of a few the for benefit of the rest of us. God bless you sir,
    Bill Warnock

Comment

Don't forget the single guy who volunteers for that double so the one with a family can be with his.

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
        Don't forget the single guy who volunteers for that double so the one with a family can be with his.
        GCMC, when single and overseas with the USAF, I and many other single folks pulled tours on Christmas and New Years Day, so the married folks on accompanied tours could be with their families. A residual benefit was being at work which took the sting out of being away from your family at these times and being away from the United States.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

I wish I were working Christmas, I'm not able to get home this year. At least working would give me something to do.

Comment

I have had my wife on more than one occasion stop by the Gatehouse and
            she and I had Christmas dinner togther.Since my wife works for the
            same contract Security Guard company as I do, managment is
            flexiable to this. Especially when I volunteered to work Christmas day.

Comment

I will have both the fortunate and unfortunate role of working at the mall security and as an EMT these shifts:

Christmas Eve: M/S- 1100-2030
              EMS- 0000-1200 (Christmas Day)

New Years Eve: M/S- 1000-1900
              EMS- 0000-1200

So any of you who would like to join me in a drink to celebrate Christmas and the New Year with me can feel free to grab a cold one on the house and enjoy our own company.
              War is a continuation of politics by other means- Karl Von Clausewitz

SO OTHERS MAY LIVE- US Navy Hospital Corpsman Motto
              HONOR, COURAGE, COMMITMENT- US NAVY Core Values

Comment

Here I am working overnight on Friday. As usual I left most of my shopping to do Saturday. Friday & Saturday are supposed to be my days off but 2 hours before his shift one of my guys calls & says his girlfriend is sick, he's taking her to the hospital. I don't want to be Scrouge but I am not happy. It is not his kid. He is not a Doctor. He knows how small of a department we have & how hard it is to get replacements.......
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I am single, working 0800-1800 Christmas Eve, and 0700-1500 on Christmas Day, I'll eat Christmas Dinner with my father before he goes to sleep @1800 on Christmas Day for his 2400-0800 shift. I'm just glad all our Married Officers will get to see their loved ones over the Holidays. Thank you Copelandamuffy for the Thanks.
                  "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Growing up I am used to having my family work on Chirstmas day.
                    My Mom volunteered to help our set up church services on Christmas
                    day at the Methodist Church, and my dad was a reporter for the Boston
                    Herald. Newspapers don't shut down on Christsmas day.

***Foot note...My dad told me that one Christsmas morning the Boston
                    Police received a call of a body floating in the Fort Point Channel. The
                    body had been water for some time. My Dad had to report this,
                    and take pictures of the body. Not a pretty site on Christmas day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                      I wish I were working Christmas, I'm not able to get home this year. At least working would give me something to do.
                      There may be a homeless shelter that could use you to dish out food and a kind word.....
                      Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                      Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
                        My first job was in a mill. I was working 7-3 on Christmas and was asked to do a double so another could be home. I said yes and the 3-11 Forman came up to me at 1730 with my time card signed out for 11. I wished him well, and was home in time for desert.
                        Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
                          There may be a homeless shelter that could use you to dish out food and a kind word.....
                          Thank you Eric, that jogged the old memory. Volunteer at a homeless shelter offering a smile and a warm word and listen without listening, expecially when you walk around with a pot of freshly brewed coffee the intelligence you can pick up is priceless. You are volunteering and doing your job at the same time.
                          Bless you Eric!
                          Enjoy the day,
                          Bill

Comment

I’ll be working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year's day and many other holidays and it doesn’t bother me because I’m single and young. I’ll give the men and women who have kids the day off to spend time with them. This is my first time working Christmas and probably not my last. Many Christmas Days I would wake up and my father would not be home because he was working, but when he came home it made the day so much better. I’ll gladly work knowing that some child will wake up and their parents will be home to see their big, glowing smile.

Merry Christmas. And to all of you working I’ll be there with you in our celebration of the holidays will performing our jobs.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
                            DizZy SO

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X