Robber shot by an armoured car guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric
    Welcome to the world according to the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. Paid for by taxpayer dollars and very few private companies via ads. Proudly home to Hockey Night in Canada though.
    The tree & thug hugging mentality is apparent.
    It has been 20 years since I lived in Canada. At the time I left I was 15 and more concerned with girls than any of this sort of thing.
    BTW the US media is ripe with this kind of [email protected] also.
    "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      For those wondering...

RULE #1: WE GO HOME.
      Actually, rule # 1 is we go home in the same or better condition than that in which we arrived.... all other concerns are secondary..
      Last edited by gonzo1510; 12-24-2006, 04:14 PM.
      The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Taylor
        I find it interesting, and somewhat offensive, that the CBC article refered to the robber as "victim".
        I hope the two officers are cleared.
        First we don't know exactly what went down yet but. In Canada you can use "the minimum force necessary" to protect yourself. Just slightly above what you are being attacked with. Apparently the suspect/victim was unarmed. A gun is excessive when 2 people are being attacked by a single unarmed person. The only problem is that since private people (including armoured car guards) are not allowed to carry pepper spray or Taser sthe guards really didn't have a choice. Yes the guy is a victom, but a victim of our system, not the guards.

He was also probably a vuctim in that he had to have mental problems. Who is their right mind attacks 2 people that have guns?
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
          First we don't know exactly what went down yet but. In Canada you can use "the minimum force necessary" to protect yourself. Just slightly above what you are being attacked with. Apparently the suspect/victim was unarmed. A gun is excessive when 2 people are being attacked by a single unarmed person. The only problem is that since private people (including armoured car guards) are not allowed to carry pepper spray or Taser the guards really didn't have a choice. Yes the guy is a victom, but a victim of our system, not the guards
          Your'e right, we don't know how it went down.... we should wait until the investigation is done, again hopefully it was a good shoot.

You stated that 2 guns are excessive against an unarmed person.. I beg to differ,this individual WAS armed... it's called bodily force. I won't get into specifics for personal security reasons, but needless to say, the fact that there was no weapon in hand doesn't make him a non-threat....

I can only speak for us here in California.... We do not carry less than leathal wepons. We hold gun and guard cards, but we do not perform security duties of any kind, We are exempt by profession from the powers of arrest act.

He was also probably a victim in that he had to have mental problems.
          This guy was no victim, please do not make those assumptions, for all we know, this susp. was "sane". He may have just been hard up financially during the holiday season for all we know.

Who in their right mind attacks 2 people that have guns ?
          anyone who wants what we have.....
          Last edited by gonzo1510; 12-24-2006, 05:08 PM.
          The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Remember my friends, truth in reporting does not sell newspapers or draw a gasp from the listening audience or garner journalism awards.
            Enjoy the day,
            Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X