Robber shot by an armoured car guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robber shot by an armoured car guard

I just heard on the scanner an incident in the east end of Montreal where I believe an armoured car guard has shot someone who was trying to hold him up. This is a very rare occurance here. I will be listening to the news to see exactly what happened.
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Hi there,

were you able to get any updates on the shooting ?

As an "armoured"car gaurd myself, I would be very intrested in getting more info on this.....
    Last edited by gonzo1510; 12-22-2006, 11:29 PM.
    The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Yes,let us know if you hear anything...

Comment

An unarmed male jumped 2 female armoured car agents. They fired 4 shots. He was hit in the stomach & leg. He pleaded not guilty to robbery from his hospital bed. The guards work for Sececor.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
          An unarmed male jumped 2 female armoured car agents. They fired 4 shots. He was hit in the stomach & leg. He pleaded not guilty to robbery from his hospital bed. The guards work for Sececor.
          Would you have a link available for the story ?
          The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

http://montreal.ctv.ca/cfcf/news/cfcf

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...g20061222.html
            Last edited by HotelSecurity; 12-23-2006, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the links.....

Hopefully the two guards wil be cleared and this will deemed a good shoot.

Too bad there wasn't any more than what you said....

Thanks again.

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

I hope this does not come off sounding sexist: When I took Police Technology in the early 1970's women were just entering the police forces. My hotel was one of the first to hire women security officers. I personally have hired women & presently have them working for me. All this being said, I do not agree with 2 women working together as police officers or security guards. I have witnessed incidents where, in my opinion, excessive force was used to subdue a suspect because the 2 officers were female. I think they are forced to use a higher level of force to defend themselves. I hope this is not the case in this incident.

Comment

I've read more in the Montreal Gazette. The guy was not shot in the stomach - it was just a little LOWER - OUCH! (Put ti this way if he joins the prison choir he can be singing the high notes!!)

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                    I've read more in the Montreal Gazette. The guy was not shot in the stomach - it was just a little LOWER - OUCH! (Put it this way if he joins the prison choir he can be singing the high notes!!)
                    Aww too bad so sad, I'm sure he was a great baritone....

I wonder what the training standards are for our canadian counterparts....
                    I'd really like to know....

Anyhow, glad to hear my two sisters didn't break rule #1, and will get to spend the holidays with their families.

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

For those wondering...

RULE #1: WE GO HOME.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I thought it was be sure to lock the gate
                        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson
                          I thought it was be sure to lock the gate
                          No, no. Set alarm clock 1 hour before shift is over. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I find it interesting, and somewhat offensive, that the CBC article refered to the robber as "victim".
                            I hope the two officers are cleared.
                            "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Taylor
                              I find it interesting, and somewhat offensive, that the CBC article refered to the robber as "victim".
                              I hope the two officers are cleared.
                              Welcome to the world according to the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. Paid for by taxpayer dollars and very few private companies via ads. Proudly home to Hockey Night in Canada though.
                              The tree & thug hugging mentality is apparent.
                              Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                              Groucho Marx

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X