X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by talon
    You are probably right...alot of Security Companies are getting more authority because the Public Law Enforcement can't keep up with crime mostly due to infighting and politics...in other words if they would stop whining and do the job we wouldn't have to pick up their slack.
    Talon:
    That may not be necessarily true. The federal government has recently passed laws that equate to unfunded mandates that impact public law enforcement such as ICE training for their officers. The local taxpayers wind up paying the tab. It is not fair but sometimes life is indeed unfair.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• talon
    replied
    Originally posted by fatalflaw
    It's not unheard of though, in Q1 2007 the security company I'm with will be able to run marked crown vic's with red and blues and sirens in certain areas of the city because we'll be taking non priority calls and even "some" priority calls for the PD. Will require just a bit of academy, mostly legal block, but we will have full powers of arrest and legal protection and privilages as a LEO has.

Something similar to this may be going on in California.

You are probably right...alot of Security Companies are getting more authority because the Public Law Enforcement can't keep up with crime mostly due to infighting and politics...in other words if they would stop whining and do the job we wouldn't have to pick up their slack.

Leave a comment:

• fatalflaw
    replied
    It's not unheard of though, in Q1 2007 the security company I'm with will be able to run marked crown vic's with red and blues and sirens in certain areas of the city because we'll be taking non priority calls and even "some" priority calls for the PD. Will require just a bit of academy, mostly legal block, but we will have full powers of arrest and legal protection and privilages as a LEO has.

Something similar to this may be going on in California.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    Actually the CHP is the agency to contact. Any vehicle running Red, Blue and or siren in the state must be approved by them. The only exception is school district police/security.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by gonzo1510
    Anyone in Southern California know anything about Southwest Patrol ?

I've seen them running around in unmarked Crown Vics with RED and Blue lights and siren. I was able to talk to one of their guys who told me that they get to use them because they have county contracts. I've never heard of any security company running red and blue because they have county contracts......but I have been wrong before.
    Its simple. Call your local Sheriff's Department and report it. If they're authorized, then its cool. If they're not, then deputies will pay them a visit and bring hell with them.

Leave a comment:

• gonzo1510
    started a topic Southwest Patrol in So. California.....

Southwest Patrol in So. California.....

Anyone in Southern California know anything about Southwest Patrol ?

I've seen them running around in unmarked Crown Vics with RED and Blue lights and siren. I was able to talk to one of their guys who told me that they get to use them because they have county contracts. I've never heard of any security company running red and blue because they have county contracts......but I have been wrong before.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X