Minnesota Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Security

Has anyone worked or know anything about Wolf Protective Agency...Capital Enforcement...or Secureforce? They all are located around the twins cities...MN. I'm just wondering if they are any good...as far as pay and the company.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you hear about SecureForce?
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
      If you don't mind me asking, how did you hear about SecureForce?
      When i was working for an amored car company, we picked up deposites from Gameworks located downtown minneapolis. I saw Secureforce officers working there. Even though i did not have time to talk to them, they seem professional. I just checked the SecureForce website....After seeeing the site pictures....I think i know the black dude in the middle...isn't that Kerry Childers?

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

I worked for Wolf Protective Agency and for On Guard Inc. prior to it becoming Wolf. The thing that people need to remember is that there is extremely high liability in working armed security for a private company. You do not have the backing of city or county attourneys, and you deffinately to not get paid enough to afford a lawyer if you accidently shoot somebody that just tried to run you over with a car. Didn't happen to me, but actually did happen a couple years after I left. As far as I know, he did not recieve any assistance from the company.
          Last edited by sgtnewby; 12-16-2006, 10:27 PM.
          Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Oh, and I used to work at a gun shop when a kid working for Capital came in carrying a handgun, even though we had signs on the door stating that was not allowed. First he flashed his Capital badge on his belt stating he was capital police (state capitol security is not armed) and is headed up by a state trooper to my understanding. Then I asked to see his permit after calling him on that one. His permit said "Valid Only While Working For Capital Enforcement." This was back when permits were restricted. Then he said, "Well I'm a supervisor and considerred to be on duty at all times." Yeah, that didn't work either. So we kicked him out and as he was leaving he said "I'm going to tell my guys never to shop here again, in fact, I'm going to instruct them to never shop here again!" Well, a few weeks later while working security, my partner and I were in a Holiday gas station when we saw this particular idiot with a sergeant that my partner happened to know. We explained the incident to him and asked if the idiot was a supervisor. He said no, he wasn't currently and never had been. So, he got fired I think the next day. That's all I know about Capital...

So, moral of the story, be very carefull of who you choose to work for. While you may be very professional and competent, the people you work with can make you look very bad. Currently I work security at HCMC and have done so for 4.5 years. Great pay, great benne's, great pension (PERA), great overall job. And sorry, but I don't know anything about Secureforce.
            Last edited by sgtnewby; 12-16-2006, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby
              I worked for Wolf Protective Agency and for On Guard Inc. prior to it becoming Wolf. The thing that people need to remember is that there is extremely high liability in working armed security for a private company. You do not have the backing of city or county attourneys, and you deffinately to not get paid enough to afford a lawyer if you accidently shoot somebody that just tried to run you over with a car. Didn't happen to me, but actually did happen a couple years after I left. As far as I know, he did not recieve any assistance from the company.
              Um, you don't accidently shoot someone who is trying to run you over. You either get out of the way (perferable), or you purposefully shoot the driver to end his lethal attack (trying to run you over.)

Have you ever taken a LE or security firearms course?
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                Um, you don't accidently shoot someone who is trying to run you over. You either get out of the way (perferable), or you purposefully shoot the driver to end his lethal attack (trying to run you over.)

Have you ever taken a LE or security firearms course?
                The car had been stopped at that point and a struggle had insued as the SO was attempting to take the subject at gun-point. Apparently the gun went off when the subject was trying to get it away from the SO. My fault, I should have been more detailed. And, actually, I've had a MN permit to carry for about 9 years now.

Comment

If he said it was an accident, ow. "The suspect attempted to grab my gun, I feared I would lose control over it, so I shot him to end his threat on my life," works better than "I accidently shot the guy."

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby
                    This doesn't make any sense to me, frankly, because it's impossible to believe that the security agency itself wouldn't be named in a lawsuit...meaning that they would also have a very large interest in the outcome of a criminal charge against the individual officer as well.
                    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
                      This doesn't make any sense to me, frankly, because it's impossible to believe that the security agency itself wouldn't be named in a lawsuit...meaning that they would also have a very large interest in the outcome of a criminal charge against the individual officer as well.
                      A large security company in this area had an officer arrested for assaulting a visitor at the hospital after the individual threw a cup of water into his face. The company didn't represent the officer either.
                      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Keep in mind that if the company is named in a lawsuit their lawyers are going to be working to minimize damage to the company, not damage to the guard. In many cases, the lawyers might try to shift blame away from the company toward the guard

Comment

Originally posted by bigshotceo
                          Keep in mind that if the company is named in a lawsuit their lawyers are going to be working to minimize damage to the company, not damage to the guard. In many cases, the lawyers might try to shift blame away from the company toward the guard
                          That sounds about right.

1. Shred your use of force policy.
                          2. Rewrite it so that the guard may not use force.
                          3. State the guard disobeyed company policy when using force.
                          4. Shift blame to guard while maintaining the guard acted against policy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshotceo
                            You're damn straight. It happened to me and it can happen to any one of us!
                            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Just to be a little more detailed, the subject was stealing car stereos at 3 in the morning, and he was about 14 years old. He was with a 16 and 21 year old, but he was the driver. He is now paralized from the waist down.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X