Anyone PPCT certified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone PPCT certified?

I have my written and practical tests next week. Suffice to say, I'm a bit nervous.

Aren't practice tests available for that? Even FAA written examinations have practice tests produced by others that you can purchase to make sure you are adequately prepared before you take the actual one w/ the FAA.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
      Aren't practice tests available for that? Even FAA written examinations have practice tests produced by others that you can purchase to make sure you are adequately prepared before you take the actual one w/ the FAA.
      No, its a defensive tactics test.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

He said "written" too. Oh well.
        Last edited by Mr. Security; 12-16-2006, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          No, its a defensive tactics test.
          There's a written component.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
            There's a written component.
            Yes, I know. My point was that you're probably not going to find a "Pass the PPCT Test Now!" book like "Pass the FAA Pilot Test," or "Pass the Police Officer(*) Test!" book.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Passed no problem, with flying colors. Not so sure what I was worried about.

Comment

Yes, I know. My point was that you're probably not going to find a "Pass the PPCT Test Now!" book like "Pass the FAA Pilot Test," or "Pass the Police Officer(*) Test!" book.
                What's the asterisk for?

Comment

What's the asterisk for?
                  (*) Police Officer is used as an all inclusive term, this book can help you pass the Police Officer, Deputy Sheriff, Airport Police, Campus Police, and many other police civil service exams. This book is designed to help you pass many exams, but is not tailored to a specific department. Your results are not guaranteed.

Comment

(*) Police Officer is used as an all inclusive term, this book can help you pass the Police Officer, Deputy Sheriff, Airport Police, Campus Police, and many other police civil service exams. This book is designed to help you pass many exams, but is not tailored to a specific department. Your results are not guaranteed.
                    Well, obviously.

Comment

Passed no problem, with flying colors. Not so sure what I was worried about.
                      Sample Question:

- What is the most important fact to learn about your sector?

Answer: Where the donut shops are!

Comment

No, this is just about the PPCT defensive tactics course.

Sample Question:
                        When may you strike a suspect in the head with your PPCT Phoenix Baton?

A) When the suspect is mouthing off to me.
                        B) When the suspect is trying to kill me.
                        C) You may never strike a suspect above the shoulders with an impact weapon.
                        D) When I wish to correct his stupidity.

Comment

No, this is just about the PPCT defensive tactics course.

Sample Question:
                          When may you strike a suspect in the head with your PPCT Phoenix Baton?

A) When the suspect is mouthing off to me.
                          B) When the suspect is trying to kill me.
                          C) You may never strike a suspect above the shoulders with an impact weapon.
                          D) When I wish to correct his stupidity.
                          I choose E; All of the above.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X