NA Corbier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA Corbier

Hey All, I'm new to this board and new to the security industry. I feel that I have learned a lot form reading this forum.

NA Corbier seems to have a never ending stream of knowledge. I was wondering about NA's background. Where have you worked security and what kind of security have you done? Also whats your current security position?

Welcome to the forums. If I may ask, who are you?
    Last edited by davis002; 12-15-2006, 04:47 AM.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

You can find out about Nathan, (or anyone else for that matter) by clicking on his name and reading his profile. Within that profile you will find links to everything he has posted. Anything else you want to know should be asked in a PM to him.
      "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Welcome indeed! There are a lot of sharp pencils in this box and Nathan is among the sharpest. Take what you have read and apply it to your situation. And never think you know it all, keep reading and keep learning. If you don't know something or feel ill at ease about something, ask! You can do that in one of three ways, open forum to get a host of ideas, private message or PM and finally an email.
        If what you read makes you do some soul searching, you are on the right track. If in your work, you use an idea that came from this forum, credit both the individual and the forum; to do otherwise would make you a slimy fellow.
        Reading the wisdom of many forum members has made me better at what I do. We help others when we help each other and ourselves.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

An interesting name...

While this information is publically available, I do, too, wonder why a user's first post is specifically about me. Am I famous on the internet?
          Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 12-15-2006, 04:39 PM.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Sorry for being suspicious but you come across as very knowledgeable about security and I wonder how someone gets that much knowledge. I feel there is much I can learn from experienced people.

Comment

Oh. I thought I was famous.

Anyway... I've been in security since 1994, and have held a variety of positions with several companies. I currently work for NAPSOA Incorporated (www.napsoa.com) as the head of their IT and technical security division, as well as do consulting work for various security firms in matters such as internet presence, applications development, marketing and design, and whatever else they ask me about.

Some of my clients are members of this forum, some are NAPSOA members.

I have worked armed, unarmed, patrol, static, gate, Fortune 500 and government contracts.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                Oh. I thought I was famous.
                Awww, you're famous to us, Nathan. lol
                Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                Originally posted by ValleyOne
                BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                Shoulda called in sick.
                Be safe!

Comment

Infamous maybe? LOL!!
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Well Nathan... put it this way. If you weren't famous before, you are now :P I already talk to you just about every day, so you aren't any different to me though! ha!
                    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

I'm famous. On the Internets!

Comment

ket'sjust say you are famously imfamous.

Now don't get the big head or your ears will get frostbit.

Comment

An example of why not to use your real name.
                          Last edited by Mr. Security; 12-16-2006, 10:12 AM.
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

You're not famous on the internet till you have a Wikipedia entry. We could submit one for you!
                            Booth

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                              An example of why not to use your real name.
                              How do you know it's his real name?
                              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X