• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by ACP01
    It is up to 2xhr.

I just say Security in a conversation. SO, SG and such is better that alot of the things I've been called....Someone even called me Mr. Security once Damn near shot him ...
    Who's Mr. Security? I've heard that name somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• ACP01
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    It's time for your hourly Aricept dose.
    It is up to 2xhr.

I just say Security in a conversation. SO, SG and such is better that alot of the things I've been called....Someone even called me Mr. Security once Damn near shot him ...

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Ive used them back and forth. When I was doing Security patrols for an International Port I called myself a "Security Patrol Officer". However usually I will just use either term that I feel fits the occassion more. I think they are interchangable and I dont mind which is used.

Leave a comment:

• LavianoTS386
    replied
    I prefer just plain "Security"

Leave a comment:

• SecureTN
    replied
    I prefer Security Officer... that's what my badge says... but I prefer Corrections Officer more

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by ACP01
    Starting what over?!?

OK what is the thread again?
    It's time for your hourly Aricept dose.

Leave a comment:

• ACP01
    replied
    Starting what over?!?

OK what is the thread again?

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    Because some of us are getting old
    WHO?? Not us!! lol

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    I already started a similar thread over a year ago. Not sure why we're doing it again.
    Because some of us are getting old

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    I already started a similar thread over a year ago. Not sure why we're doing it again.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    It seems strange to me to call yourselves Public Security when you are working in Private Security??? Unless like the ones here in Montreal or mentioned in other posts, where you are working for hospitals or universities etc.

Leave a comment:

• ACP01
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackhole
    Be careful with that one. You tell someone you're a Public Safety Officer here and they'll think you're a sworn police officer working at a university or a sworn police officer/firefighter working for a municipal Public Safety Department.

Agreed. Before I retired from the FD if someone were to tellme they were a "Public Safety Officer" my first question would have been "Which Department?" When they answered as some security firm I would have called the PD. There are some things you do not call yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Special Investigator
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackhole
    Be careful with that one. You tell someone you're a Public Safety Officer here and they'll think you're a sworn police officer working at a university or a sworn police officer/firefighter working for a municipal Public Safety Department.

In Wisconsin, we ARE ALLOWED to use 'Public Safety'.

My partner, 16 years ago when he started his first company, was the first one to use the words "Public Safety" in the company name here in WI.

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    replied
    Originally posted by Special Investigator
    I never liked the word "security". I prefer "Public Safety" officer.

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    replied
    I prefer security guard, it's less confusing to the (perpetually-confused) general public.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X