Prayer request for a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer request for a friend

I found out yesterday evening that a friend of mine and who id a Security Officer for another firm was told cancer has spread thru out his body.
    His wife said he is given 4 months to live and he may get 8 months if he takes radiation therapy.

Cliff is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. I don't think he has an enemy in the world.

If you would please remember this fine man in your prayers.

Thank you,
    Corbett

Prayers and thoughts for your friend. I wish his outlook improves and hopefuly a recovery for him.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

ACP01,

Your friend has my support and prayers. Keep us updated.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
      - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
      — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

Absolutely...and please let him and his wife know that many are thinking of and praying for him. If he hasn't already done so, you might encourage him to get other opinions, as well. We had a situation in our family where not a second, but a third opinion made all the difference.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Please let him and his family know that a lot of people both forum members and visitors will pray for him.
          Peace, prayers and purpose,
          Bill

Comment

Thank you all.
            I will pass on to Cliff and his wife your kind words and suggestions.

As I hear more I will keep you posted.

Cliff is still working his security job but I don't know for how long. He patrols a strip mine in a pick-up and enjoys the freedom so I think he will continue as long as he can.

Thank you again.
            Corbett

Comment

Update on Cliff

Cliff went into the hospitol this morning, Friday, to start Chemo.
              He will be in there until Monday anyway. After that He will go thru the regular routine.
              My died died of the same type cancer that Cliff has. It was a very painful experience for him. Dad couldn't take Chemo because he was on dialysis (sp).
              Hopefully Cliff taking it will lead to a better outcome.

I told Cliffs wife about you folks and your thoughts and she said "Thank You."

Thank you again for your prayers.
              Corbett

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
                Absolutely...and please let him and his wife know that many are thinking of and praying for him. If he hasn't already done so, you might encourage him to get other opinions, as well. We had a situation in our family where not a second, but a third opinion made all the difference.
                SecTrainer is absolutely right. It could literally save his life. I hope your friend beats this and makes a full recovery.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Prayers sent.
                  "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

It is sad to watch someone we know or care about fade away, but they are always with us in thoughts at least.

Doctors and the medical field advances more every day, do not lose hope.
                    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

Thank you to all.
                      I havn't talked to him or his wife today but will find out tommorrow what the Drs told him.

Comment

Just an update on Cliff.
                        I saw him yesterday evening and he is out of the hospitol.
                        He is in some pain but that didn't keep him from getting out and walking some.
                        You can see he is more tired than normal but he is doing ok.
                        He is looking forward to getting back to work.
                        Thanks all,
                        Corbett

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
                          Thank you to all.
                          I havn't talked to him or his wife today but will find out tommorrow what the Drs told him.
                          Your friend has my prayers, as well.
                          Richard Dickinson
                          Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
                          DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
                          www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Prayers for Cliff and his family.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X