Job Interviews....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Interviews....

I'm still alive (had a Car accident on Friday). I have an interview on Wednesday at Riverbend Maximum Security Institution, and an interview on Thursday at the Tennessee Women's Prison, both in Nashville.

Hoping to move out of the Private Security Sector, and into Corrections, then into a Sheriff's Dept... Wish me luck all.
    "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Originally posted by SecureTN
    I'm still alive (had a Car accident on Friday). I have an interview on Wednesday at Riverbend Maximum Security Institution, and an interview on Thursday at the Tennessee Women's Prison, both in Nashville.

Hoping to move out of the Private Security Sector, and into Corrections, then into a Sheriff's Dept... Wish me luck all.
    You'll do fine with the job. You seem to be well schooled and able to handle yourself. However, I think the corrections field is more dangerous than LE. Watch out for assaults, especially with shanks. Some of these guys are lifers and have NOTHING to lose or gang members who will carry out any hit no matter who it is.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

My step-son is a CO in WV.
      I agree it is more damgerous than LEO so stay alert.
      Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for the Support... I'm nervous about it... especially Riverbend, it being a Maximum and all. My Father was a C.O., and he told me to watch my a$$.

Comment

When I finished Police Technology I applied everywhere. I received a letter inviting me to an interview to work for Corrections Canada. The day of the interview my alarm clock went off. I shut it off, rolled back over & went back to sleep dreaming corrections was not for me! Good luck to you though.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Good Luck. As the others have said, it is a dangerous field.
            "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Having spent 12 years in corrections at Pelican Bay in California, I second the advice about watching your back. I should add here that corrections is not for everyone, especially any maximum security. The inmates that you will be dealing with can and will attack without provocation. Like another poster said, some of them simply have nothing to lose, and remember that you will be the one enforcing rules that they may feel are unfair. If I were in your situation, I would likely opt for going directely into the Sheriff's Dept instead of bothering with corrections, at least there, you get to deall with good people along with the bad ones and you will get some satisfaction from having helped those who deserve help.
              Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

I have tried for 6 different Sheriff's Dept's but because of my age, they hire other, older, equally qualified people... and the money's better...

Comment

Going straight to LEO would be ideal, sure. But these days corrections is a booming business. Around here, the PDs only do "off-the-street" hiring every couple years... Whereas the jails/prisons are almost ALWAYS looking for people.

The general rule for most PDs when it comes to hiring priorities, is that they look for lateral LEOs first, then Corrections Officers, THEN joe-blow off the street.

So while it may not be the best job in the world, these days it's a good step in the right direction to getting where you want to go. As others have said, be careful, and watch your back. Oh yea, and good luck!
                  Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                  Originally posted by ValleyOne
                  BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                  Shoulda called in sick.
                  Be safe!

Comment

I should know by Monday. I took my Drug Screen (will have to show documentation for Lortab... due to my accident) and my background. Everything works out, I'll be hired the 27th, and leave for the Academy on the 31st.

Comment

Good luck to you, just remember where you are when you get started at the prison. Never forget the capabilities of the inmates and always be aware of your surroundings and you will be fine.
                      Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

UPDATE, UPDATE!!! Lol... The State called today, I start Orientation the 27th of Dec, then the 31st I leave for the Academy... so, we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by SecureTN
                          UPDATE, UPDATE!!! Lol... The State called today, I start Orientation the 27th of Dec, then the 31st I leave for the Academy... so, we'll see how it goes.

Congrats! Knock 'em dead!
                          Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                          Originally posted by ValleyOne
                          BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                          Shoulda called in sick.
                          Be safe!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X