Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    A lot of our work involves non security related service such as bringing towels to rooms, helping with luggage when there are no Bellboys on duty etc. For these things we are allowed to accept tips. For security duties (helping a guest figure out how to use his electronic key card for example) we are not. People tend to NOT tip nowadays. It does not effect us but most people don't realize that a lot of employees like Bellboys have a lower minimum wage because it is expected that they will get a tip. It is even worse for a waiter here in Quebec, He is taxed as if he received an 8% tip so if you tip him less than 8% his service to you is actually costing him!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by BHR Lawson
    The only policy we have is, be sure to say thank you.

We cannot accept gifts from our patients or visitors unless it has been cleared by an administrator. So lets say a patient comes in and they are a little loopy and they want to tip you for being nice to them, we obviously have to turn them down. However; if they are let out and they contact an administrator and advise them they want to bring us a cake, that may be different.

I dont think there is any policy against us giving/getting gifts from employees.
    Let me guess: Fruitcake (lots of nuts)

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    The only policy we have is, be sure to say thank you.

We cannot accept gifts from our patients or visitors unless it has been cleared by an administrator. So lets say a patient comes in and they are a little loopy and they want to tip you for being nice to them, we obviously have to turn them down. However; if they are let out and they contact an administrator and advise them they want to bring us a cake, that may be different.

I dont think there is any policy against us giving/getting gifts from employees.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    started a topic gifts & ethics

gifts & ethics

Do you have a policy on Security Officers accepting gifts over the Christmas period ( or during the year) where you work?

We have an ethics agreement with limits.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X