Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    well...

I know I should have my duty belt on at all times, but when I am cruising on super shift, I tend to take it off and ditch it on the psgr seat. I have a back-up holster and sidearm in the glovebox with two sets of cuffs in case I have to get out of my Vic in a hurry. I kow it is not the most tactically sound, but it sure is comfortable. And...before it even starts, I have the other pistol in my cruiser as it is my CCW in TX.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    LOL at the ladies car! Since I have purchased a duty belt with velcro and utilize a velcro trouser inner belt, this has become less of a issue. Oh, and weight loss works too! LOL!!!!!

Be safe,

Hank
    You're still using keepers, right?

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    I know what you mean Hank, I occasionally have the same issues getting into my car though it may be because it was designed for seating 5"7' waifs LOL

Yes I admit it... I drive a ladies car

Back to the uncliping issue... I reinforced the stitching on my duty belt pouches & where I had a troublesome clip/press stud I stitched that up and all! no good reaching for something only to find it's not there
    LOL at the ladies car! Since I have purchased a duty belt with velcro and utilize a velcro trouser inner belt, this has become less of a issue. Oh, and weight loss works too! LOL!!!!!

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    I know what you mean Hank, I occasionally have the same issues getting into my car though it may be because it was designed for seating 5"7' waifs LOL

Yes I admit it... I drive a ladies car

Back to the uncliping issue... I reinforced the stitching on my duty belt pouches & where I had a troublesome clip/press stud I stitched that up and all! no good reaching for something only to find it's not there

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    I do not have any issues regarding driving and being comfortable during my tour. I think the biggest issue I have id that the belt keepers, latex glove pouch and both cuff cases unsnap getting in to my squad. But, I am a big guy any way.

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    Back on subject I got a Hormetrics vibrating seat and back massager a few XMases ago and it worked for like a week and then kaput. On the good side it absorbs the stuff on my belt and takes away the pain even on rough roads.

Leave a comment:

• ctbgpo
    replied
    CHUCKY

Since I was a wee lil Bambilance driver I've carried a Leatherman on my belt. Even now, there's one on it. My Lt. thought it was useless as I cannot carry it into the building (PSYCH HOSPITAL) until I fixed his glasses with the little screwdriver. I happend to notice the other day a Leatherman Micro on his keychain.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    Davis I don't care if you are armed, unarmed or just plain rabbid but seeing that you carry a utility tool on your belt does my heart good. That is one of the first things I put on my web belt. I am the only one I know that carries one an takes the nerd rap for it. I have used that BuckTool more than anything else that I carry. I have repaired eyeglasses,watch bands, loose equipment screws for other S/Os Etc. A little fix it for a dept head goes a long way somtimes at budget time.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by Special Investigator
    The way I look at it, you can never have too much ammo. Between the rounds loaded in the shotgun, 5 rds in a butt stock holder and the 6 on my duty belt. I feel more prepared if I get into a shooting situation. I'd hate to run out of ammo in a shooting situation. I don't want to have to run back to my squad if I run out. Besides it looks more intimidating to someone who might be a threat. Often the "look" will prevent or make someone think twice before deciding to follow thru with their actions.

Funny... intimidating wasn't the word that came to my mind... Based on this thread I found, thanks to N A, and after reading the other one where things got a little pissy. I, hope, I have come to a simple conclusion.

Regional Terminology. Here you are saying that you want to appear as intimidating as possible so as to avoid any possible conflict, but later on you said that you want to avoid a 'command presence' I have to ask, do you not think they are one and the same? After all, I know of a OSP Trooper that is still alive, because I assisted him with an arrest of subject who was a close hit on a felony warrant-we arrested him for fail to carry and present his DL. The subject had two loaded hand guns, with plenty of ammo, guess he didn't want to run out of ammo either. Later on the Trooper interviewed the subject and at the end of the interview, the Trooper asked the guy; "Hey look between you and me I stopped the tape, took the batteries out and everything.... Why didn't you just start shooting at me?" The guys response was; "If it was just you I would've tried, but you AND that other Officer looked like you were playing for keeps... Besides the warrant they have out on me is a weak case..." Our command presence, or visual intimidation prevailed. Now we didn't get Super Ninja on his a$$, we just made it clear through our actions and demeanor that this was a no win option for him.

Do you see how your term and the term of others is the same?

Leave a comment:

• ACP01
    replied
    We are always joking around on here. Just think someone might give you a nickname os Shotgun Initiative!

Ya gotta have thick skin to be in Security.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    I'm sorry for over reacting Mr S. Being a newer member here I have to learn the 'puns' of some of ya here. No hard feelings towards you or anyone else who wishes to razz me.
    No problem.

Leave a comment:

• Special Investigator
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Come on SI. Lighten up a bit. We're just ribbing you. Nothing personal. Whatever works for you. I get teased all the time by my co-security officers. Nicknames like Super Security and so on.

I'm sorry for over reacting Mr S. Being a newer member here I have to learn the 'puns' of some of ya here. No hard feelings towards you or anyone else who wishes to razz me.

Leave a comment:

• SecureTN
    replied
    I get called Batman by mine.
    Let's see... My duty belt, Nylon Belt, Latex Gloves, Flashlight ring, Hatch duty gloves, Radio Carrier and swivel, scanner, small stinger type flashlight, personal cell phone, duty cell phone, and keys.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Thats funny. Were you a comedian before you became a security person?

Like I said, if my "visual" apperance deters any "problems" that I might possibly face, it is to MY advantage.

All this over 6 shotgun shells.......Wow.
    Come on SI. Lighten up a bit. We're just ribbing you. Nothing personal. Whatever works for you. I get teased all the time by my co-security officers. Nicknames like Super Security and so on.

Leave a comment:

• Special Investigator
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    You could get those ammo belts that cross over each other on your chest. Plus, the extra shotgun shells make for a good distraction when you throw them into the fire barrels that vagrants use in the city.

Thats funny. Were you a comedian before you became a security person?

Like I said, if my "visual" apperance deters any "problems" that I might possibly face, it is to MY advantage.

All this over 6 shotgun shells.......Wow.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X