Duty Belt and Driving Comfortable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHUCKY

Since I was a wee lil Bambilance driver I've carried a Leatherman on my belt. Even now, there's one on it. My Lt. thought it was useless as I cannot carry it into the building (PSYCH HOSPITAL) until I fixed his glasses with the little screwdriver. I happend to notice the other day a Leatherman Micro on his keychain.

Comment

Back on subject I got a Hormetrics vibrating seat and back massager a few XMases ago and it worked for like a week and then kaput. On the good side it absorbs the stuff on my belt and takes away the pain even on rough roads.
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

I do not have any issues regarding driving and being comfortable during my tour. I think the biggest issue I have id that the belt keepers, latex glove pouch and both cuff cases unsnap getting in to my squad. But, I am a big guy any way.

Be safe,

Hank
        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

I know what you mean Hank, I occasionally have the same issues getting into my car though it may be because it was designed for seating 5"7' waifs LOL

Yes I admit it... I drive a ladies car

Back to the uncliping issue... I reinforced the stitching on my duty belt pouches & where I had a troublesome clip/press stud I stitched that up and all! no good reaching for something only to find it's not there
          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
            I know what you mean Hank, I occasionally have the same issues getting into my car though it may be because it was designed for seating 5"7' waifs LOL

Yes I admit it... I drive a ladies car

Back to the uncliping issue... I reinforced the stitching on my duty belt pouches & where I had a troublesome clip/press stud I stitched that up and all! no good reaching for something only to find it's not there
            LOL at the ladies car! Since I have purchased a duty belt with velcro and utilize a velcro trouser inner belt, this has become less of a issue. Oh, and weight loss works too! LOL!!!!!

Be safe,

Hank
            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
              LOL at the ladies car! Since I have purchased a duty belt with velcro and utilize a velcro trouser inner belt, this has become less of a issue. Oh, and weight loss works too! LOL!!!!!

Be safe,

Hank
              You're still using keepers, right?
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

well...

I know I should have my duty belt on at all times, but when I am cruising on super shift, I tend to take it off and ditch it on the psgr seat. I have a back-up holster and sidearm in the glovebox with two sets of cuffs in case I have to get out of my Vic in a hurry. I kow it is not the most tactically sound, but it sure is comfortable. And...before it even starts, I have the other pistol in my cruiser as it is my CCW in TX.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X