X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Special Investigator
    OK, I stand corrected. I heard he was issued a firearm permit. Do you recall what company it was?

Thanks for the correction.
    No, but I think I can find it at DRL.

Leave a comment:

• Special Investigator
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I remember that. According to the Final Decision Order, he was not licensed by DRL, nor did he have a firearms permit. It cost the owner of the company his license and the ability to ever hold any license in PI/Security again.
    OK, I stand corrected. I heard he was issued a firearm permit. Do you recall what company it was?

Thanks for the correction.

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I remember that. According to the Final Decision Order, he was not licensed by DRL, nor did he have a firearms permit. It cost the owner of the company his license and the ability to ever hold any license in PI/Security again.

Reminds me of the inverse, a condo complex in Florida had a uniformed officer with no firearms license or security license. He shot and killed a man who attacked him, it was ruled justifiable and a good shoot. Then DOACS started their review, as per Florida Statute, and threw the book at him.
    Yes, that was all over the news papers here. It was a circus back and forth about that. It's a fine line these days even being legally armed I guess. Gesh, to be armed and not be licensed. That's is a form of job suicide I think.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Yea, I know what you mean. Unfortunately a lot of business's have that attitude reguarding armed security. Around here too many guards shoot inocent people/bystanders.

A year ago a armed guard shot and killed a customer who he thought was shop lifting at a Walgreens. The guard was a felon and was issued a firearm permit by the state. There were a few folks who had some explaining to do at the DRL.

Reminds me of the inverse, a condo complex in Florida had a uniformed officer with no firearms license or security license. He shot and killed a man who attacked him, it was ruled justifiable and a good shoot. Then DOACS started their review, as per Florida Statute, and threw the book at him.

Leave a comment:

• Special Investigator
    replied
    Yea, I know what you mean. Unfortunately a lot of business's have that attitude reguarding armed security. Around here too many guards shoot inocent people/bystanders.

A year ago a armed guard shot and killed a customer who he thought was shop lifting at a Walgreens. The guard was a felon and was issued a firearm permit by the state. There were a few folks who had some explaining to do at the DRL.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Around these parts, Wally-mart does not believe in "armed" security. They think a armed presence would 'scare' customers away. Then again, like check cashing stores, they really don't care about the safety of its employee's and expect some folks to get hurt/killed.
    That's funny, cause I, personally, would be more afraid of robbers and thugs than an armed security guard. But whatever floats their boat I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Special Investigator
    replied
    Around these parts, Wally-mart does not believe in "armed" security. They think a armed presence would 'scare' customers away. Then again, like check cashing stores, they really don't care about the safety of its employee's and expect some folks to get hurt/killed.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    A robbery in the city of "Brotherly Love?" I just can't believe it.

Leave a comment:

• fstarnes01
    started a topic armed security guards needed

armed security guards needed

hello, i heard wal-mart was hit again, in philadelphia, pa. wal-mart said no police, no armed security, but cheltham, pa. police take watch at wal-mart, so the police can do, our job but we do theres job they say we are inpersonating a police officer, so there inpersonating a armed security officer, O the take was all the money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X