armed security guards needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armed security guards needed

hello, i heard wal-mart was hit again, in philadelphia, pa. wal-mart said no police, no armed security, but cheltham, pa. police take watch at wal-mart, so the police can do, our job but we do theres job they say we are inpersonating a police officer, so there inpersonating a armed security officer, O the take was all the money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A robbery in the city of "Brotherly Love?" I just can't believe it.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Around these parts, Wally-mart does not believe in "armed" security. They think a armed presence would 'scare' customers away. Then again, like check cashing stores, they really don't care about the safety of its employee's and expect some folks to get hurt/killed.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Special Investigator
        Around these parts, Wally-mart does not believe in "armed" security. They think a armed presence would 'scare' customers away. Then again, like check cashing stores, they really don't care about the safety of its employee's and expect some folks to get hurt/killed.
        That's funny, cause I, personally, would be more afraid of robbers and thugs than an armed security guard. But whatever floats their boat I guess.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Yea, I know what you mean. Unfortunately a lot of business's have that attitude reguarding armed security. Around here too many guards shoot inocent people/bystanders.

A year ago a armed guard shot and killed a customer who he thought was shop lifting at a Walgreens. The guard was a felon and was issued a firearm permit by the state. There were a few folks who had some explaining to do at the DRL.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Yea, I know what you mean. Unfortunately a lot of business's have that attitude reguarding armed security. Around here too many guards shoot inocent people/bystanders.

A year ago a armed guard shot and killed a customer who he thought was shop lifting at a Walgreens. The guard was a felon and was issued a firearm permit by the state. There were a few folks who had some explaining to do at the DRL.
            I remember that. According to the Final Decision Order, he was not licensed by DRL, nor did he have a firearms permit. It cost the owner of the company his license and the ability to ever hold any license in PI/Security again.

Reminds me of the inverse, a condo complex in Florida had a uniformed officer with no firearms license or security license. He shot and killed a man who attacked him, it was ruled justifiable and a good shoot. Then DOACS started their review, as per Florida Statute, and threw the book at him.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              I remember that. According to the Final Decision Order, he was not licensed by DRL, nor did he have a firearms permit. It cost the owner of the company his license and the ability to ever hold any license in PI/Security again.

Reminds me of the inverse, a condo complex in Florida had a uniformed officer with no firearms license or security license. He shot and killed a man who attacked him, it was ruled justifiable and a good shoot. Then DOACS started their review, as per Florida Statute, and threw the book at him.
              Yes, that was all over the news papers here. It was a circus back and forth about that. It's a fine line these days even being legally armed I guess. Gesh, to be armed and not be licensed. That's is a form of job suicide I think.
              My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                OK, I stand corrected. I heard he was issued a firearm permit. Do you recall what company it was?

Thanks for the correction.

~~George Orwell.

Comment

OK, I stand corrected. I heard he was issued a firearm permit. Do you recall what company it was?

Thanks for the correction.
                  No, but I think I can find it at DRL.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X