Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mall Director
    replied
    In Colorado we can wear any badge with any non law enforcement logo, and it "has to" state "Security Officer".

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtnewby
    Badges? We don't need no stinking badges....
    Regarding those stinkin’ badges: Ever since CT issued a "square badge" regulation, many officers have opted for the "We don't need no stinkin’ badges" approach rather than wear the clunkers that the State mandated.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Badges? We don't need no stinking badges....

In Minnesota, security can wear any style badge. But only law enforcement and official government security (city, county, or state) can have the state seal in their badges. Working for a county hospital, we have the state seal. Private security contracted by a governing body also cannot use the state seal.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by masterchief
    does anyone know about this

how are the regulations or the laws for security badges in ontario ?

greetings masterchief
    I don't know if it's proper to mention another forum but www.protectionservices.ca has lots of members from Ontario. One thing I can tell you is that Ontario, like Quebec is just about to change the laws re private security. What might be allowed today might not be soon.

Leave a comment:

• masterchief
    replied
    does anyone know about this

how are the regulations or the laws for security badges in ontario ?

greetings masterchief

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by GCMC Security
    Each of the companies I worked for in Michigan issued metal badges.

Nathan would you like to borrow my airsoft M249 that is on its way here?
    Is that electric or spring? My M4 is spring. I should break down and buy an electric.

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    Each of the companies I worked for in Michigan issued metal badges.

Nathan would you like to borrow my airsoft M249 that is on its way here?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by IB107
    I DARE YOU!
    Unforutnately, it'd take me quite awhile and quite a bit of PVC pipe to fashion together an AT4.

Might get some 6mm pellets at 500 FPS fired at his car, though, if he keeps it up. I just put my airsoft M4 back together with a new spring.

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    No, I mean, they won't let any stars, or just a perticular star?

Example: In Florida, 5-Point Stars are reserved for the Sheriff's of the counties. 7 are fine. 6 are fine. 8 is fine too.

On a side note, I'm about 3 seconds away from firing an AT-4 at my neighbor's hoopty. I can FEEL his bass, and he's 2 blocks away at the light.

I DARE YOU!

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    replied
    no stars.. period. its state law :P no "ranger type either circluar with the star in middle"

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    no stars.. i typod... ill fix that now :P
    No, I mean, they won't let any stars, or just a perticular star?

Example: In Florida, 5-Point Stars are reserved for the Sheriff's of the counties. 7 are fine. 6 are fine. 8 is fine too.

On a side note, I'm about 3 seconds away from firing an AT-4 at my neighbor's hoopty. I can FEEL his bass, and he's 2 blocks away at the light.

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    replied
    no stars.. i typod... ill fix that now :P

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    in utah were can wear any badge except and form of a star badge, also we can not have the state seal. but we can ave shields, squares, circles, diamonds,etc...
    How many points on the star?

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    replied
    in utah were can wear any badge except the form of a star badge, also we can not have the state seal. but we can ave shields, squares, circles, diamonds,etc...
    Last edited by IB107; 05-25-2006, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• darrell
    replied
    Originally posted by kingsman
    We have been told by our company here in Michigan that we are not allowed to wear any metal badges.

I have worked for several security companies in michigan, and none of them have ever given me a badge. uniforms very all over the map. my current uniform is Black pants and a White shirt with the half moon patches with the company name, and security above the left breast pocket, and a cloth badge above the right pocket.

Personally, I would prefer that we wear white shirts with Khaki pants, or black on Black shirt and pants.

The previous company I worked for had black shirts and khaki pants. I worked with them in Louisiana for 3 months and it was amazing the number of security personnel walking around down there, many making more money than the police.

here is the michigan law in the subject.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(vx4hj...ileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-338-1069

It looks like you might be able to wear a metal badge if it is approved by the state, but are restricted to a patch if not.

MSP Regulates the badges here heavily. The badge can't look like a Police, fire or ems badge and must say SECURITY GUARD.

If you are inhouse they aren't regulated as much.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X