Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tacscuba
    replied
    At my new job we get RAV4's. One of them has lights and a siren

Leave a comment:

• FlaSecurity1234
    replied
    CIS Cars

see http://www.cisworldservices.org/CISi...miscpics5.html
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    I see good 'ol Midwest Patrol (GSSC) got themselves a Charger.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Chaple
    replied
    Originally posted by Ranger05 View Post
    I drive a real nice 2005 Ford Ranger while on patrol. Only complaint is....IT'S MINE!
    That just happens to be how I got a Towncar for my patrol vehicle (albeit a 1995 Towncar)

Leave a comment:

• souperdave
    replied
    I get to sport a nice pair of blacked sueded NIKEs......the big boss won't let me bring my Blazer into the store.

Although the store's plenty big enough to drive around in.......except for the escalators.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger05
    replied
    I drive a real nice 2005 Ford Ranger while on patrol. Only complaint is....IT'S MINE!

Leave a comment:

• Son-Of-A-Pilot
    replied
    We have a Ford too!

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    Take home or shift car? I've noticed that if your agency is smart enough to issue take homes, you'll get alot more service out of em. For a 2000 CVPI to have 95,000 miles on it, with a police agency, is incredible. Give me the days of the Caprice Classic when they started falling apart after 300,000.

We are driving a 2004 Ford Escape which has 117,500 miles on it. This one has been around the block. It transfered in from another site. I think the warranty expired a while ago.

Leave a comment:

• SRF
    replied
    Any of the following which are in our fleet:

A few Ford Explorers
    A fewChevy Trailblazers
    A couple Chevy Tahoes
    A few Ford Expeditions

All with lightbars. A mix of LED lightbars, vector halogen lightbars, and edge strobe lightbars.
    Last edited by SRF; 06-27-2008, 03:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
    Segway is a great tool for mobility. As the picture above shows, it's also a great conversation starter for police & public.
    I AGREE!

Regardless which role you play LEO or Security establishing rapport with client(s), the public or whoever, having that basic rapport is the best way to gain trust, cooperation and deter problems by establishing that you too are a person to not just some 'figure'. If you happen to have a conversation starter to get the ball rolling, all the better.

I wonder how high the CDI factor is (Chicks Dig It factor) is with those...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Segway is a great tool for mobility. As the picture above shows, it's also a great conversation starter for police & public.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
    Everytime I see a cop on a Segway they are a tub of crap. They should mandate foot patrol for over weight officers.
    .....PM sent

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    OK OK...

We got unfit S/O's, unfit Cops, unfit this, that and the other unfit things!!! Fact is that there are unfit people all over but some how becomes a big deal.

Let's face it, in just about every occupation, there are unfit people (aside from athleates, minus Sumo wrestlers, who in their own right may infact be fit, contrary to our beliefs of fitness), some are going to exploit that to make them look bad or whatever the intent is.

Can we just knock it off with the S/O vs LEO bashing crap, it's getting kinda silly.

Leave a comment:

• Black Caesar
    replied
    Everytime I see a cop on a Segway they are a tub of crap. They should mandate foot patrol for over weight officers.

There it is again, that trademark private security Hypocrisy (which usually most strongly asserts itself when the discussion turns to some police officer or another).... Only Jealousy could fuel such loathing.

....Hello, have you seen the people who work in private security? I'd bet money the average cop is fitter than the average S/O. Hellfire and damnation, all one has to do is go to youtube and type the words security guard to see some really less than flattering (but obviously well fed) S/Os.

Hell, if that doesn't get the point across, we could just look at the picture threads in this forum, but I doubt you want to go there.....

Leave a comment:

• mjw064
    replied
    I won't stoop to this level, but it's just another example of the cop bashing I spoke of in an earlier post. I mean unless you are joking, why would you even make such a blanket statement?

Leave a comment:

• Black Caesar
    replied
    Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
    Do you say cops are lazy when they are in cars? The Segway is a patrol vehicle, which allows officers to cover an area with the same or better efficiency as when patrolling a highly urban area in a car, while still obtaining the benefits of a community oriented foot beat program.

I'll be honest, I use one. I can cover every block of my 10 square block PSA in about 10 minutes on the Segway. Walking it would take well over 30 minutes. The benefit is that I can still respond to calls for service when operating a Segway (standard foot beat officers are NEVER dispatched to calls, due to the amount if time it takes a walking officer to respond), and I stay out on the street for about 7 hours of my 8 hour shift.

Lastly, I am also a certified police cyclist. I prefer the mountain bike over the Segway, and believe it or not, my legs are just as tired at the end of a shift on a mountain bike as they are at the end of a shift on a Segway. Using a Segway isn't as easy or carefree as you may imagine. District Government recently purchased 60+ Segway's, thus the politicians expect to see them out on the street ... it's not up to individual officers.

Clearly, the officer in that picture, who just retired after 30 years of service didn't go out and buy that Segway for his personal use ... You have a very narrow minded view of the world.
    Isn't it wonderful when people who probably haven't stepped foot one on a segway make comments like that. We just aquired seqways (our campus is downtown, main campus in the west-central area, nursing school in the west in, resource center clear on the other (east) side of downtown) and you are TIRED after a shift of standing straight up on the thing. you have to spend some time walking just to get the crimps out of your legs.

I'll park my segway against a tree and walk for 5-10 minutes just to stay limber, but standing/balancing on the thing for hours on end is actually fairly good core training.

The part about not being able to catch "perps" (perps lol, what is this, NYPD blue or something) is also interesting. A segway lets an average height officer stand a full head taller than the rest of the crown, almost like riding a horse great for crowd control, and a fleeing suspect can be spotted more easily.

I haven't had to do this yet, but chasing someone with a segway means that THEY are out of breath when you catch them, rather than both of them being tired. One guy asked "well, what happens if the guy you are chasing runs down some stairs, you can't chase him then". I replied that the fact that I was on a seqway means my legs aren't broken, I would simply get off the segway and continue chasing, and STILL be fresher than he is when i catch him. I keep the segway key in my pocket, so when i get off the thing, as soon as I get 10 yards away from it, it locks and an alarm sounds is someone trys to move it.

Like with most other things, people's views about segways are rooted in ignorance.
    Last edited by Black Caesar; 06-21-2008, 03:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X