Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK OK...

We got unfit S/O's, unfit Cops, unfit this, that and the other unfit things!!! Fact is that there are unfit people all over but some how becomes a big deal.

Let's face it, in just about every occupation, there are unfit people (aside from athleates, minus Sumo wrestlers, who in their own right may infact be fit, contrary to our beliefs of fitness), some are going to exploit that to make them look bad or whatever the intent is.

Can we just knock it off with the S/O vs LEO bashing crap, it's getting kinda silly.
    I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
      Everytime I see a cop on a Segway they are a tub of crap. They should mandate foot patrol for over weight officers.
      .....PM sent
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

• Segway is a great tool for mobility. As the picture above shows, it's also a great conversation starter for police & public.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
          Segway is a great tool for mobility. As the picture above shows, it's also a great conversation starter for police & public.
          I AGREE!

Regardless which role you play LEO or Security establishing rapport with client(s), the public or whoever, having that basic rapport is the best way to gain trust, cooperation and deter problems by establishing that you too are a person to not just some 'figure'. If you happen to have a conversation starter to get the ball rolling, all the better.

I wonder how high the CDI factor is (Chicks Dig It factor) is with those...
          I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

• Any of the following which are in our fleet:

A few Ford Explorers
            A fewChevy Trailblazers
            A couple Chevy Tahoes
            A few Ford Expeditions

All with lightbars. A mix of LED lightbars, vector halogen lightbars, and edge strobe lightbars.
            Last edited by SRF; 06-27-2008, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• We have a Ford too!

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
              Take home or shift car? I've noticed that if your agency is smart enough to issue take homes, you'll get alot more service out of em. For a 2000 CVPI to have 95,000 miles on it, with a police agency, is incredible. Give me the days of the Caprice Classic when they started falling apart after 300,000.

We are driving a 2004 Ford Escape which has 117,500 miles on it. This one has been around the block. It transfered in from another site. I think the warranty expired a while ago.
              "The Emperor is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress. I am here to put you back on schedule."

Comment

• I drive a real nice 2005 Ford Ranger while on patrol. Only complaint is....IT'S MINE!

Comment

• I get to sport a nice pair of blacked sueded NIKEs......the big boss won't let me bring my Blazer into the store.

Although the store's plenty big enough to drive around in.......except for the escalators.
                  You can educate dumb, but you can't fix stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger05 View Post
                    I drive a real nice 2005 Ford Ranger while on patrol. Only complaint is....IT'S MINE!
                    That just happens to be how I got a Towncar for my patrol vehicle (albeit a 1995 Towncar)
                    "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

• I see good 'ol Midwest Patrol (GSSC) got themselves a Charger.
                      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

• CIS Cars

see http://www.cisworldservices.org/CISi...miscpics5.html
                        Attached Files

Comment

• At my new job we get RAV4's. One of them has lights and a siren
                          If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

"People look to you to dig them out of life threatening dung - that is an awesome responsibility and should be honoured with your blood and sweat in preparation for the day when you may have to work very hard to save someone you might not even know or like. If you are terrible at your job, somebody gets blinded/maimed/disfigured or killed."-Slack

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X