Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by mjw064; 07-04-2008, 04:06 PM.
    Washington DC

Comment

• Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
      standard marked and unmarked Ford Police Interceptors make up most of the fleet:

I like those graphics!
      My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

• Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
        Pick up trucks are used because they're "small" and therefore "fuel efficient."
        Pickups are small? I drive an F-150 for patrol...not quite small when you look at CVPI and Impala...

Comment

• Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
          standard marked and unmarked Ford Police Interceptors make up most of the fleet:

Do you working for Capitol police

Comment

• Originally posted by dougo83 View Post
            Pickups are small? I drive an F-150 for patrol...not quite small when you look at CVPI and Impala...
            Previously, I've been assigned F-150's and F-250's. I've been downsized.... But, truth be told? The CHEVY Colorado isn't a bad duty rig. --K.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SpecialAgentKC; 05-08-2008, 07:32 PM.
            Bitter clinger to my guns and religion....

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country."--Andrew Jackson

Psychological Operations: Because physical wounds heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpecialAgentKC View Post
              Previously, I've been assigned F-150's and F-250's. I've been downsized.... But, truth be told? The CHEVY Colorado isn't a bad duty rig. --K.
              I love this truck , do you working for security police for the city of Seattle

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
                I love this truck , do you working for security police for the city of Seattle
                Thanks. And, yes, something like that. We provide critical infrastructure protection for the municipal water supply (which is a regional service), so, we work a large area and I'm usually patrolling areas outside of the city. --K.
                Bitter clinger to my guns and religion....

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country."--Andrew Jackson

Psychological Operations: Because physical wounds heal.

Comment

• We also added an '05 Nissan Frontier extended cab. Nice little truck. Roomier than I thought...and it has enough spaces to store my FAK, extra gear, reports and everything in the nifty little widget pockets...
                  Last edited by doulos Christou; 05-09-2008, 12:33 AM.

Comment

I love Michigan State police their car look vintage with the big red gumball light on the roof and the decal on the door . I always think that a police car or a security car dont need to have a lot of decal and stripe to be beautiful only the essantial . Less is beautiful
                    When I started patrol in 1979, our squads had nice simple markings, with "Midwest Patrol" on the fenders and trunk lid, and our beloved "buzzard" on the doors.
                    We had 1978 Plymouth Furys with 400 V-8's when I started driving. Then we switched to Plymouth Volare's with 383 V-8's in 1980. Then they went temporarily insane and put us in 1982 Reliants with 4 cylinder engines. Yech! At least our current impalas have V-6's!
                    The picture is me in the spring of 1981 with a 1980 Volare.
                    Attached Files
                    "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badge714 View Post
                      When I started patrol in 1979, our squads had nice simple markings, with "Midwest Patrol" on the fenders and trunk lid, and our beloved "buzzard" on the doors.
                      We had 1978 Plymouth Furys with 400 V-8's when I started driving. Then we switched to Plymouth Volare's with 383 V-8's in 1980. Then they went temporarily insane and put us in 1982 Reliants with 4 cylinder engines. Yech! At least our current impalas have V-6's!

The Chicken Hawk!
                      (That's what we called it when I worked there in the mid nineties. At least the folks I worked with.)
                      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

• Originally posted by SpecialAgentKC View Post
                        The CHEVY Colorado isn't a bad duty rig. --K.
                        I totally agree.
                        111th PAPD Class
                        Bravo Platoon 4th Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by Badge714 View Post
                          You look like good ole' JD "Buck "Savage
                          "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

• Badge 714 do you get picture of your impala that you can share with the forum that would be nice

Comment

Badge 714 do you get picture of your impala that you can share with the forum that would be nice
                              I believe there is a photo of the impala floating around somewhere on the forums.
                              "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

• I believe I posted picture of the Impala and our Dodge pickup on this thread. You might have to look back a ways though.
                                "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X