Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I want to know how you steal a light bar off the top of a truck, if its securely gutter-latched down.
    I know of a light that was stolen while cop was napping, in the car. I thought the same thing so I started looking at different way light bars are mounted. With some, it would not be difficult to steal them.

    BTW, it wasn't me!
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Tennsix
      I know of a light that was stolen while cop was napping, in the car. I thought the same thing so I started looking at different way light bars are mounted. With some, it would not be difficult to steal them.

      BTW, it wasn't me!
      Hehe... Yah, it took me 3 minutes to remove a lightbar from a car one time, doing a switch to a "real" light bar. SVP to Federal Signal.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
        Who makes "Smith & Wesson" bikes? Certainly not them...
        Yes they do. Since at least 1997. In 2002 they teamed with Cycle Source Group. Smith and Wesson makes some Hella nice bikes. Expensive but hella nice.
        From- http://www.totalbike.com/news/article/744/
        10/03/2002

        PHP Code:
        Smith Wesson Holding Corporation parent company of the legendary 150-year-old handgun makerSmith Wesson Corp., today announced it has entered into a licensing agreement with Cycle Source Groupwhich produces bicycles and a wide array of accessories for Jeep and HondaCycle Source Group currently distributes their lines through mass retailerssporting goods chains and bicycle shops.

        "This new licensee affords us the opportunity to increase our exposure in the traditional consumer retail channels," said Mitchell SaltzCEO and chairman of Smith Wesson Holding Corp"This is another step in our strategic licensing plan to create new revenue streams leveraging the legendary Smith & Wesson brand." 

        "We are very excited about taking over the Smith & Wesson bicycle line," 
        said Nyle Nimspresident of Cycle Source Group"We already deal with
        institutional and fleet orders and are prepared to expand and meet the needs of law enforcement, municipalities and the consumer marketplace. This is a great opportunity to expand the Smith & Wesson name."

        Cycle Source Group will launch their representation of the Smith Wesson bicycle line at the InterBike Show to be held at the Sands Convention Center in Las VegasNV from SundayOctober 62002 through TuesdayOctober 82002. The InterBike Show is the largest bicycle trade Show in the U.S. and Cycle Source Group will be located in booth #339. 
        Here's some links-

        http://martialmart.com/smwecubi.html
        http://www.themaskedmerchant.com/Sto...x?catId=378123
        Hospital Security Officer

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by EMTGuard
          Yes they do. Since at least 1997. In 2002 they teamed with Cycle Source Group. Smith and Wesson makes some Hella nice bikes. Expensive but hella nice.
          From- http://www.totalbike.com/news/article/744/
          10/03/2002

          PHP Code:
          Smith Wesson Holding Corporation parent company of the legendary 150-year-old handgun makerSmith Wesson Corp., today announced it has entered into a licensing agreement with Cycle Source Groupwhich produces bicycles and a wide array of accessories for Jeep and HondaCycle Source Group currently distributes their lines through mass retailerssporting goods chains and bicycle shops.

          "This new licensee affords us the opportunity to increase our exposure in the traditional consumer retail channels," said Mitchell SaltzCEO and chairman of Smith Wesson Holding Corp"This is another step in our strategic licensing plan to create new revenue streams leveraging the legendary Smith & Wesson brand." 

          "We are very excited about taking over the Smith & Wesson bicycle line," 
          said Nyle Nimspresident of Cycle Source Group"We already deal with
          institutional and fleet orders and are prepared to expand and meet the needs of law enforcement, municipalities and the consumer marketplace. This is a great opportunity to expand the Smith & Wesson name."

          Cycle Source Group will launch their representation of the Smith Wesson bicycle line at the InterBike Show to be held at the Sands Convention Center in Las VegasNV from SundayOctober 62002 through TuesdayOctober 82002. The InterBike Show is the largest bicycle trade Show in the U.S. and Cycle Source Group will be located in booth #339. 
          Here's some links-

          http://martialmart.com/smwecubi.html
          http://www.themaskedmerchant.com/Sto...x?catId=378123
          Like most firearms manufacturers, Smith and Wesson hedged their bets and began doing custom CNC maching, most likely knowing that civilian weapons sales (which keep the company afloat) would eventually be dampened to the point it was no longer profitable, or they'd be sued into non-profitability.

          Right now, I imagine that S&W could drop all law enforcement and military contracts, and run straight off their CNC, Engraving, and mold work. That dosen't include S&W Handcuffs, since those are their CNC division, not firearms.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
            S&W handcuffs are absolute garbage.
            How so? Also, what do you think of Hiatts?
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
              S&W handcuffs are absolute garbage.
              I have had a pair of S&W cuffs for over 20 years and still use them every day.
              I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
              -Lieutenant Commander Data
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Hiatts and Smith & Wesson make some of the best cuffs. Add Peerless to that list, and you're all set... I wouldn't get cuffs from anyplace else... but I've been reconsidering recently, after seeing the new ones ASP just released... But I want to hear some feedback from other Officers who have used them first...
                Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                Originally posted by ValleyOne
                BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                Shoulda called in sick.
                Be safe!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Tennsix
                  I have had a pair of S&W cuffs for over 20 years and still use them every day.
                  My four pair were 10 years old when I gave them to another officer before I moved. They're still in service with that guy.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

                  "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Mr. Security
                    How so? Also, what do you think of Hiatts?
                    I prefer Peerless but have had no problems with S&W cuffs; S&W would not be first choice, however.

                    Hiatt is crap. A former partner of mine at the college carried Hiatts and he had to cuff someone one night. When the someone needed to be uncuffed to sign the citation my partner was unable to open the cuffs. I tried my Bianchi handcuff key and the cuffs still would not open. We had to use a bolt cutter to get the cuffs off. Talk about embarassing. And yes, he still got cited.

                    Also, after the incident I examined the Hiatt cuffs to see if perhaps poor maintenance was the cause of the malfunction. The cuffs were clean and in good repair, so poor maintenance did not appear to cause the problem.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I've got no problem with S&W cuffs either, they've served me well over the years with many, many applications. I might switch to ASP when there are some better cases for them out there.

                      As for cars, 2005 Chevy Impala lately. It's clean, low miles (25,000), still smells good, and drives well. Definitely not my favorite car, but it works.
                      10-8

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Bad Azz Saturn

                        I drive a saturn SL2 YEAH muda****a

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          In 1993 / 1994 I worked for a priviate firm as a field supervisor. My responsibilities included random checks at our sites which involved daily miles. I had the option when I was hired of driving one of the company patrol vehicles to accomplish this part of the job or be given an additional $400.00 weekly fuel / maintenace account for my 1992 Pontiac Sunbird.

                          The patrol vehicles were pathetic.....late 80's nissan pick-ups very, very basic ...right down to the AM radios {No FM so forget stereo} Amber Light-Bar and they smelled like......like......anyway......I obviously opted for the allowance and drove my own car.

                          I can remember one morning the corporate manager asked me to take one of the patrol vehicles to the main office in North Jersey to have the driver side door repaired. {When I wasn't checking on guards, dealing with pay-roll issues, call-outs, and staffing problems I was the Office Slave} The door was tied together with a rope to keep it shut. Driving this thing 80 miles north was just such a pleasure. And the replacement wreck they sent me back with......

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
                            S&W.....I don't like the double-lock, the way you have to slide it, instead of just pushing it in.......
                            I don't like that feature either.
                            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by histfan71
                              I prefer Peerless but have had no problems with S&W cuffs; S&W would not be first choice, however.

                              Hiatt is crap.....
                              The mechanical action on my pair of Hiatt cuffs is rough compared to Peerless. However, I believe Hiatt handcuffs are harder to pick and here is the reason why: Look at the ratchet locking mechanism on the Hiatt cuffs and you will see that it is comprised of multiple spring loaded levers that interlock with the hinged saw tooth arm of the cuff. The same mechanism on Peerless is one piece, making it easier to push up with a paper clip. Moreover the teeth on the Hiatt cuffs are cut considerably deeper than Peerless, which makes it harder to force a paper clip or some other picking device between the teeth on the cuff arm and the ratchet. Unfortunately, this causes the rough mechanical action, even when lubricated properly.
                              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I drive 2005 Chev Impala with federal signal Vista light bar in red and smartsiren, prisoner screen, push bars, etc. We will be switching to Colorado pickups and slick top warning lights. I wish my company would spring for laptops in patrol cars, were already wired better for wireless acess than most cities and have a good firewall so information security is not a problem. but they won't do it oh well.

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X