Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    I knew I could count on you to find out Davis. I did read an article about how MPD is going to be working with ICE. The bleeding heart author of the article said something about, "It's just scary to think that you will start seeing federal agents along with Minneapolis police showing up in your neighborhood in their new 'black and white' squad cars." Any known pics of the new look yet?
    I will check with some friends on pictures, or ask them where one is located so I can snap a photo.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

• Comment

• I had heard that Minneapolis was going to black and whites several months ago. I think it is a nice change. St. Paul has decided to follow suit and all of their new cars will be black and white as well. They figure it will take 5 years to switch over their whole fleet.

I do like the new Trooper cars. It is a throwback to my youth with the white doors.

Comment

• Lots of agencies are going Black and White. I remember an article in 2005-2006 about a local WI agency doing it, because "the security companies have all these fancy graphics and its harder to tell who the police are."

This amused me greatly, because the tone of the quote was that all guard firms should have spraypainted "SECURITY GUARD" in contrasting color 8" high or something.

Thing is, how are these cars going to last with black hoods? A friend of mine says is fleet almost blew up when he did black/whites on Impalas from the heat.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• If I recall correctly, the black and white paint scheme adds about $500 to the price of the car. Another issue in addition to the increased price paid up front is the decreased resale value of the cars.

All a cab company has to do with an all white squad is apply their graphics to it. With a black and white they have to do some repainting.

Comment

• Originally posted by CorpSec View Post
              If I recall correctly, the black and white paint scheme adds about $500 to the price of the car. Another issue in addition to the increased price paid up front is the decreased resale value of the cars.

All a cab company has to do with an all white squad is apply their graphics to it. With a black and white they have to do some repainting.
              More like $2,500 per car. There is a new "shrink wrap" system that can be used over a car's paint job that only costs about $200.00 per car. Our bus system uses it and you can't tell it isn't paint. Some PD's are using white shrink wrap on black cars to give it the two-tone scheme.
              I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
              -Lieutenant Commander Data
              sigpic

Comment

• Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Originally posted by CorpSec View Post
                If I recall correctly, the black and white paint scheme adds about $500 to the price of the car. Another issue in addition to the increased price paid up front is the decreased resale value of the cars.

Not true unite cab used black and white scheme in louisiana .
                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

• Here is a quote from an article on the increase popularity of the black and whites: "Manufacturers, aware of agency constraints, quote less than a $500 increase for each car with the traditional paint job."

While some cab companies may opt for the black and white look, I don't think that it is prevalent. Of course in some areas it seems that all cabs are yellow.

Comment

• Originally posted by CorpSec View Post
                    I had heard that Minneapolis was going to black and whites several months ago. I think it is a nice change. St. Paul has decided to follow suit and all of their new cars will be black and white as well. They figure it will take 5 years to switch over their whole fleet.

I do like the new Trooper cars. It is a throwback to my youth with the white doors.
                    Minneapolis unveils new look for squad cars

WHAT: The Minneapolis Police Department will unveil its newly designed squad cars, which not only looks different from current squad cars, but also includes important new
                    crime-fighting technology.

WHERE: 4th Street South side of City Hall, 350 S. Fifth St.

WHEN: 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, April 29

MORE: Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan, members of the Command Staff, Mayor R.T. Rybak, Minnesota Representative Augustine “Willie” Dominguez and City Council Member
                    Samuels will be on hand to unveil the new design, which includes the new MPD motto, To Protect with Courage, To Serve with Compassion.
                    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

• This is Montreal's newest design. Do you think the front fenders have no markings on them for a reason? (Maybe so they can hide at intersections to catch people going through stop signs?)

BTW this particular car was badly damaged this month in an accident. (Not the hockey riot).

http://policecanada.policecanada.org...SPVM140_PB.jpg

http://www.photo-media.ca/default.asp?id=1635
                      Last edited by HotelSecurity; 04-28-2008, 07:17 PM.
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

• Since where showing police patrol vehicles I figured I would fly the Aussie flag. You may notice the resemblance to the new Pontiac G8? A Re-badged Holden Commodore that are used here by all Aussie Police forces, this is the SS version a Highway Patrol car used by Victoria Police.

Comment

• That's a fine piece of law enforcement machinery...
                          I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                          -Lieutenant Commander Data
                          sigpic

Comment

• I love the number 4 option

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
                              I love the number 4 option
                              yeah, same here. sounds like a james bond car haha. wonder where the missles are?
                              "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Comment

• The new Minneapolis Police design...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X